King of Kazmania

Vehicles you've ruined

Something Bill posted made me think of this. I'll start:

'65 Cutlass S - winter wonderland crash
    '66 Falcon 2 door 289 swapped out to 302 - blew the transmission
    '65 Galaxie 500 2 door 289 swapped out to 302 - sprung door and jam
    '59 ford F100 survivor - the fire hydrant incident
    '69 Bronco - death by rust

" 'tis far better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"
    - Someone

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on,
    or by imbeciles who really mean it."
    - Someone else

SAY WHAT YOU MEAN, DO WHAT YOU SAY

2009 Hooligan of the year

Re: Vehicles you've ruined

Ruined, or just wore out?

I have worn out a '73 Ford LTD and an '86 Ford Bronco II.

I truly ruined a perfectly good 2000 Black ZRX.

A dumbass teenager making an absolutely insane and very sudden lane change ruined my '03 ZRX.

I ruined the crank shaft bearing on a 1989 Mazda Miata.

BadAss Hooligan

Only one really, I think, but not the shabbiest one unfortunately

Name:  IMG_2559.JPG
Views: 542
Size:  96.3 KB

1985 Porsche 911 turbo 3.3, aka the widowmaker. Too fast in a corner, missed the downshift, locked the front wheels (no ABS here), and straight down into a steep ditch, only to be stopped plugged between two trees that stopped me from hitting the riverbed beneath. Still hurts 20 years later.

BadAss Hooligan

'88 Formula 350 Firebird

The car decided to play chicken with a street light. The car lost.

Born In The USA

While I have destroyed a car by my own actions on the road ('64 Malibu SS), and had another crashed into ('61 Impala, small block 4sp), I was talking about taking a car that was nice and customizing the long term value out of it.
    Given all the stupid, unthinking risks I have taken over a 50 year period, that is a pretty short list. Of the 46 cars and 12 motorcycles I've owned, only the Malibu was not roadworthy when I sold it, and I sold everything in it and on it, including the passenger side door as it was the only straight part left, on order to pay off the loan on it.

'57 Ford, 2 door wagon; first car. raised up and painted. Broke the 3 speed 9 times. Learned how to fix transmissions. It was better after I had messed with it. I have never seen another one since.
    '61 Impala. I built the engine for my brother in auto shop when I was 15. Boring bar, valve grind and all. I bought the car from my dad after he had bought it from my brother. Guy in a '32 Ford hot rod pulled out in front of me.
    '64 Malibu 327 4sp. raised up, 4:56 gears after I broke the pinion off the 4:11s. Rolled it on the freeway in the rain spinning the cheater slicks for fun.
    '60 Vette 327 4p. Perfect sleeper and I woke it up.
    '67 Chevelle SS 396. Perfect stock condition. Raised up, mag wheels, custom show paint, cam, headers, 2 fours.
    '64 Vette 327 4sp. Owned it for 5 years. Stock light blue except for a pearl white and blue lace center stripe. Put in an aluminum head 427, a built 350 (when I was working on the 427), a mild 396 (when I got it ready for sale), sectioned fender wells to fit 8 1/2"x15 American mags. At different times, it had a 4 bbl, a tunnel ram with 600s, a cross ram with 600s, and I never did try the 3 twos I had. Built the engine a few ways until it was .060 over, 12 1/2:1 pistons, the biggest hydraulic cam Crower made, ported heads, headers with side exhaust (and back to under the car later with turbo mufflers) With the small cam it came with and a single 4 bbl, (I came out idling due to the weak rear end) and ran 11:72 at 117 mph. It had a lot more power after I built the engine, but I broke the 4:56s on the line at Fremont, and that was the end of the drag racing. I drove it to work (with 3:31 gears) when I didn't take my '64 El Camino, 327 factory 4sp.

After that, I tended to put cars back to stock for better resale. '71 Vette 454 4sp, some Z28s, '68 Vette 427, '69 Vette 350, '73 Vette 350, '68 Camaro 427 4sp (sold to pay for flying lessons).

You can see why I don't enjoy seeing Barrett Jackson much.
    Last edited by Cadman; 11-28-2016 at 07:01 PM.
    You'll never know how fast you can go, until you go too fast.

