+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: R6

RIP 4/11/19

Re: R6

Quote Originally Posted by Cadman View Post
    I think this was a 2007 R6s. Bought it from a client. I went to measure his house for the mods, and I see a bike under a tarp at the edge of a dirt driveway. He lives in the forest above Skyline near Alice's. I lift the tarp and see it's a Yammy with a big banana slug crawling across the tank with other critters living in it. The dirtiest bike I ever bought.
    Apparently it sat there for a year during which two plugs got coated with a conducting deposit as he said it ran good when he parked it. "Hasn't run since the baby came," he says. Changing the plugs was only after checking every way I could to see why two holes were going along for the ride. It ran great after that, good brakes, and light weight. Every time I moved it in the garage, I was amazed at how light it was.
    Knew I couldn't ride it due to my neck, but seeing the poor thing abandoned in the dirt like that.....
    Put an ad on line and sold it the first day.
    Attachment 237917
    The R6 looks great in all black!
    ███████ everything ████ ████ ██ is █ ██████ ██ fine ██████ █████ ███. ██████'█ ██ ████████. The ████ ███ █ government █████ ████ ██ knows ████ ████ best █ █████ ██.

Hooligan of the Year, 2003

Chris and I have had a blast racing an 03/04 R6 for going on 12 years. Great bikes.
    16 Yamaha R3 Endurance race bike
    16 Yamaha Super Tenere
    14 Honda Valkyrie
    81 CB900F
    80 XS1100 Midnight Special

Born In The USA

Staying above water, Kenny?
    You'll never know how fast you can go, until you go too fast.

I have discovered that half of being a good rebel is knowing what to rebel against.

2014 Ninja 1000

2005 ZX10

1981 GPz550

Been lucky the street was only flooded for a few hours Monday morning.
    16 Yamaha Super Tenere
    14 Honda Valkyrie
    81 CB900F

Two wheeled FREAK

The diaphragm in the reservoir is designed to help prevent air / oxygen and moisture from getting to the fluid... It usually seals the cover as well.

PM me for great prices on ÷hlins shocks and forks!
    ZRX-1200 - 2001 #2 - 45,500 miles and counting
    Highly opinionated and somewhat twisted, or so I've been told.

http://www.orientexpress.com + http://www.hudsonvalleymotorcycles.com - places where I used to work...

Devilsí Advocate

...imagine this...My ZRX is not much heavier than your R-6...if at all.

Come take it for a spin. Fly into Stellar Airpark, it's two miles from here.

ooooooooooooo

WARNING: ELS Products MAY CONTAIN, or be Made With, Patented Parts, Tools, Components and/or Apparati. Manufacturing Facility DOES Contain Nuts.

PayPal to: Pete@Hyper-Formance.com
    Or: www.PayPal.me/KWICK
    Pete Aronson
    315 West Elliot Road
    Suites 107-487
    Tempe, AZ 85284
    602-397-4869.

President of the ZRXOA

Quote Originally Posted by KWICK View Post
    ...imagine this...My ZRX is not much heavier than your R-6...if at all.

Come take it for a spin. Fly into Stellar Airpark, it's two miles from here.
    That is hard to imagine!

It's only a little more than a 5 hour flight one way...not too bad. Have to stop once to fill up the fuel tanks and empty the bladder in Bakersfield.

I'm definitely coming within the next year KWICK (probably winter since I don't want to melt)

Name:  KWICK.jpg
Views: 549
Size:  751.1 KB
    Arash (pronounced "our-ash")

CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

2005 Green RessuREXtion - Amateur 1224 & Six Speed Installation - Oct 2015 BOTM - Yamaha R6 - Aprilia RS250s

Devilsí Advocate

Come to the Kernville rally...

ooooooooooooo

WARNING: ELS Products MAY CONTAIN, or be Made With, Patented Parts, Tools, Components and/or Apparati. Manufacturing Facility DOES Contain Nuts.

Pete Aronson
    315 West Elliot Road
    Suites 107-487
    Tempe, AZ 85284
    602-397-4869.

