Re: ZX10/14 Stick Coil PnP Harness - Interest -

Quote Originally Posted by kehlyr View Post
    Cory

do you do the stick coil harness for a zzr1200

If you do can you tell me how much it would be including shipping to the UK

Chris
    Chris, have a look here, towards the end of the topic:

Stick Coils.

I had to unravel a bit of wiring tape, to move the OEM coil wires to the front between the two airbox intakes.

This is an excellent mod. The bike starts better, idles nicer, and seems more responsive.

Bill.
    Last edited by Bill Down Under; 03-14-2019 at 08:01 PM.
    Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement.

BadAss Hooligan

Cory, are you thinking of producing any more of these harnesses? I ran across a set of stick coils for my ZRX1200, and was looking to make it a nice neat install!
    "Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."

Douglas Adams

ZRXOA #6379

BadAss Hooligan

Cory, sent you a PM. Would like to buy another harness, Thx!
    01 GREEN, ZX9 gauges,Sonic 1.1 springs,DMR shocks,Holeshot Touring bars,MCL 1” risers,Buell pegs,Couch fork brace and rear brake torque link,JE 12.5:1 stock bore,ZZR cams,double springs,CVK40's,BEAR RACING CVK40 velocity stacks,dual foam uni-pods,Keihin 150 mains,#40’s@2.0 turns,FH 15mm, FP K87 TI needles, 3.0 clip position,plastic slides,FP ZX11 springs,Muzzy 4-2-1/Ti oval can,stock ZRX ECU/+2 Ted's rotor, NGK CR10EIX plugs,ZX14 stick coils,Ted's pod tray,4-pot calipers.

The Green Widowmaker

I'm also interested Cory.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrashoks View Post
    i gave him a stupid look and said that 'tricks are for kids' and i'd rather stunt his mom and walked out...

Formerly known as Racer5349...........a fool by any other name is still a fool.

BadAss Hooligan

Guys,

Sorry I don’t come on here much anymore. Howard says his harness is wearing out, so I am concerned. I have asked for his back to rebuild/evaluate/improve. Until I know more, I do not feel comfortable making more harnesses.

Howard,

PM sent.

Cory
    '99 ZRX (Green) #8998
    '76 KZ900
    '08 Concours 1400

Color Monitor

Wearing out? How do you wear out a coil wire harness. The only thing you ever have to do to it is possibly disconnect the connectors and even that should rarely be necessary. I don't understand.

TG
    TGHW
    ZRXOA #5590
    Welcome to Wisconsin....Come smell our Dairy air !!

Devils’ Advocate

Quote Originally Posted by TGHW View Post
    Wearing out? How do you wear out a coil wire harness. The only thing you ever have to do to it is possibly disconnect the connectors and even that should rarely be necessary. I don't understand.

TG
    Agreed.

ooooooooooooo

WARNING: ELS Products MAY CONTAIN, or be Made With, Patented Parts, Tools, Components and/or Apparati. Manufacturing Facility DOES Contain Nuts.

PayPal to: Pete@Hyper-Formance.com
    Or: www.PayPal.me/KWICK
    Pete Aronson
    315 West Elliot Road
    Suites 107-487
    Tempe, AZ 85284
    602-397-4869.

BadAss Hooligan

Edit: Sorry - please ignore - I did not notice the shipping costs. My bad.
    Last edited by Black-ZRX; 03-15-2019 at 04:17 AM.
    Godspeed Jaco. You're missed down here mate.

Member number # 10085 ----------- BOTM July 2018 ----------- Restoring the old Gipsy

BadAss Hooligan

Eitherway, if he is having a failure of his harness at 3 years use, I need to understand the failure mode to improve it. I have said in the past I warrant my work for life.

Cory
    '99 ZRX (Green) #8998
    '76 KZ900
    '08 Concours 1400

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFun View Post
    Eitherway, if he is having a failure of his harness at 3 years use, I need to understand the failure mode to improve it. I have said in the past I warrant my work for life.

Cory
    Cory,
    I already use 2 of your harnesses.. they perform great.
    Joost

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Moto G (5) Plus met Tapatalk

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by BG Wells View Post
    Cory....'if' you ever do decide to make any more of these., I would love one just like Arash's with the little green LED and to mount in the same place on the nose fairing inner panel.. ..etc

BG Wells.
    The switch does not operate the coils Brian.

ClickMeForTheFanSwitchInformation
    Godspeed Jaco. You're missed down here mate.

Member number # 10085 ----------- BOTM July 2018 ----------- Restoring the old Gipsy

President of the ZRXOA

Quote Originally Posted by BG Wells View Post
    Cory....'if' you ever do decide to make any more of these., I would love one just like Arash's with the little green LED and to mount in the same place on the nose fairing inner panel.. ..etc
    Attachment 305341

BG Wells.
    Such a great item you made for me Cory!