I have discovered that half of being a good rebel is knowing what to rebel against.

2014 Ninja 1000

2005 ZX10

1981 GPz550

Father Joe

In 1980. 67 or so Impala 2 door 2 speed automatic. Straight into the back of the neighbors station wagon. At a time of night and under circumstances that my lawyer prefers I never put on the internet.
    I'm not completely useless. I can always be used as a bad example.

The People's rear loading pink Beach Bomb.

Kwackifoofoo

Bitches Be Krazy....
    What the HELL!!!!

Never wrecked a car
    Team Short

2010 KTM RC8r 1198
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX 1224r (Green) Rocket --- MAY 2015 BOTM
    2001 Kawasaki zrx 1200r (Black) KCR Cafe Bike--- JULY 2015 BOTM
    2003 Kawasaki ZRX 1200r (Red)
    2005 Kawasaki ZX10R Track Bike
    2000 Honda XR650R ( Plated ) Dual Sport

Sprich nicht mit mir, du verrückter Mann!

BadAss Hooligan

I feel so left out...
    I've never totaled a car and have only had 4 minor reshaping of sheet metal incidents in 42 years of driving.

Of course I've just jinxed that record

Born In The USA

Quote Originally Posted by Trigrnzrx View Post
    Never wrecked a car
    ok, but did you ever "fix up" a cool car that was in good shape to the point where a collector would not want it?

I have discovered that half of being a good rebel is knowing what to rebel against.

2014 Ninja 1000

2005 ZX10

1981 GPz550

Bitches Be Krazy....
    What the HELL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cadman View Post
    ok, but did you ever "fix up" a cool car that was in good shape to the point where a collector would not want it?
    Nope I always bought broken cars , Got them running / drove em for a few years and sold em , I only fixed up a few mini trucks and a van but those sold better fixed up .
    Team Short

2010 KTM RC8r 1198
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX 1224r (Green) Rocket --- MAY 2015 BOTM
    2001 Kawasaki zrx 1200r (Black) KCR Cafe Bike--- JULY 2015 BOTM
    2003 Kawasaki ZRX 1200r (Red)
    2005 Kawasaki ZX10R Track Bike
    2000 Honda XR650R ( Plated ) Dual Sport

Sprich nicht mit mir, du verrückter Mann!

Born In The USA

Cool. I did that for about 10 years. Buy a car that I understood well, that had an issue I thought I could fix. Fix it, drive for a year and sell at a profit and buy the next one, but I owned some cars for only days. I once bought a package van and sold it the same day. Working at the parts house was good for that.

I once bought a super clean Plymouth Satellite to sell to a guy we knew as "Mopar Dave." I felt that if he saw it, he would have to own it. I took it home and washed it and drove it in the next day. Dave came in and I handed him the keys and asked him to look at the car parked at the curb and give me his opinion. He walked back in with a look of defeat. OK, how much? He was back later that day to pick up his car.

2014 Ninja 1000

2005 ZX10

1981 GPz550

BadAss Hooligan

'89 20th Anniversary Turbo Trans AM. Too much money and too few brain cells when I was 20 years old. I'm still ashamed about this. What a great car to wreck. Just didn't appreciate, or respect it at the time...total idiot

CarlM

78 GS750 E.
    83 GS 750E.
    2005 ZRX1200R

You can't go faster when you are in plaster
    Mongo like candy

Super Moderator
    Hooligan Paramedic &
    Master Biscuit Maker

About 10 minutes after this picture was shot....

Make a fast friend. Adopt a retired racing Greyhound

www.greyhoundpets.org
    Or PM me for details

BadAss Hooligan

CB1100F- threw a rod and went down in the resulting oil (I still claim I wounded it and the wall killed it)

78 Trans AM with Built 455 after yanking the 400 hit a deer at 140 clipped a bridge abutment in the slide and went end over end destroying the car

79 Cutlass drove it off of a loading dock in the dark, would have sworn the open door to the right was the one with the drive up ramp off by just one door
    2000 ZRX 1100
    2005 FJR 1300
    2014 KTM 250XC
    2008 KTM 250XC-F
    2010 Dodge RT Challenger
    2005 Ram Quad Cab
    1996 Chevy Pickup

CarlM

You get a pass with Hondas and GM

Mongo like candy

Hogan

16 yrs old - first ever automatic transmission filter & oil replacement screwed up and ruined a 76'' Cougar - never shifted the same after that

82 corolla - I was the passenger- my buddy fell asleep and we hit a tree spun then a fire hydrant - both bumpers were more V than a bumper ..

