+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 53 FirstFirst ... 11 21 31 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 51 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1574
    Suffers from Mad Kaw disease
    On a lovely tropical island near Ft. Wayne, IN
    Haven't ridden more then a few miles lately. Last time I tried was running rough. Drained the old nasty ethanol crap and refilled with the good stuff today. Now it's right..

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

YTRAP, G and Joe.... sure gonna miss you guys...

BadAss Hooligan

Re: ZRX Confessions....

Been on vacation with 2 of my 3 my boys (11 & 13). Managed to get 450 kms of tame 2 up riding in this week. This am I am headed to work, approx 80 kms of spirited solo riding. The bike is as excited as I am.
    1999 green ZRX 1100

2009 Hooligan of the year

ZRX Confession:

I am very seriously considering running Dunlops on a ZRX for the very first time.

President of the ZRXOA

ZRX Confessions....

I hope it's their Q3...they are fantastic on the ZRX.
    Arash (pronounced "our-ash")

CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

2005 Green RessuREXtion - Amateur 1224 & Six Speed Installation - Oct 2015 BOTM - Yamaha R6 - Aprilia RS250s

Recovering Glockoholic

ZRX confession:

I almost had him......

I was running out to Kerrville with my brother to pick up a jacket he was buying from a guy out there and as we were leaving San Antonio on IH-10 a sport bike of some sort was entering the highway. The ZRX has run like crap ever since I got her and I have been dicking with the carbs trying to get it right. Found out it has an Ivan's jet kit but was set up wrong. Fixed the set up but still ran like crap. Found springs not on the carb boots, fixed that, ran like crap. I was fixing to triple dose her with Berryman B-12 in a desperate attempt to not have to pull the carbs and clean them when I noticed the emissions hole was wide open on the top center of the airbox, combined with the 11/16" hole on the bottom left of the airbox I finally had it! Plugged both holes and she runs like a screaming green demon just like she should....

Where was I? OH YEAH!!!!

The sport bike got on the highway and we locked eyes as he entered, we both knew what was about to happen. He punched it just as I dropped to forth gear and put the hammer down. We were both accelerating like rockets and moving like nobody's business. I grabbed 5th gear and rolled the throttle to the stops. We were MOVING and I have no idea how fast. I had my sights on his squid ass and I was gaining fast. We had light traffic and there was little danger and I was closing in. I was gaining on his squid ass and when I was about two car lengths behind him I lost power...... My mind raced.... What just happened? I had him..... First instant flash through my mind was I had hit the rev limiter but I knew we couldn't be going that fast because the chase had just begun. I looked at the tach and she had slowed to somewhere between 7-7.5K rpms in top gear with factory sprockets and she was still slowing down. I almost had his sorry squid ass..... Songs were going to be sung about this race and how the old dude on the vintage bike ran down the squid on his plastic toy... I almost had him.....

Changed out of the fast lane as I realized I had made the decision earlier to not fill up as I left town because I knew I had enough gas to get to Kerrville.
    I had hit reserves.... a quick flip of the petcock and I continued on my way as I slowed waiting for my brother to catch up.

I almost had him....
    Last edited by Running Rabbit; 07-01-2017 at 07:10 PM.
    Speak softly and carry a BIG stick.
    (and a .45)

Just call me Gordon

ZRX Confessions....

Blindfolded the poor girl so as not to see the treachery fixing to happen
    !
    Took the turbo for the day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NOV 2017 BOTM

President of the ZRXOA

ZRX Confessions....

Quote Originally Posted by Running Rabbit View Post
    ZRX confession:

I almost had him......

I was running out to Kerrville with my brother to pick up a jacket he was buying from a guy out there and as we were leaving San Antonio on IH-10 a sport bike of some sort was entering the highway. The ZRX has run like crap ever since I got her and I have been dicking with the carbs trying to get it right. Found out it has an Ivan's jet kit but was set up wrong. Fixed the set up but still ran like crap. Found springs not on the carb boots, fixed that, ran like crap. I was fixing to triple dose her with Berryman B-12 in a desperate attempt to not have to pull the carbs and clean them when I noticed the emissions hole was wide open on the top center of the airbox, combined with the 11/16" hole on the bottom left of the airbox I finally had it! Plugged both holes and she runs like a screaming green demon just like she should....