Can't live without it now that I've ridden with it. Very slick all tucked away in the inner cowling too.
    Arash (pronounced "our-ash")

CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

2005 Green RessuREXtion - Amateur 1224 & Six Speed Installation - Oct 2015 BOTM - Yamaha R6 - Aprilia RS250s

The Mod Father

Quote Originally Posted by Black-ZRX View Post
    The switch does not operate the coils Brian.

ClickMeForTheFanSwitchInformation
    Oops.....posted in the wrong thread...

I was wanting the manual fan switch like the one Cory made for Arash (to be mounted in the fairing inner panel..

Sorry for any confusion....

(Post now deleted...)
    "A change in behaviour begins when Jesus changes our heart "

Carina Wells (Mum)
    RIP.

April 2017 BOTM~2017 BOTY
    August 2019 BOTM..

BadAss Hooligan

I PM’d Cory I wanted to buy a new harness and posted that here. In the PM I shared that the wire coating going into two of the connectors was cracking and exposing the wire, and where the wires come out of the shrink wrap the same thing was happening on a few wires. But it has been on the bike since the first run he made, and I didn’t expect anything, thus just the request to buy a new one.

Great product, he wants to take a look at it, so that is what is going to happen.
    Last edited by BonzRexster; 03-15-2019 at 10:07 AM.
    01 GREEN, ZX9 gauges,Sonic 1.1 springs,DMR shocks,Holeshot Touring bars,MCL 1” risers,Buell pegs,Couch fork brace and rear brake torque link,JE 12.5:1 stock bore,ZZR cams,double springs,CVK40's,BEAR RACING CVK40 velocity stacks,dual foam uni-pods,Keihin 150 mains,#40’s@2.0 turns,FH 15mm, FP K87 TI needles, 3.0 clip position,plastic slides,FP ZX11 springs,Muzzy 4-2-1/Ti oval can,stock ZRX ECU/+2 Ted's rotor, NGK CR10EIX plugs,ZX14 stick coils,Ted's pod tray,4-pot calipers.

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by BonzRexster View Post
    I PM’d Cory I wanted to buy a new harness and posted that here. In the PM I shared that the wire coating going into two of the connectors was cracking and exposing the wire, and where the wires come out of the shrink wrap the same thing was happening on a few wires. But it has been on the bike since the first run he made, and I didn’t expect anything, thus just the request to buy a new one.

Great product, he wants to take a look at it, so that is what is going to happen.
    Can happen. Neatly said. I need a third pair of harness

BadAss Hooligan

Set of 4 ignition coils zx1400 replacement.
    Ebay seller caltric.

BadAss Hooligan

SUPER COMMANDO

Thanks Bonz saved me about $25 from a quick eBay search .
    [Wiseco 1109 kit 12:1/6 speed trans/CNC ported head/Muzzy X3 cams/Tsugiki pipe/Ladybird can/ZX11 ignition/ELS+2 ignition rotor/CVK 40 carbs/BEAR Racing Velocity Stacks/stock CVK36 springs/192 keihin mains/FP K87 TI needles/3rd clip/42 pilots/pilot screws 3 turns out/float level 14mm/K&N pod air filters/Billet Thug Fork Yokes/ZX10 front end/ZX10 wheels/1200 swing arm/Ohlins HO 417 rear shocks/Greg Couch 2 piece sprocket cover/ZX9 gauges/Speedhut GPS Gauge 180mph/ThrottleMasters ]

BadAss Hooligan

Good deal NPN, these are all over eBay for next to nothing...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/08-2008-KAW...8AAOSwHlRbtAIb

https://www.ebay.com/itm/08-09-KAWAS...4AAOSwp-5bnW0m

Saves weight, easy access to carbs from above, less voltage drop from coil to plug.

Satan's Donkey

I'm in for a stick coil harness for my 1100 if possible. Thanks!
    -Jake

Rape is no laughing matter.
    Unless you're raping a clown.

ZRXOA #2995

Originally posted by Ca Pete
    "A helmet may save your life, but if you are not wearing the rest of your gear, you may wish it hadn't."

BadAss Hooligan

Are you still making these or holding off based on the findings above?

BadAss Hooligan

All,

I have received the harness and though it is really hard to tell what happened, it appears to be heat damage related. This could have possibly happened from when I built it, though I use the appropriate specified components.

I have purchased wire from another vendor and are going to try some other assembly techniques to try and minimize variance during assembly that could possibly cause issues.

I don’t want to change too much as I have built and shipped HUNDREDS of harnesses all over the world and this has been my only report of one “wearing out”. So once everything gets here, will evaluate the wire and build Howard his new harness.

