+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Hooligan Express

Re: So where to begin..............?

I am a LVAD, left ventricle assist device. I had my chest cracked and a pump put in back in 2015. It will be 4 yrs this April. I am lucky to be alive. Yes, we are on borrowed time. This LVAD is to bridge me to a heart if one ever becomes available. I was called a yr ago for a transplant but the anesthesiologist perforated my left brachial artery during the set up. I lost the heart because they said they couldn't keep me out for 12 hours, do a heart transplant then take my left arm due to problems with circulation. All in all if I didn't say anything about a pressure in my left arm I would not be here typing this. Everyday is a gift. When someone has a problem or trying time I just remind them that I wish I had what they already do. I know you understand. Prayers and positive thoughts to you. Maybe we will get to ride together sometime...……..either here or there...……smile. Take care, Matty
    "By The Boston Rexer....Anyone who can pick me up and toss me into a horse pasture with one hand is definitely going to be my bouncer.
    As we age our wisdom grows in ways our youth would have never understood.

"OK... money to KOTF. LOL. Anxious to see you there.
    Just don't touch me"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3pPL...eature=related

2001 GREEN ZRX 1200 DRAG BIKE
    Hooligan #6583
    The Hooligan Express !!
    MOUNTAIN TOP PA

BadAss Hooligan

Mattie, haven't been on here for awhile. I will keep you in my prayers for the good lord to give you the strength to stay with us. I still think about the good times watching for your drag racing reports. I do think about the ZRXOA and all the good threads with the old group Jim, Rob, Pete and your buddy Boston Rexer. What a crew. I have kinda moved on from my ZRX's and just laid my FJ09 down in Aug. They totaled it for cosmetic damage. Took the money and bought a new 2018 DL650A Suzuki V-strom. I have carried on the ZRX tradition of maxing it out. Givi side cases and top case, OEM crash bars, hand guards , center stand and heated grips. Put a RavTech skid plate, radiator screen and accessory bar on it, Ravtech is a company in Australia. They really do good work as everything I ordered fit perfectly. Reminds me of Pete's stuff he made for the ZRX. I'm officially retired but still working at the job I've had since 1995. I'm on a part time schedule and work about 25 to 32 hours a week. I've put 4600 mi.s on it since I picked it up 8-22-18. I try to do 100-200 mi.s on the weekends to get in shape. Getting the Vstrom ready for my first bucket list item. Going to ride it to Alaska, figure on a 2 month round trip. Going to leave in June and take a 8 hr. trip on a cargo ship to Juneau, AK and try to get to Dalton on the same road the Ice Road Trucker do. Figure I only have about 10 yr.s left to be in good enough shape enough to do some traveling and this one is the big one. I want to ride to Mexico, visit Australia and go to Europe. Maybe I'll got to Amsterdam like my kids and get a legal buzz.

Mattie it is really good to hear your still with us. I'm 67 now and I'm so lucky to have my health. I know that at our age it seems like the people we know that have touch our lives are dropping like fly's. God bless you Mattie, hang in there buddy.

Type @ U Later
    Steve Alias ZRXwildman now Wee3wildman (they call the 650 vstrom the wee strom and mine is the third generation)
    Last edited by ZRXwildman; 01-11-2019 at 05:05 AM. Reason: left something FN out
    wildman

Radical Rocker

Mr Matt, my first rally I’ll never forget ur kindness and open arms for a new be. A/c accommodations, to showing me the ropes. Glad u had a ten day inspection lol when my excitement over came the brain and got us all pulled over. You at 6’6 probably help with the Leo that day.
    Your kindness never stopped for me or anyone @ you! I could go on and on as everyone has, but will wish you the best.. you desire it my friend. If good karma could b measured your pot is overflowing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lead, follow or get out of the way...
    2004 Silver Rex OA#8747

President of the ZRXOA

Good vibes and prayers sent!!!
    Arash (pronounced "our-ash")

CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

2005 Green RessuREXtion - Amateur 1224 & Six Speed Installation - Oct 2015 BOTM - Yamaha R6 - Aprilia RS250s

Super REXer

Matt so glad to see you posting here. That business card you gave me at the 1st ever KOTF will always be in my wallet. I had lunch with Bob05 this past summer and it made me recall the breakfast the three of us shared at that inaugural KOTF. Keep your chin up old friend your resolve is inspiring.
    Super Dave 436

