+ Reply to Thread
    Hooligan

Cops are everywhere

I live in Morganton NC. Yesterday, I took an extra long way to home, about 40min ride. I saw the total 6 cop cars and 2 of which busted motorcycles.
    Seems like they are all out to setup some early examples for this riding season... Hows the other places?
    Commuting on 76 to Philadelphia

Hooligan

Re: Cops are everywhere

Never been pulled over while on a motorcycle, now in my 2009 Pontiac G8GT......that's another story
    -99 ZRX1100 Mods:Jims_rex shifter upgrade, Kerker system/Race baffle, Greg Couch fork brace, Front forks:Racetech 1.1kgm/10W oil. Rear: Bitubo shocks.
    Kwick parts: 4+ Advancer, Tensioner tamer, No-flo's, petcock o-ring.
    I run on Pirelli's and Tuffoil.
    ZRXOA Member#9679
    Haosen Hawk 250 Dual sport (aka Chawasaki)

BadAss Hooligan

Depends. Yesterday saw a bunch out up in Pflugerville near the highschool. Here in Austin, they maintain a presence mainly on I 35. But you never know where they are gonna post up and lurk -

Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by Silvereagle View Post
    Never been pulled over while on a motorcycle, now in my 2009 Pontiac G8GT......that's another story
    just wait for it, its coming. Now G8GT, thats a nice car..... would love to do some drifting with that

Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by mbleft View Post
    Depends. Yesterday saw a bunch out up in Pflugerville near the highschool. Here in Austin, they maintain a presence mainly on I 35. But you never know where they are gonna post up and lurk -
    You got that right. I did not see any of them on I-40 but local officers were out everywhere... Im gonna be on my best behavior for the next several days.

Bitches Be Krazy....
    What the HELL!!!!

They are having the yearly Laughlin Nv Harley fun run this weekend so patrols have doubled around here

Team Short

2010 KTM RC8r 1198
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX 1224r (Green) Rocket --- MAY 2015 BOTM
    2001 Kawasaki zrx 1200r (Black) KCR Cafe Bike--- JULY 2015 BOTM
    2003 Kawasaki ZRX 1200r (Red)
    2005 Kawasaki ZX10R Track Bike
    2000 Honda XR650R ( Plated ) Dual Sport

Sprich nicht mit mir, du verrückter Mann!

BadAss Hooligan

Trig, that picture brings back memories of the $2 Blackjack tables they used to have in Laughlin. Playing those tables at 18 years old all night with a group of buddies, drinking on the house and thinking I'm getting over on the world...and then taking off to water ski the glassy water on Mojave at 6 am....some great times! Oh yeah, and can't forget the 4 am steak and eggs off the flattop at The Regency diner. Man, plenty of good stories out there.

I rolled through town a few years ago on a road trip and it really hasn't changed a ton...well, except those table minimums.

BadAss Hooligan

I had three IHP cars pass me yesterday doing 100+. Three miles down the road there were four cops setting at an exit jabber jawing Maybe the fourth one had the donuts and coffee???

Ken
    ZRXOA 7793
    Just because you can, doesn't mean you should

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by Silvereagle View Post

Never pulled over on a bike because you never see them in the rearview again ?

BadAss Hooligan

I gotta be honest...now that I've got the Zed...not sure what I'd do if Johnny Law tried to pull me over. Opening up would be soooooo tempting.

Any good stories of succumbing to such temptation???

Hooligan

Got a ticket on Monday in remotest SW New Mexico on two-lane Hwy 80, west of Lordsburg. My speedo showed 75. I count on it being 10% optimistic, so I figure I was going 68mph, not fast enough to get a citation in a 65 zone. I took my helmet off so the nice young officer could see my gray hair. He told me his radar gun said I was going an actual 75mph, stock tire sizes, still hard for me to believe. I paid the ticket 'cause it's a 900 mile ride to appear for court. Only $72 but pi--ed me off anyway.

BadAss Hooligan

I think speedo's vary from bike to bike. Some are spot on and others are off a little.

I checked mine recently with my GPS and it was 4 mph high at 60 and 90 mph.

Hogan

Quote Originally Posted by pezzalini View Post
    I gotta be honest...now that I've got the Zed...not sure what I'd do if Johnny Law tried to pull me over. Opening up would be soooooo tempting.

