+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Hooligan

Re: Greg Couch and Scott Stites Please Report To The Princple's Office......

I talked to both Scott and Greg about just this thing. As it stands, Greg isn't currently looking to made this modification to his 2pc sprocket cover. When I last talked to Scott, he said that he's absolutely willing to help fill this need so long as Greg doesn't mind (check) and that we start gauging the interest. This thread should support the need, but I'll try to take time this week to create a group interest/buy thread to make sure it's worth Scotts time to create the tool path and everything.

I've got one of Greg's 2pc covers on my 1200 now, but would prefer not to remove it and install my old one if I don't have to. If anyone (Steve?) has the cover or is looking to buy the cover soon and let Scott have a look at it for prototyping, just let me know and I'll help coordinate it. If push comes to shove though, I'll remove mine.

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by fahrenheitfarmer View Post
    I talked to both Scott and Greg about just this thing. As it stands, Greg isn't currently looking to made this modification to his 2pc sprocket cover. When I last talked to Scott, he said that he's absolutely willing to help fill this need so long as Greg doesn't mind (check) and that we start gauging the interest. This thread should support the need, but I'll try to take time this week to create a group interest/buy thread to make sure it's worth Scotts time to create the tool path and everything.

I've got one of Greg's 2pc covers on my 1200 now, but would prefer not to remove it and install my old one if I don't have to. If anyone (Steve?) has the cover or is looking to buy the cover soon and let Scott have a look at it for prototyping, just let me know and I'll help coordinate it. If push comes to shove though, I'll remove mine.
    So you asked Greg if he minded if Scott made an add-on part and he gave you the ok? I would think Scott would want to hear it straight from Greg, but that's promising!

This is really a fantastic idea.

I Make Stuff for Me

Thanks buddy I appreciate many things you are doing as to not complicate this on my end.

Quote Originally Posted by asfastas63 View Post
    So you asked Greg if he minded if Scott made an add-on part and he gave you the ok? I would think Scott would want to hear it straight from Greg, but that's promising!

This is really a fantastic idea.

I trust that someone on this board such as Mr. Farenheit says they spoke to someone then they did.

Hooligan

Exactly. With my ZX10R wheels and forks, I wasn't really digging the GPS speed retrofit. I've got Greg doing some custom work with Scotts ZX14 triples, so why not the other way around?

Straight from Greg:
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Couch
    Devin,
    I do not mind these as an add on.
    It just was not anything I wanted to pursue myself.

Greg

Two wheeled FREAK

Happy to send my K-Factory kit to Scott or Greg... Just let me know where and when etc.

PM me for great prices on ÷hlins shocks and forks!
    ZRX-1200 - 2001 #2 - 45,500 miles and counting
    Highly opinionated and somewhat twisted, or so I've been told.

http://www.orientexpress.com + http://www.hudsonvalleymotorcycles.com - places where I used to work...

Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by Steve516 View Post
    Happy to send my K-Factory kit to Scott or Greg... Just let me know where and when etc.
    Let's hold off on sending the K-Factory one for now. I know that it has the speedo mechanism on it, but we're looking to redesign rather than replicate. I'll get one of Greg's 2pc covers out to Scott to look at ASAP and he'll likely let me know if there are other parts needed.

Thanks for the help guys!

BadAss Hooligan

Greg Couch and Scott Stites Please Report To The Princple's Office......

Let's hold off on sending the K-Factory one for now. I know that it has the speedo mechanism on it, but we're looking to redesign rather than replicate. I'll get one of Greg's 2pc covers out to Scott to look at ASAP and he'll likely let me know if there are other parts needed.

Thanks for the help guys!
    Scott will need the Greg one for obvious reasons and then the kfactory one for where to put the speedo drive holes, he just needs the hole positions, easiest way to get them is having it in hand.

Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by asfastas63 View Post
    Scott will need the Greg one for obvious reasons and then the kfactory one for where to put the speedo drive holes, he just needs the hole positions, easiest way to get them is having it in hand.
    Briefly ran this by Scott earlier. We'll likely need both, but I want to get the 2pc cover in his hands first before getting too deep here. The goal is to make an addition to Greg's cover that will add the speedo drive functionality, but if there is something that prevents that with the current design, we'll likely scrap the idea. I don't want to have anyone send things out to Nevada if we discover it's all for not.

Ordering one from Greg this week.

I Make Stuff for Me

Hey guys I got the Couch kit from farmer last week. I am having trouble getting the ZRX I thought I was going to have access to.

I have made several calls over the last few months in anticipation of a few projects for your guys, with no luck. I will continue to try in hope we can get this project rolling.

Devilsí Advocate

Quote Originally Posted by Stites View Post
    Hey guys I got the Couch kit from farmer last week. I am having trouble getting the ZRX I thought I was going to have access to.

I have made several calls over the last few months in anticipation of a few projects for your guys, with no luck. I will continue to try in hope we can get this project rolling.
    ...did you not own a "ZRX test fit" bike?

ooooooooooooo

WARNING: ELS Products MAY CONTAIN, or be Made With, Patented Parts, Tools, Components and/or Apparati. Manufacturing Facility DOES Contain Nuts.

PayPal to: Pete@Hyper-Formance.com
    Or: www.PayPal.me/KWICK
    Pete Aronson
    315 West Elliot Road
    Suites 107-487
    Tempe, AZ 85284
    602-397-4869.

I Make Stuff for Me

Quote Originally Posted by KWICK View Post
    ...did you not own a "ZRX test fit" bike?
    I owned a couple of them, but sold them to buy a few pieces of equipment.