Hooligan Express

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dave 436 View Post
    Matt so glad to see you posting here. That business card you gave me at the 1st ever KOTF will always be in my wallet. I had lunch with Bob05 this past summer and it made me recall the breakfast the three of us shared at that inaugural KOTF. Keep your chin up old friend your resolve is inspiring.
    Love you breakfast brother ! Yes, good times...…..without ever knowing it when it happens...…….Take care, thinking of you more often then you know. Matty
    "By The Boston Rexer....Anyone who can pick me up and toss me into a horse pasture with one hand is definitely going to be my bouncer.

Just don't touch me"

Hooligan #6583
    The Hooligan Express !!
    MOUNTAIN TOP PA

Hooligan Express

Great to hear from you and I appreciate the kind words...…….you are a great man also. Unique and positive. You "get it". Thank you for your kindness and your patients when I got us both pulled over within the first ten minutes of meeting. It was all good though. Take care, and keep riding and smiling...…..that is what I remember of you. Matty

Just don't touch me"

Hooligan #6583
    The Hooligan Express !!
    MOUNTAIN TOP PA

Hooligan Express

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dave 436 View Post

Afternoon...…….
    Great to hear from you and yes, I'm still hanging in there. I am on batteries now for the rest of my life how ever long that might be. I appreciate your posts and thank you for your kindness. I am doing what I can when I can. Good days and bad.
    Its people like you that make me understand I am not the only one here facing challenges. I am sorry to hear about your accident but glad that you are still riding. I always liked the Vstroms and fantasied about crossing country on one someday. Maybe in the next life. Maybe Ill be riding with you someday without you even knowing I'm there. Hell, anything is possible right?

Take care and know that your words, thoughts and prayers are much appreciated. For now until next time, Matty

Just don't touch me"

Hooligan #6583
    The Hooligan Express !!
    MOUNTAIN TOP PA

Hooligan Express

Quote Originally Posted by ZRXwildman View Post
    Mattie, haven't been on here for awhile. I will keep you in my prayers for the good lord to give you the strength to stay with us. I still think about the good times watching for your drag racing reports. I do think about the ZRXOA and all the good threads with the old group Jim, Rob, Pete and your buddy Boston Rexer. What a crew. I have kinda moved on from my ZRX's and just laid my FJ09 down in Aug. They totaled it for cosmetic damage. Took the money and bought a new 2018 DL650A Suzuki V-strom. I have carried on the ZRX tradition of maxing it out. Givi side cases and top case, OEM crash bars, hand guards , center stand and heated grips. Put a RavTech skid plate, radiator screen and accessory bar on it, Ravtech is a company in Australia. They really do good work as everything I ordered fit perfectly. Reminds me of Pete's stuff he made for the ZRX. I'm officially retired but still working at the job I've had since 1995. I'm on a part time schedule and work about 25 to 32 hours a week. I've put 4600 mi.s on it since I picked it up 8-22-18. I try to do 100-200 mi.s on the weekends to get in shape. Getting the Vstrom ready for my first bucket list item. Going to ride it to Alaska, figure on a 2 month round trip. Going to leave in June and take a 8 hr. trip on a cargo ship to Juneau, AK and try to get to Dalton on the same road the Ice Road Trucker do. Figure I only have about 10 yr.s left to be in good enough shape enough to do some traveling and this one is the big one. I want to ride to Mexico, visit Australia and go to Europe. Maybe I'll got to Amsterdam like my kids and get a legal buzz.

Mattie it is really good to hear your still with us. I'm 67 now and I'm so lucky to have my health. I know that at our age it seems like the people we know that have touch our lives are dropping like fly's. God bless you Mattie, hang in there buddy.

Type @ U Later
    Steve Alias ZRXwildman now Wee3wildman (they call the 650 vstrom the wee strom and mine is the third generation)
    Afternoon...…….
    Great to hear from you and yes, I'm still hanging in there. I am on batteries now for the rest of my life how ever long that might be. I appreciate your posts and thank you for your kindness. I am doing what I can when I can. Good days and bad.
    Its people like you that make me understand I am not the only one here facing challenges. I am sorry to hear about your accident but glad that you are still riding. I always liked the Vstroms and fantasied about crossing country on one someday. Maybe in the next life. Maybe Ill be riding with you someday without you even knowing I'm there. Hell, anything is possible right?

