+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Hogan

Re: Vehicles you've ruined

Quote Originally Posted by TankSlapper View Post
    Should we include parents cars we ruined?
    oh boy - if we do, then there are many more stories

Quote Originally Posted by oldkawboy View Post
    In 1971 I was a senior in high school & co-op'd so I worked the afternoons at Newton Chevrolet in Chattanooga. Whenever a hot car came in I would jump in it and circle around my school which was only two blocks away.
    A nice, almost new SS454 Monte Carlo came in for service so I went to park it.....circled the school, did some long burnouts for my buddies, got the brakes hot, blew thru a stop sign when they wouldn't work and hit a dump truck. Tore the whole front end off!

Yep, I ruined that vehicle & also my career at Newton Chevrolet.

Dan
    That reminds me of when I worked at a dealership when 17 y/o - I took to the buffing & polishing well - so they trusted me with taking cars to/from auctions after a few weeks - I really liked the owner and his right hand guy - fun job, hard work, good job

the bad - I was in a very custom BMW #3 series with ground effects & lots of other upgrades

so what did I do to it - pulled into the lot too fast, ground effects hit curb and front fender was no longer show quality - I kept the job, they like my labor, but I didnt drive the fancy cars again for a while and I got razzed a lot about that

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by oldkawboy View Post
    In 1971 I was a senior in high school & co-op'd so I worked the afternoons at Newton Chevrolet in Chattanooga. Whenever a hot car came in I would jump in it and circle around my school which was only two blocks away.
    A nice, almost new SS454 Monte Carlo came in for service so I went to park it.....circled the school, did some long burnouts for my buddies, got the brakes hot, blew thru a stop sign when they wouldn't work and hit a dump truck. Tore the whole front end off!

Yep, I ruined that vehicle & also my career at Newton Chevrolet.

Dan

Oldcow

BadAss Hooligan

1967 VW bug around a telephone pole
    1981 Lada into a culvert at high speed Xmas eve after Dad told me not to go out
    1970 something Rabbit (parents) put a hole in the oil pan and other damage while parking with a girl in the woods
    1981 GPZ 750, hit a Sunday driver during our regular Sunday morning rides
    1982 GPZ 1100 in the back of a station wagon showing off in front of kids waiting for the school bus
    1983 GS1100 dumped doing a wheelie accross a busy city intersection

That's off the top of my head. My father was right, I really was a dumb ass! Let's not talk about snowmobiles...

Oldcow

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by green12 View Post
    What motor in the 62? My bro. had a 63 406 and a 60 w/340/390
    It was a puppy V8 motor which I believe 252... something close to that! If it was a 406 I most likely would have kept it longer... it's all about SPEED you know

I remember at the time a guy had a stripped down Galaxy with 406 4 speed car with tri-power. Don't know if it came with the 3 deuces from the factory but it ran really well... it was black on black!

Wayne

Definitely a BRUCE!

CARS:
    totaled an '88 Pontiac Sunbird

toasted engine of an '03 Suzuki XL-7 suv

all other cars (another 6 of them) were traded in for replacements

MOTORCYCLES:

'79 CB750F - died from engine failure about 3 months after I foolishly though the cam chain tensioner needed to be adjusted (bike was 15+ years old at the time, shoulda left it alone) while doing the work, I dropped a bolt down into the engine casing. I had already been riding it for a year at the time, had bought it for $500 and didn't want to split the cases to fetch the bolt out. So I buttoned it all up, and rode it for those 3 months until the loose cam chain eventually wore the cases and leaked like a sieve.

'87 Yamaha FZ700 - totaled on a leaf peeper ride in VT, about 20 minutes into the ride. Cold tires, somewhat wet road, and a downhill left hand turn = low-side get-off. No injuries to me, was wearing my Motoport 1 piece riding suit (similar to Aerostich). The bike ended up upside down in a ditch on the side of the road.
    -
    '00 ZRX1100 - totaled during Bikeweek 2002, hit a nasty frost heave on NH back roads, only had my throttle hand on the bars, due to flipping up face-shield with left hand at the worst possible moment. tankslapper into a Highside, I broke both wrists as well as dislocated my right wrist. Both surgically repaired.
    Steve Roche
    ZRXOA 1609
    green00zrx@comcast.net

'02 Mitsubishi Galant
    '97 Honda Magna 750

ZrexRich

1965 Chevrolet El Camino: Oil pan plug backed out and seized the motor while on the highway.
    1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max V6 4x4: A deeper than it looked puddle submerged the motor and ecu.
    1999 Kawasaki ZRX 1100: Over modified it, then parted it out.

BadAss Hooligan

delete a p601

Name:  img022.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  261.1 KB
    when in the night your light in the bend is not enough , i can not help !
    you must drive slower say the dealer .