Any good stories of succumbing to such temptation???
    many - just as there are many leo's on the site too

Hogan

Quote Originally Posted by Jamon5 View Post
    I live in Morganton NC. Yesterday, I took an extra long way to home, about 40min ride. I saw the total 6 cop cars and 2 of which busted motorcycles.
    Seems like they are all out to setup some early examples for this riding season... Hows the other places?
    I almost feel bad for cops - the good ones that are fair minded and see themselves as positive citizens I like - those guys would be in a field that is beneficial to the community even if not cops or good to clients in the public sector

as a civil servant - I will tell ya a certain % took the test for the job - and then got ttrained to do it and don;t care if they are dispatched to a road block to check reggy's and inspection stickers , smells of weed - the kind of road block that was not legal until 1974? when SCOTUS said it was allowable for leo's to slow traffic to scan for immigrants / racial profiling

now that law - give an inch take a mile - that law is miles away from the original judgment imo

in CNY we have speed week - when they look for speeders
    - child safety seat week - even bikes get sowed down during that week - must be for more than safety seats eh?
    reckless driving weeek .... etc...

I wish there would be truth in advertising - Dear NY tax payer - the police and Troopers have been asigned to generate 1/2 the budget via fines at roadblocks during commuter hours as the only people left in CNY are on public assistance due to no jobs and poor economy and probably don;t drve much outside the city in their hoopty mobile or work for a living and can pay the fines and live w/ins points or hire a lawyer

I love the cruise control - set it and forget it @ the speed limit

on the bikes - funny - I have sped past cops on the HD - nothing

on the ZRX -- well maybe the matching gear makes me look squidish - one Sheriff deputy said - sorry I thought you were a kid - when I pulled my helmet off

I applaud the good ones and fear the bad - but ya never know which is which until the exchange begins & that I can do without

---------------------------------------

OP original Q - ans - I used to commute 24 miles for the new job - I went through 3 villages - ea. had a cop parked and waiting most nights and there was also a NYS trooper home base in one village so he was out every night as was my local town cop most nights on the 2-3 mile stretch of highway I would take

I switched to a position closer to me - 2.8 miles approximately ha! - I can pass the state police, the county sheriff and town cop all in 2.5 miles all looking for license plate readers to alert them of something or people going over posted speed limit - I don;t think the 5 mph grace is there any longer either

-I was puled over entering a 30 mph zone slowing,but crossing the 30 mph sign line - at 34 mph I was 37 when he got me saw me slowing,but was 4 mph over when I crossed the sign - moments later I was 29-31 and the lights were rolling behind me and I thought wtf ? oh well - $200 + cost of on line driver safety to avoid points
    Last edited by Hogan; 04-24-2015 at 12:24 PM.

Super Moderator
    Hooligan Paramedic &
    Master Biscuit Maker

My situation is tricky. If I am speeding 15-20 over, I get a warning because cops don't like writing tickets to Medics that may have to save their life, (like I would let someone die because they were doing their job ). Over 20 over and I get a pretty good ass chewing depending on the officer, (if I know they guy, they just shake their head and send me on my way)

Here's the kicker. If I get nailed doing something stupid like triple digits or a second or third gear wheelie, I am likely going to get dragged into my Chief's office over it and could lose my job. They aren't too keen on a reckless driver in their ambulances. Run and pick up a felony, and I lose my license to practice along with making it really hard to get a job doing anything else. Nothing and I mean, NOTHING is worth taking that risk. Did I do it when I was a teenager? Hell yeah, but things were different then and I was young, dumb, and full of cum...

Running can buy you a murder charge if someone gets in a wreck trying to avoid the patrol car, (death while committing a felony). That will put you away for life. No way, Jose
    Make a fast friend. Adopt a retired racing Greyhound

www.greyhoundpets.org
    Or PM me for details

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by Tacmedic View Post
    My situation is tricky. If I am speeding 15-20 over, I get a warning because cops don't like writing tickets to Medics that may have to save their life, (like I would let someone die because they were doing their job ). Over 20 over and I get a pretty good ass chewing depending on the officer, (if I know they guy, they just shake their head and send me on my way)

Here's the kicker. If I get nailed doing something stupid like triple digits or a second or third gear wheelie, I am likely going to get dragged into my Chief's office over it and could lose my job. They aren't too keen on a reckless driver in their ambulances. Run and pick up a felony, and I lose my license to practice along with making it really hard to get a job doing anything else. Nothing and I mean, NOTHING is worth taking that risk. Did I do it when I was a teenager? Hell yeah, but things were different then and I was young, dumb, and full of cum...