President of the ZRXOA

R6

You mean actually take my ZRX on a trip?

2005 Green RessuREXtion - Amateur 1224 & Six Speed Installation - Oct 2015 BOTM - Yamaha R6 - Aprilia RS250s

President of the ZRXOA

Riding to Kearnville takes longer than flying to AZ...the plane ride would be WAY more comfortable. Have to think about this one.

President of the ZRXOA

R6

Got up early today and cleaned up all the mess. Will see if we can pinpoint the source of the leak.

President of the ZRXOA

R6

I see the top of the grommet holding the line is dry, but the lower part is wet. Could you have a leaky fork seal above that point and it is crossing to the line from the tab? I expect you checked the brake fluid level, and you said the brakes work good.
    Cadman, you nailed it. It's a blown fork seal that was allowing oil to creep down the tube and cover the brake caliper. Pretty impressed with your armchair diagnostics from the computer

Born In The USA

Gravity, it's a law we can live with. I'm glad you are on your way to a repair.

Thin oils will climb sometimes. The story I was told by the rep back at the parts house, Marvel Mystery Oil got its name by climbing out of a barrel with a rod in it, and onto the floor.

I have discovered that half of being a good rebel is knowing what to rebel against.

2014 Ninja 1000

2005 ZX10

1981 GPz550

President of the ZRXOA

R6

I've never rebuilt forks so I'll probably pull them off and send them to someone. Any local recommendations?

Devilsí Advocate

Gravity, it's a law we can live with. I'm glad you are on your way to a repair.

Thin oils will climb sometimes. The story I was told by the rep back at the parts house, Marvel Mystery Oil got its name by climbing out of a barrel with a rod in it, and onto the floor.
    Welcome to Kroil. It leaks thru the soldered seams in a gallon can

ooooooooooooo

Pete Aronson
    315 West Elliot Road
    Suites 107-487
    Tempe, AZ 85284
    602-397-4869.

President of the ZRXOA

R6

Love Kroil. That stuff works so much better than PB Blaster.

Born In The USA

Quote Originally Posted by AV80R View Post
    I've never rebuilt forks so I'll probably pull them off and send them to someone. Any local recommendations?
    No. I have always done my own, but that doesn't mean I'm any good at it. I liked the last ones I used from "All Balls Racing". They had double lips. It is possible that a particle has gotten stuck under the lip of your seal. Dirt bike guys use a thin plastic tool to wipe under the lip to clean it. Picture a .005 feeler gauge with a hook shape on it, but made out of a thin credit card. You might have some stock you could shape like that and insert it between the fork tube and seal, and move it all the way around the tube.
    As Dirty Harry would say, "Do you feel lucky, Punk?"

2014 Ninja 1000

2005 ZX10

1981 GPz550

President of the ZRXOA

No. I have always done my own, but that doesn't mean I'm any good at it. I liked the last ones I used from "All Balls Racing". They had double lips. It is possible that a particle has gotten stuck under the lip of your seal. Dirt bike guys use a thin plastic tool to wipe under the lip to clean it. Picture a .005 feeler gauge with a hook shape on it, but made out of a thin credit card. You might have some stock you could shape like that and insert it between the fork tube and seal, and move it all the way around the tube.
    As Dirty Harry would say, "Do you feel lucky, Punk?"
    I tried the "Seal Mate" last year when it was slightly seeping. I had hoped it would work, but we now know how that turned out. I think after 16 years it's time to change the fluid and seals.

Name:  logo.png
Views: 352
Size:  34.5 KB

Born In The USA

I have not done a Yammy, that I remember (maybe a dirt bike), but I borrowed a bushing driver from a friend to do the ZRX. I used an impact gun to spin the bolt off on the bottom, but there is a special tool to hold the part inside if that won't work. I bought a bushing driver from Cycle Gear to do the GPz 1100, but it is kind of universal and doesn't work as good as my friends driver.

2014 Ninja 1000

2005 ZX10

1981 GPz550

Definitely a BRUCE!