84'' chevy W/T - T-boned a taxi - frame in front of the cab moved 3'' to the left
    .. I drove it home with it only able to make wide left turns..
    - it was like the very 1st remote control cars if ya remember those that only turned in one direction and ya had to reverse to get the correct angle of turn - that was a long ride home - that 1-2 miles LOL

there is more .. those are the ones I recall at the moment

SUPER COMMANDO

My first was a MGB , a bud and I while truant decided to see how fast it would go . First run I almost decapitated us when I semi crossed one of the main roads we were on . Unshaken we went to a undeveloped area of town where I spun a few rod bearings . My second was a TR6 I was trying to be helpful and changed the oil . I failed to remove the oring from the previous oil filter and had two orings on it . I made it two miles down the road before they blew out . Another bearing failure . Dad was a mechanic and fixed both cars . I'm sure he wasn't happy with me .
    [Wiseco 1109 kit 12:1/6 speed trans/CNC ported head/Muzzy X3 cams/Tsugiki pipe/Ladybird can/ZX11 ignition/ELS+2 ignition rotor/CVK 40 carbs/BEAR Racing Velocity Stacks/stock CVK36 springs/192 keihin mains/FP K87 TI needles/3rd clip/42 pilots/pilot screws 3 turns out/float level 14mm/K&N pod air filters/Billet Thug Fork Yokes/ZX10 front end/ZX10 wheels/1200 swing arm/Ohlins HO 417 rear shocks/Greg Couch 2 piece sprocket cover/ZX9 gauges/Speedhut GPS Gauge 180mph/ThrottleMasters ]

RIP 4/11/19

Quote Originally Posted by OLI View Post
    Only one really, I think, but not the shabbiest one unfortunately

Attachment 249591

1985 Porsche 911 turbo 3.3, aka the widowmaker. Too fast in a corner, missed the downshift, locked the front wheels (no ABS here), and straight down into a steep ditch, only to be stopped plugged between two trees that stopped me from hitting the riverbed beneath. Still hurts 20 years later.
    Oh man. You take the cake... that is a DREAM CAR... They are worth a FORTUNE these days.
    ███████ everything ████ ████ ██ is █ ██████ ██ fine ██████ █████ ███. ██████'█ ██ ████████. The ████ ███ █ government █████ ████ ██ knows ████ ████ best █ █████ ██.

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by jacohatt View Post
    Oh man. You take the cake... that is a DREAM CAR... They are worth a FORTUNE these days.
    Tell me about it. Back then they were cheap second hand sports car nobody wanted. Took better care of the next two though.

Name:  911 t.JPG
Views: 460
Size:  104.6 KB

RIP 4/11/19

Quote Originally Posted by OLI View Post
    Tell me about it. Back then they were cheap second hand sports car nobody wanted. Took better care of the next two though.

Attachment 249607
    GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    ███████ everything ████ ████ ██ is █ ██████ ██ fine ██████ █████ ███. ██████'█ ██ ████████. The ████ ███ █ government █████ ████ ██ knows ████ ████ best █ █████ ██.

RIP 4/11/19

Touch wood, but the only vehicle I've 'ruined' was a 2009 Ford Ranger 4x4.
    We were on our way back from Lesotho for an off-roading weekend when an on-coming idiot crossed the centre-line of the road.
    I managed to avoid the head-on, but got him on the side of the truck. It ripped the back axle clean off.