Running can buy you a murder charge if someone gets in a wreck trying to avoid the patrol car, (death while committing a felony). That will put you away for life. No way, Jose
    completely understandable. = That's what TRACKDAY's are for. Haul azz all day long until your plain tuckered out. Load up the bike & meander your way home -nice & easy...

Out here March/April/May the cops take on the "spring crowds" on the twisties. (I had a cop tell me this while writing me a ticket.) The thinking being if they write a few nasty tickets now, word will get around, & there will be less nasty/bad wrecks & people to have to put in a body bags.

It's one of the reasons I don't ride much around town. It's THRU town to get to the twisties. I spend minimum time in town on the local byways. Just long enough to get to the lesser traveled mountains/twisties. Less chance of getting nerfed by a moron cager, or getting a ticket.

The more out & away from town, your odds are much better IMHO.

-dd
    "Enjoy the ride!"

Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by Hogan View Post
    I almost feel bad for cops - the good ones that are fair minded and see themselves as positive citizens I like - those guys would be in a field that is beneficial to the community even if not cops or good to clients in the public sector

as a civil servant - I will tell ya a certain % took the test for the job - and then got ttrained to do it and don;t care if they are dispatched to a road block to check reggy's and inspection stickers , smells of weed - the kind of road block that was not legal until 1974? when SCOTUS said it was allowable for leo's to slow traffic to scan for immigrants / racial profiling

now that law - give an inch take a mile - that law is miles away from the original judgment imo

in CNY we have speed week - when they look for speeders
    - child safety seat week - even bikes get sowed down during that week - must be for more than safety seats eh?
    reckless driving weeek .... etc...

I wish there would be truth in advertising - Dear NY tax payer - the police and Troopers have been asigned to generate 1/2 the budget via fines at roadblocks during commuter hours as the only people left in CNY are on public assistance due to no jobs and poor economy and probably don;t drve much outside the city in their hoopty mobile or work for a living and can pay the fines and live w/ins points or hire a lawyer

I love the cruise control - set it and forget it @ the speed limit

on the bikes - funny - I have sped past cops on the HD - nothing

on the ZRX -- well maybe the matching gear makes me look squidish - one Sheriff deputy said - sorry I thought you were a kid - when I pulled my helmet off

I applaud the good ones and fear the bad - but ya never know which is which until the exchange begins & that I can do without

---------------------------------------

OP original Q - ans - I used to commute 24 miles for the new job - I went through 3 villages - ea. had a cop parked and waiting most nights and there was also a NYS trooper home base in one village so he was out every night as was my local town cop most nights on the 2-3 mile stretch of highway I would take

I switched to a position closer to me - 2.8 miles approximately ha! - I can pass the state police, the county sheriff and town cop all in 2.5 miles all looking for license plate readers to alert them of something or people going over posted speed limit - I don;t think the 5 mph grace is there any longer either

-I was puled over entering a 30 mph zone slowing,but crossing the 30 mph sign line - at 34 mph I was 37 when he got me saw me slowing,but was 4 mph over when I crossed the sign - moments later I was 29-31 and the lights were rolling behind me and I thought wtf ? oh well - $200 + cost of on line driver safety to avoid points
    The last time I got pulled over on BRP, the officer was super nice. I tried to be respectable toward him as much as possible. They are out there risking their life everyday, and I have a huge respect for that. BUT, getting a ticket still sucks big time.... haha

BadAss Hooligan

I got pulled over on the BRP a few years back by a female ranger. I had seen her ahead of me at a rest stop so was doing the speed limit. I was on my ELR with my race leathers. She followed me for a while and finally turned on the lights. She was nice and said I was doing 51 in a 45 zone. I argued with her saying I knew she was behind me. Finally, she said " I have a Ninja". Said she would like to ride with me sometime. I had to tell her I was married and lived in Alabama. Oh well, missed opportunities. But, no ticket.

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by bomose View Post
    I got pulled over on the BRP a few years back by a female ranger. I had seen her ahead of me at a rest stop so was doing the speed limit. I was on my ELR with my race leathers. She followed me for a while and finally turned on the lights. She was nice and said I was doing 51 in a 45 zone. I argued with her saying I knew she was behind me. Finally, she said " I have a Ninja". Said she would like to ride with me sometime. I had to tell her I was married and lived in Alabama. Oh well, missed opportunities. But, no ticket.
    Race leathers Nice,
    chick magnet