Where was I? OH YEAH!!!!

The sport bike got on the highway and we locked eyes as he entered, we both knew what was about to happen. He punched it just as I dropped to forth gear and put the hammer down. We were both accelerating like rockets and moving like nobody's business. I grabbed 5th gear and rolled the throttle to the stops. We were MOVING and I have no idea how fast. I had my sights on his squid ass and I was gaining fast. We had light traffic and there was little danger and I was closing in. I was gaining on his squid ass and when I was about two car lengths behind him I lost power...... My mind raced.... What just happened? I had him..... First instant flash through my mind was I had hit the rev limiter but I knew we couldn't be going that fast because the chase had just begun. I looked at the tach and she had slowed to somewhere between 7-7.5K rpms in top gear with factory sprockets and she was still slowing down. I almost had his sorry squid ass..... Songs were going to be sung about this race and how the old dude on the vintage bike ran down the squid on his plastic toy... I almost had him.....

Changed out of the fast lane as I realized I had made the decision earlier to not fill up as I left town because I knew I had enough gas to get to Kerrville.
    I had hit reserves.... a quick flip of the petcock and I continued on my way as I slowed waiting for my brother to catch up.

I almost had him....
    Bad timing!!!!

2005 Green RessuREXtion - Amateur 1224 & Six Speed Installation - Oct 2015 BOTM - Yamaha R6 - Aprilia RS250s

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by Deerslayer64d View Post
    Blindfolded the poor girl so as not to see the treachery fixing to happen
    !
    Took the turbo for the day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pretty, what is it like to drive ?

Just call me Gordon

ZRX Confessions....

Quote Originally Posted by OLI View Post
    Pretty, what is it like to drive ?
    Thanks OLI
    It's nothing like the ZRX , better in some way and worse in others , it don't Handel in corners like the Rex having 32 yr old suspension even tho it's all been rebuilt , and that skinny 150 rear tire is a trip lol , I put a 810 big bore kit in her and a billet upgraded turbo ( larger Compressor oil ) AFPR set at 41lbs, on pump gas with the boost set at 14 lbs it's a handful to hang onto & on race fuel with boost set at 18-20 lbs Velcro is recommended on your seat lol
    A couple of better pics

Last edited by Deerslayer64d; 07-02-2017 at 08:31 AM.

NOV 2017 BOTM

BadAss Hooligan

Very nice turbo, lucky man.

Oldcow

President of the ZRXOA

ZRX Confessions....

ZRX confession: My ZRX has been down for a couple weeks...now I'm 2k miles away from it and missing it badly!

Gotta fix it when I'm back and put some miles on her ASAP.

ZRX Confession:

I love the sound of a ZRX popping on decel.

Devils’ Advocate

Quote Originally Posted by zrx24 View Post
    ZRX Confession:

ooooooooooooo

WARNING: ELS Products MAY CONTAIN, or be Made With, Patented Parts, Tools, Components and/or Apparati. Manufacturing Facility DOES Contain Nuts.

PayPal to: Pete@Hyper-Formance.com
    Or: www.PayPal.me/KWICK
    Pete Aronson
    315 West Elliot Road
    Suites 107-487
    Tempe, AZ 85284
    602-397-4869.

BadAss Hooligan

ZRX Confession:

I tried to get a moving video of the decel pop on the kerker but the wind noise was too bad, and the go pro using the sena mic doesn't pic the pops up guess the noise canceling works too well.

Quote Originally Posted by KWICK View Post

And as lovely as that titanium exhaust looks and sounds, sorry KWICK the Kerker still beats it in the sound department much more raw and ornery.

2000 ZRX1100 - Mad Max black 1109 with full kerker exhaust with custom baffle, pod filters, ZX Cams, ZX11 ECU +2 advancer, and 6spd trans and CVK40's with a prototype jet kit. Ridden daily and rarely clean.
    1997 KDX 200 - Tons of blingy parts on a crap bike. Imagine a Roadkill dirtbike...

2006 XC90 V8 AWD - A bit of this, a bit of that and a whole ton of dog hair.
    1982 Porsche 928 - A serious PITA, but I can't get rid of it till it's working.

ZRX Confession:

My ZRX does not have a hesitation / stumble @ 6k ~ 7k rpm.