I will continue to build as needed for members once we get this new harness built.

Cory
    '99 ZRX (Green) #8998
    '76 KZ900
    '08 Concours 1400

President of the ZRXOA

ZX10/14 Stick Coil PnP Harness - Interest -

Thanks for continuing to make these Cory

You make nice stuff and although we could all DIY an item like this ourselves, you will do a better job than 99% of us.

2005 Green RessuREXtion - Amateur 1224 & Six Speed Installation - Oct 2015 BOTM - Yamaha R6 - Aprilia RS250s

BadAss Hooligan

Thanks for looking at the harness, and a “one in a hundreds+” situation, sounds like. Appreciate you and look forward to getting the bike back on the road.

Agree with Arash and up him .9%. You do better than 99.9% of us could... you oughta see the CBR 600 harness I put together before buying yours. Worked fine, but not easy on the eyes...

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by AV80R View Post
    Thanks for continuing to make these Cory

You make nice stuff and although we could all DIY an item like this ourselves, you will do a better job than 99% of us.
    Name:  PlusOne.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  38.9 KB
    Big Harry

"As you swim the river of life, do the breast stroke. It helps to clear the turds from your path!"
    George Carlin

BadAss Hooligan

Never read this thread because I had the stick coils setup for years(2008). I also built/sold a bunch of complete kits and harness only, back then. Actually the coil p/n info on your 1st post came from my original post on 04/2008, I'm glad it helped.
    http://www.zrxoa.org/forums/showthre...ick+coil+p%2Fn

It looks like you have made a good setup, my extra wire protection/shielding was done by using high quality 3m heat shrink tubing and high temp tape as much as possible. No issues for over 10 years on my bike.

I think one isolated failure is no indication of quality as others have mentioned.
    I also have a updated " Easy Start " relay from my original one from 2008( this one actually works), I will post info soon. You posted ideas about making one but not sure if you did ??.

Orig. owner, 99 ZRX, 61k+
    ZX11cams,pistons
    Stick coils, DIM Harness
    Cam degree 105 int.,107 exh.
    Fact. 1.0 w/Ti.,108 MJ
    Airbox w/ K+N
    Full Akro
    OEM ign. +5 Adv
    Dyno 131.7 HP/80.4 TQ.
    Ohlins RS, Race tech fork
    Fork brace+Steering damper

"TO BOLDLY GO WHERE NO MAN HAS GONE BEFORE" IS EASY, RETURNING IS THE REAL CHALLENGE.

" WHEN YOU OWN A CHINESE SCOOTER, ALL CHINESE SPARE PARTS ARE OEM QUALITY "

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by Allen#212 View Post
    Never read this thread because I had the stick coils setup for years(2008). I also built/sold a bunch of complete kits and harness only, back then. Actually the coil p/n info on your 1st post came from my original post on 04/2008, I'm glad it helped.
    http://www.zrxoa.org/forums/showthre...ick+coil+p%2Fn

It looks like you have made a good setup, my extra wire protection/shielding was done by using high quality 3m heat shrink tubing and high temp tape as much as possible. No issues for over 10 years on my bike.

I think one isolated failure is no indication of quality as others have mentioned.
    I also have a updated " Easy Start " relay from my original one from 2008( this one actually works), I will post info soon. You posted ideas about making one but not sure if you did ??.
    I could Allen, but honestly in my opinion doing that is not really a benefit as it is likely just masking an issue somewhere in the harness. I just never pulled the trigger and offered it. I will now be changing wire suppliers and using a higher rated TXL grade of wire than I was. If I do any warranty builds in future, it too will be with the upgraded wire. It is twice the cost of what I was using and has about a 100 F higher continuous rating for temp.

I do use a very high quality adhesive heat shrink to mold and protect the harness even with the 160 F rated wire. This harness out of what I offer sees the highest temps of all my harnesses due to sitting on top of the valve cover. The damage that Howard’s harness had that appeared to be heat related was very specific to where during assembly I had to heat the harness. I am changing this process to eliminate the risk even though I am upgrading the wire.

Obviously, any one that has an issue so reach out and let me know and I will make them a new harness no cost to them with the upgrades.

My harness has been good for 6 years now, so not sure how many would/will have issues.

Cory
    '99 ZRX (Green) #8998
    '76 KZ900
    '08 Concours 1400

President of the ZRXOA

Bump your price a little with this higher quality material!

The Green Widowmaker

I'll pay more....

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrashoks View Post
    i gave him a stupid look and said that 'tricks are for kids' and i'd rather stunt his mom and walked out...

Formerly known as Racer5349...........a fool by any other name is still a fool.

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by AV80R View Post
    Bump your price a little with this higher quality material!
    Yes, no pwobwem...