+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Devilsí Advocate

Re: My 2005 ZRX1200R Project - Suggestions Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Red Rex II View Post
    Not trying to start another oil thread just my experience with oil and it all comes down to personal preference and what each of us feels comfortable with.
    The ZRX has dangerously low oil pressure at operating temperature.

Buy a $12 oil pressure test kit at HarborFreight and test it. You will be shocked when you see 2 or 3 psi at idle. It has a plain bearing motor that NEEDS oil pressure to last. This is why guys loose connecting rods out the crankcase for no reason.

ooooooooooooo

WARNING: ELS Products MAY CONTAIN, or be Made With, Patented Parts, Tools, Components and/or Apparati. Manufacturing Facility DOES Contain Nuts.

PayPal to: Pete@Hyper-Formance.com
    Or: www.PayPal.me/KWICK
    Pete Aronson
    315 West Elliot Road
    Suites 107-487
    Tempe, AZ 85284
    602-397-4869.

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by KWICK View Post
    The ZRX has dangerously low oil pressure at operating temperature.

Buy a $12 oil pressure test kit at HarborFreight and test it. You will be shocked when you see 2 or 3 psi at idle. It has a plain bearing motor that NEEDS oil pressure to last. This is why guys loose connecting rods out the crankcase for no reason.
    Agreed. Why I try to run 11-1200 rpm as idle speed instead of 7-900. Also why I run 10-40 instead of 20-50...

I see some guys running as low as it will run (7-900rpm), & I may try to advise. Most of the time it doesn't work & they don't listen...

Maybe I'm full of dung?
    "Enjoy the ride!"

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyDave View Post
    Agreed. Why I try to run 11-1200 rpm as idle speed instead of 7-900. Also why I run 10-40 instead of 20-50...

I see some guys running as low as it will run (7-900rpm), & I may try to advise. Most of the time it doesn't work & they don't listen...

Maybe I'm full of dung?
    One of my 02 1200 ZRX bikes runs better at about 1200 idle and below that not so well. I try to run mine around 1100 to 1200 on the bikes. My brother has an 02 with over 50K on it using 10W40 and still running great. I had a KTM 990 that would not start and hardly crank in cold weather around 45 F or less with heavier oil. When it is below about 60 F anymore I hardly get a bike out unless sunny and no wind. Sure would like to have Petes winter temps compared to mine.

BadAss Hooligan

We may of got off topic. The 05 sure is a nice bike and Need some Brembo brakes to make that bike even better. I could not even afford the forks but nice to see you get them. Have fun with that nice machine.

President of the ZRXOA

Or even some ZX-14 Nissins!!
    Arash (pronounced "our-ash")

CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

2005 Green RessuREXtion - Amateur 1224 & Six Speed Installation - Oct 2015 BOTM - Yamaha R6 - Aprilia RS250s