Color Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by MZ-MANN View Post
    delete a p601

Attachment 249767
    1000's of East Germans thank you!

TG
    TGHW
    ZRXOA #5590
    Welcome to Wisconsin....Come smell our Dairy air !!

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by TGHW View Post
    1000's of East Germans thank you!

TG
    2 stroke all times faster
    this engine was make a lot smoke with my handswork on it.
    i have love the strong ground going fire it up , an some i was one have come on with an hydrochmechanismen gearing, was much faster in shifting as a handshiftgear.
    i city i was most time first on the red yello green hanger
    the trailer was often by the side from car
    when in the night your light in the bend is not enough , i can not help !
    you must drive slower say the dealer .

King of Kazmania

One of your best posts ever MZ.

You're our German Sillyhillbilly

" 'tis far better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"
    - Someone

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on,
    or by imbeciles who really mean it."
    - Someone else

SAY WHAT YOU MEAN, DO WHAT YOU SAY

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by OLI View Post
    Only one really, I think, but not the shabbiest one unfortunately

Attachment 249591

1985 Porsche 911 turbo 3.3, aka the widowmaker. Too fast in a corner, missed the downshift, locked the front wheels (no ABS here), and straight down into a steep ditch, only to be stopped plugged between two trees that stopped me from hitting the riverbed beneath. Still hurts 20 years later.
    Guess that's two of those that have been ruined by forum members, My dad had a Black 930 with the Gold center BBS rims with the chrome lip. He spun it doing about 140 or 150 leaving Talledega Gran Prix track one day racing another one of the guys. I distinctly remember looking at the other Porsche's headlights and I knew we were gonna die. Car slid into the center ditch and required extensive bodywork after it almost rolled, I was probably 10 and pissed myself literally. Not proud of it but that car never smelled right afterwords. Nor did the engine last too long after that incident it threw a rod and he sold it. I need to go dig though the old receipts and stuff at my mothers house. I want to find that car one day and own it myself. (My first real trouble with the law was when I was 14 and I purloined it for a few hours late at night. That car will always have a spot in my heart. They really did want to kill the undeserving, as evidenced by my father who was judged and found lacking the right stuff.)

God I love that fat butt and whale tail on the old 930's.
    2000 ZRX1100 - Mad Max black 1109 with full kerker exhaust with custom baffle, pod filters, ZX Cams, ZX11 ECU +2 advancer, and 6spd trans and CVK40's with a prototype jet kit. Ridden daily and rarely clean.
    1997 KDX 200 - Tons of blingy parts on a crap bike. Imagine a Roadkill dirtbike...

2006 XC90 V8 AWD - A bit of this, a bit of that and a whole ton of dog hair.
    1982 Porsche 928 - A serious PITA, but I can't get rid of it till it's working.

BadAss Hooligan

1982 Park Ave Electra. Fish tailed in the snow and took out 3 parked cars and wrecked the left side. Had to put the donut spare on to get it home because the rear fender well was pressed against the tire. 1 week later blew the trani, and then spun a bearing trying to get it home with the slipping trani. Had the car for 2 months total; worst car I ever had.
    ZRXOA # 2429

CarlM

Quote Originally Posted by BAMA-ZRX View Post
    It was a puppy V8 motor which I believe 252... something close to that! If it was a 406 I most likely would have kept it longer... it's all about SPEED you know

I remember at the time a guy had a stripped down Galaxy with 406 4 speed car with tri-power. Don't know if it came with the 3 deuces from the factory but it ran really well... it was black on black!

Wayne
    They came with 3 twos. My bro's did. Short lived. 427 came out in 63 1/2 . 352 above

You can't go faster when you are in plaster
    Mongo like candy

CarlM

Quote Originally Posted by zrxxx View Post
    1982 Park Ave Electra. Fish tailed in the snow and took out 3 parked cars and wrecked the left side. Had to put the donut spare on to get it home because the rear fender well was pressed against the tire. 1 week later blew the trani, and then spun a bearing trying to get it home with the slipping trani. Had the car for 2 months total; worst car I ever had.
    3.8? wooda spun a bearing anyway

You can't go faster when you are in plaster
    Mongo like candy

Color Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by green12 View Post
    3.8? wooda spun a bearing anyway
    Wooda been a 4.1 V6, 5.0 V8 (307 ci.) or the infamous GM 5.7 V8 diesel.

TG
    TGHW
    ZRXOA #5590
    Welcome to Wisconsin....Come smell our Dairy air !!

BadAss Hooligan
    It was the 5.0. I saved for almost a year to buy that car too. It was gorgeous. Triple gray; half landau roof, double cushion velour interior. It was like driving a couch.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    ZRXOA # 2429