CRACKERMAN

ZRX Confessions....

ZRX Confession:

My ZRX does not have a hesitation / stumble @ 6k ~ 7k rpm.
    That would be really annoying

I use the Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by John T View Post
    Isaac is NOT a zrx purist.

ZRX Confession:

Even if I owned a green ZRX, I don't think I could get comfortable wearing green riding gear.

RIP 4/11/19

ZRX Confession:

Even if I owned a green ZRX, I don't think I could get comfortable wearing green riding gear.
    +1!!!!

Too much green makes me green... MC riding gear should be black.
    ███████ everything ████ ████ ██ is █ ██████ ██ fine ██████ █████ ███. ██████'█ ██ ████████. The ████ ███ █ government █████ ████ ██ knows ████ ████ best █ █████ ██.

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by jacohatt View Post
    .....MC riding gear should be black.....
    IMHO - I find that Hi Vis yellow works very well at attracting the attention of cagers. Since I began wearing Hi Vis gear, there have been far fewer incidents of cars pulling out in front of me.

Although the darker gear looks much better.
    Big Harry

"As you swim the river of life, do the breast stroke. It helps to clear the turds from your path!"
    George Carlin

Hooligan

ZRX Confession:

I'm sure it's a symptom of a lean condition with my bike (stock headers, stock jets) but I really love the big "boom" I get when I let off at high RPM WOT conditions. This is actually a video I recorded a few years back:

The initial "pop" around 1:57 is pretty loud on the bike. Sorry for the rest of the dead space in the video, didn't have a way to trim it up.

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by Watevaman View Post
    ......Sorry for the rest of the dead space in the video, didn't have a way to trim it up......
    If you are running MS Windows on your computer, you should have a program named Windows Movie Maker. It will allow you to import video and modify as needed.
    Big Harry

"As you swim the river of life, do the breast stroke. It helps to clear the turds from your path!"
    George Carlin

BadAss Hooligan

ZRX confession:
    Why did I wait so long before upgrading to new exhaust and jet kit?... I don't want to work. I need to be riding the "new" old beast... it puuuulls!!!!
    Member # 10024 - 99 ZRX1100
    Les Coqs Sauvages - We travel not to escape life but for life not to escape us...
    "A little extra is never enough…too much is just right..." - KWICK

BadAss Hooligan

ZRX Confession:
    If not mounted I will only start my engine if I am standing on the left side of the bike.
    ZRXOA #9761

Recovering Glockoholic

ZRX Confession:

I'm still so thrilled with the power of the bike with a jet kit and slip on I don't want to put my full Muzzy system on yet. That way in 6 to 12 months after I've gotten used to how powerful she is THEN I can take it up a notch and be thrilled again.
    (and a .45)

Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by Big Harry View Post
    IMHO - I find that Hi Vis yellow works very well at attracting the attention of cagers. Since I began wearing Hi Vis gear, there have been far fewer incidents of cars pulling out in front of me.

Although the darker gear looks much better.
    Confession: I thought I was the only one. I love my Hi Viz jacket.

Additional Confession: Said jacket is a Triumph jacket (thankfully not covered with large logos) - they have great stuff if a little pricey. Couldn't resist for nearly half off (the fashionista probably didn't care for the Hi-Viz).
    -Robert
    ZRXOA #9998

The correct amount of motorcycles to own is always N+1, N being the number you currently have.

Recovering Glockoholic

ZRX Confession---

Sometimes I go weeks without even starting my ZRX...
    (and a .45)

ZRX Confession:

I dig the look of the stock seat, yet I don't own one nor would I use it if I had it.

BadAss Hooligan

ZRX Confession:

Put a ladybird and 4 degree on one and run up the rpm's and let off and at least mine sounds really nice. No pop just a good sound of power.

Just call me Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by Red Rex II View Post
    Put a ladybird and 4 degree on one and run up the rpm's and let off and at least mine sounds really nice. No pop just a good sound of power.
    Chris has one of the best sounding Rex's I've heard ( with ladybird)

NOV 2017 BOTM

Recovering Glockoholic

Quote Originally Posted by Deerslayer64d View Post
    Chris has one of the best sounding Rex's I've heard ( with ladybird)
    WHAT?!?! I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF CHRIS' EXHAUST!!!!
    (and a .45)