Take care and know that your words, thoughts and prayers are much appreciated. For now until next time, Matty

Just don't touch me"

Hooligan #6583
    The Hooligan Express !!
    MOUNTAIN TOP PA

Hooligan Express

Quote Originally Posted by AV80R View Post
    Good vibes and prayers sent!!!
    AV80R,

Keep on banging my drum like the Energizer bunny ! Thank you, take care, Matty
    Last edited by MrMatt; 01-15-2019 at 02:48 PM.

Just don't touch me"

Hooligan #6583
    The Hooligan Express !!
    MOUNTAIN TOP PA

Hooligan Express

Radical...…...

Great to hear from you and I appreciate the kind words...…….you are a great man also. Unique and positive. You "get it". Thank you for your kindness and your patients when I got us both pulled over within the first ten minutes of meeting. It was all good though. Take care, and keep riding and smiling...…..that is what I remember of you. Matty

Just don't touch me"

Hooligan #6583
    The Hooligan Express !!
    MOUNTAIN TOP PA

I'm Canadian!

Keep on kicking Matty.

So nice to hear from you.

Pops
    Size matters, good thing I drive a huge bus.

Hooligan Express

Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    Keep on kicking Matty.

So nice to hear from you.

Pops

Miss and love ya brother...…….still moving if the batteries are charged and showing green !

No pulse ………..no problem. Matty

Just don't touch me"

Hooligan #6583
    The Hooligan Express !!
    MOUNTAIN TOP PA

Hooligan Express

Hi, Im still alive...……waiting on a heart. Just wanted to say hello. Smiles...…..MM

Just don't touch me"

Hooligan #6583
    The Hooligan Express !!
    MOUNTAIN TOP PA

BadAss Hooligan

Just read your story here. Hang in there Matt - when the going gets tough ... ah you know how that goes.

Best wishes sent from over the pond.
    Godspeed Jaco. You're missed down here mate.

Member number # 10085 ----------- BOTM July 2018 ----------- Restoring the old Gipsy

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatt View Post
    Hi, Im still alive...……waiting on a heart. Just wanted to say hello. Smiles...…..MM
    Wish you the best of health and luck man

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Moto G (5) Plus met Tapatalk

BadAss Hooligan

Hey Matt, ZRXwildman Steve, up late returning a Saddlemen tail case I got the won't fit my DL650AB Suzuki. I've just about have her ready for my bucket list ride to Alaska this June. I ordered what they call a roll bag that will fit.

Mattie I still occasionally think of the old ZRX and you guys. I sure hope the good Lord God can find the gentle giant a new ticker. Hang in there Matt. Your in my prayers.

Steve Combs X Zrxwildman now Wee3strom Wildman.
    wildman

Hooligan Express

Thank you for the consideration...…….I am working on getting a zrx for my son right now. He told me it was one of his dream bikes. I am trying to get one I found in NH to PA. I cant move fast but pace myself. Might be a road trip in the near future. Keep in touch and let me know about your trip. I would like to ride along in your letters. Take care, Matty

P.S. yes...…….I remember the old days when it was a lot more fun and less dramatic. Looking to make new friends everyday. I don't care what anyone rides, just as long as they ride.

Just don't touch me"

Hooligan #6583
    The Hooligan Express !!
    MOUNTAIN TOP PA

BadAss Hooligan

If you need it picked up in NH and stored I can free up space in the garage
    ZRX 1200R 7/2003 -5/15/2015 (sold to a good home)

ZZR1200 April 2009 -September 2014 (dealer trade in)

2017 Concours 14 ( June 2018 -current)
    HD 2013 FLHTK Stage 4 ( Sept 2014-Current)
    HD 2003 FLHTCI cammed. closed loop FI, upgraded suspension ( Sept 2005 - current)

Hooligan Express

Quote Originally Posted by Neggy View Post
    If you need it picked up in NH and stored I can free up space in the garage
    Thank you Neggy for the consideration and the phone call. I appreciate your kindness...…..

Just don't touch me"

Hooligan #6583
    The Hooligan Express !!
    MOUNTAIN TOP PA