BadAss Hooligan

Started with a Honda Trail 55, traded an old Tiawanese electric guitar for it. Blew the motor so bad it broke a rod, bent a valve, and tore a chunk out of the
    cylinder wall. Total repair costs? $67.00 in 1967. Next up, my first superbike (in it's day) 1971 Norton Commando 750, left turning Rambler station wagon
    took it out, bent the frame backbone. Then my long suffering 1969 VW beetle, dropped a valve (still got me home), and tranny was worn out. Then, my 1966
    Alfa Romeo 16V coupe, burned to the ground on I 65 outside of Prattville AL. I then ran my 1976 Fiat 124 into a tollbooth (drunk as a skunk, paid my debt).
    After that I flipped my Mazda 323 end over end 3 times, which put paid to that (had it 1 week) vehicle. Since then, I have not destroyed any other vehicles! knock on wood!
    "Nothing is good or bad, thought makes it so"
    William Shakespeare

1970 Moto Guzzi 750 Ambassator "Way back machine"
    2001 ZRX1200R "Green Meanie"
    1999 Honda VFR Interceptor "Red menace"

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by Trigrnzrx View Post
    Never wrecked a car
    I'm like you Tragrnzrx I've never totaled a car or wore one out to the point it had to be hauled away or sold for scrap!

Been driving 54 years and never wrecked a car or truck... been in a couple of vehicles during a wrecked but nothing major. I've wrecked some dirt bikes but all fixable.

I starting working when I was 14 in a M/C dealership and I paid for all my bikes & cars... not bragging but always had nice cars, bikes and spending money. Since 16 years old I've never been without at least one M/C and a car.

1966 I turned 16 my Dad bought me a 62 Ford Galaxy 500 convertible white with red interior but I had to pay for it. I had a Honda CB160 but what Dad didn't know on weekend night I was out drag racing other peoples hopped up CB305 Super Hawks and hanging with some of the older hot rod cars. didn't do to bad with some of the newer muscle cars if the driver couldn't drive. Remember that was the days of the GTO, 442, Chevelle, and all the Dodge and Plymouth bad boy products.

I was grateful for what Dad did but I knew I wouldn't own that car very long... had it about 6 months and found a used 64 GTO with 34K miles Black with red interior... My Dad was a GM man he owned a Chev and Olds dealership for 25 years so I played on the fact it was a GM and ender up with the GOAT.

Lost more after that but that's for another day!

Sorry to be so boring

Wayne

CarlM

What motor in the 62? My bro. had a 63 406 and a 60 w/340/390

Mongo like candy

Bleeding Kawasaki since the 70's

Quote Originally Posted by kazman View Post

Something Bill posted made me think of this. I'll start:

'65 Cutlass S - winter wonderland crash
    '66 Falcon 2 door 289 swapped out to 302 - blew the transmission
    '65 Galaxie 500 2 door 289 swapped out to 302 - sprung door and jam
    '59 ford F100 survivor - the fire hydrant incident
    '69 Bronco - death by rust

Worn out or mis-understood?

SS
    For all the members we've lost - this board can only hope to help you live on in others. YTRAP, itchy butt, Gary1129, Mavwrek, Mitch#101 and all the others you are forever remembered.
    I have been to HELL. A loft with John T on one side and SS on the other That was a cataclysmic snore fest, weakening the tectonic plates Georgia rests upon!!!!
    YTRAP 2/23/05

Quote Originally Posted by youngzrxer View Post
    Perko has a good point though....

Pixel Pusher

I ruined a Mitsubishi Galant. I hit it with my Mercedes 240D. Had to replace the headlight trim.
    MRPgangCROP

BadAss Hooligan

Should we include parents cars we ruined?

Member# 787

BadAss Hooligan

1964 Chevelle SS. Bone stock, even had the original spinner hubcaps. I tossed all the trim, gutted the interior, swapped the 283/powerslide for a 327/4-speed, mag wheels. What a waste of a classic.

BadAss Hooligan

In 1971 I was a senior in high school & co-op'd so I worked the afternoons at Newton Chevrolet in Chattanooga. Whenever a hot car came in I would jump in it and circle around my school which was only two blocks away.
    A nice, almost new SS454 Monte Carlo came in for service so I went to park it.....circled the school, did some long burnouts for my buddies, got the brakes hot, blew thru a stop sign when they wouldn't work and hit a dump truck. Tore the whole front end off!

Yep, I ruined that vehicle & also my career at Newton Chevrolet.

Dan
    Turbo Division Member # 6

WHY I STAND:
    The American Flag does not fly because the wind moves past it. The American Flag flies from the last breath of each military member who has died protecting it.