I had the R6 predecessor, a '95 YZF600, that I did a track day at Louden NH with...

Definitely the best handling bike I ever owned and its the bike I went the fastest on (Indicated 145mph)

The fastest I ever went on my ZRX was about 125mph indicated(but it got to 125 damn quick!!), but because of lack of aerodynamics, was getting buffeted a ton...
    Attached Images  
    Steve Roche
    ZRXOA 1609
    green00zrx@comcast.net

'02 Mitsubishi Galant
    '97 Honda Magna 750

President of the ZRXOA

R6

I LOVE the paint scheme on that YZF600. I had a black/white 1999 FZR600 (final year) before the R6 and cried a little when the R6 pushed all the other Yamaha 600's into the grave.

My first track day was on that FZR at Buttonwillow. By he end of the day, I managed to drag the peg, exhaust, fairing, my knee, and toe all at the same time. What a great bike. Taught me a lot.

President of the ZRXOA

R6

Picked up this NOS Yamaha GYTR yellow number plate for almost nothing! It attaches using the windscreen screws and one fastener under the upper cowling.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Monster View Post
    I had the R6 predecessor, a '95 YZF600, that I did a track day at Louden NH with...

Definitely the best handling bike I ever owned and its the bike I went the fastest on (Indicated 145mph)

The fastest I ever went on my ZRX was about 125mph indicated(but it got to 125 damn quick!!), but because of lack of aerodynamics, was getting buffeted a ton...
    Always liked the paint scheme of that year model. Also like this one, which I owned for awhile.

http://www.bike-urious.com/1994-yamaha-fzr1000/
    16 Yamaha Super Tenere
    14 Honda Valkyrie
    81 CB900F

President of the ZRXOA

R6

Very nice!

My dream was to get a R7 but I was young and broke so I was pumped to get the same paint scheme on my R6 so I could pretend I was Noriyuki Haga LOL

Looks pretty close after I powdercoated the frame black.

President of the ZRXOA

R6

Ready for battle with my buddies at Buttonwillow Raceway many years ago in this photo.

I miss those sticky Dunlop D207GP tires.

RIP 4/11/19

Quote Originally Posted by AV80R View Post
    Very nice!

My dream was to get a R7 but I was young and broke so I was pumped to get the same paint scheme on my R6 so I could pretend I was Noriyuki Haga LOL

Looks pretty close after I powdercoated the frame black.

Those R7's are fantastic, but SUPER rare! One of my all-time favorites!
    I could find only 2 for sale in the whole of Europe. One in Italy and one in Spain. Both at €35k!
    ███████ everything ████ ████ ██ is █ ██████ ██ fine ██████ █████ ███. ██████'█ ██ ████████. The ████ ███ █ government █████ ████ ██ knows ████ ████ best █ █████ ██.

The Busa Cop

Great looking RS AV80R

It no longer matters how fast I once was .

Quote Originally Posted by KWICK View Post
    Motor is in.

c10, I love Ewe

BadAss Hooligan

[QUOTE=AV80R;4583335]Very nice!

AV80R.
    An acquaintance of mine has an R7. Brand new. He was gifted the bike from Yamaha for some good performances on a 500 g.p. bike back in 2000.He beat Rossi quite a few times actually.
    Yamaha had a few sitting in the warehouse in Japan as they could not sell them,as in,no one was buying them. He had it stored in the crate while he was living in Andora and brought it back when he returned to Australia.

He offered it to me but I didn't buy it as he did not declare it as a registerable motor vehicle when he returned to Australia,so it is almost impossible to register it now.He had 12 months to do it but had no idea of that ruling.

Anyway,if you are keen,let me know.
    Last edited by Parko; 04-29-2016 at 09:54 PM.

President of the ZRXOA

R6

Parko, PM sent!!!

So the battery tender has been artificially extending the life of the battery in this bike and I figured after 5 years it was time to put in a new one for $100.

When it was left off the tender for more than 24 hours, it had some problems cranking the engine over with the starter.

BadAss Hooligan

PM replied.