+ Reply to Thread
    BadAss Hooligan
    brooklyn, new york. and far from my yooper homeland

Chainguard with 190

What are you guys with zx10 wheels and 190 rears doing with your chain guards. I have one of the Ted (I think) aluminum chain guards and I'm not surprised that it won't fit with this tire. Thinking about just using some spacers to move it out a bit and cut a bit away form the top if there is some spring clearance issues. Just curious what anyone else is doing......

Thanks
    you're only young once, but you have a whole lifetime to be immature!!!

Devilsí Advocate

Re: Chainguard with 190

ooooooooooooo

WARNING: ELS Products MAY CONTAIN, or be Made With, Patented Parts, Tools, Components and/or Apparati. Manufacturing Facility DOES Contain Nuts.

PayPal to: Pete@Hyper-Formance.com
    Or: www.PayPal.me/KWICK
    Pete Aronson
    315 West Elliot Road
    Suites 107-487
    Tempe, AZ 85284
    602-397-4869.

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by supercraig1 View Post
    What are you guys with zx10 wheels and 190 rears doing with your chain guards. I have one of the Ted (I think) aluminum chain guards and I'm not surprised that it won't fit with this tire. Thinking about just using some spacers to move it out a bit and cut a bit away form the top if there is some spring clearance issues. Just curious what anyone else is doing......

Thanks
    I only had to make a bit of room at the top of the chainguard where it interfered. 15 seconds with a dremmel. Done.

To clarify:
    I took the little nibble out where the outside edge of the tire would rub the inner lip of the cg.
    Last edited by pmbiker; 04-24-2015 at 01:28 PM.

I thought that earlier, but figgered I'd keep my mouth shut...

i had a Teds chainguard running a 190 on a ZX 14 wheel w/o a clearance issue, I did however have it break off due to me procrastinating on attaching the rear brace.
    Paul
    ZRXOA #4325

'99 ZRX 1100
    '87 944S
    '00 ES 300
    '05 FXHO

"The last time the meteors came, we thought the sky was on fire. Naturally, we blamed the Irish. We hanged more 'n a few."... Grandpa Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by BarbRN View Post
    Look at all the invites! darn, if only I had an engine on my broom!

Quote Originally Posted by youngzrxer View Post
    ....For gods sake I am such a pussy
    "This is a dangerous world, and this cat isnít remotely qualified to handle it. This guy has no clue, I promise you." G. W. Bush on Obama

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

BadAss Hooligan

Nice making myself one today using the same method
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This comment was most likely typed on my phone at a stop light... please ignore all the obvious spelling and grammar errors.

I support the police, just not the spelling ones

Devilsí Advocate

Quote Originally Posted by CinKo View Post
    Nice making myself one today using the same method
    You are COPYING?? Where's the outrage???

ooooooooooooo

WARNING: ELS Products MAY CONTAIN, or be Made With, Patented Parts, Tools, Components and/or Apparati. Manufacturing Facility DOES Contain Nuts.

Pete Aronson
    315 West Elliot Road
    Suites 107-487
    Tempe, AZ 85284
    602-397-4869.

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by pmbiker View Post
    I only had to make a bit of room at the top of the chainguard where it interfered. 15 seconds with a dremmel. Done.

To clarify:
    I took the little nibble out where the outside edge of the tire would rub the inner lip of the cg.
    👍 +1
    May the dust of your carriage wheels blind the eyes of your foes.

BadAss Hooligan

man that thing looks so cool; but SO wimpy....a chain breaking would cut right thru that & possibly into your leg/hip/cases...

I know, I know, today's 530 chains are much more durable. Back in the day I saw several of the 630 size chains break on high-hp Kaw's (mostly drag-bikes), & the results were much more $$$$ expensive (broken cases.)

I was chasing my riding partner on a high-hp Z1b 900 (1024cc AMA kitted monster), & his broke on a hard 2nd to 3rd shift, & it went flying over my shoulder.....shew! I'll never forget what looked like a snake flying at me at extreme speed.....
    "Enjoy the ride!"

BadAss Hooligan

that was my thought about not having one..... just a little bit of aluminum insurance is better than nothin'.

it's not like i haven't dremelled 50 things already on this bike... here goes

Devilsí Advocate

that was my thought about not having one..... just a little bit of aluminum insurance is better than nothin'.

it's not like i haven't dremelled 50 things already on this bike... here goes

Mine are made of stainless...stock is plastic on the 1200's...carry on.

ooooooooooooo

Pete Aronson
    315 West Elliot Road
    Suites 107-487
    Tempe, AZ 85284
    602-397-4869.

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by KWICK View Post
    Mine are made of stainless...stock is plastic on the 1200's...carry on.
    I wasn't knocking yours. I was just stating the risk(ish) of not having one at all....

Devilsí Advocate

I wasn't knocking yours. I was just stating the risk(ish) of not having one at all....
    No worries

ooooooooooooo

Pete Aronson
    315 West Elliot Road
    Suites 107-487
    Tempe, AZ 85284
    602-397-4869.

BadAss Hooligan

No worries
    316?

Just made up a couple to try... made 4 so I can f up 3 times before I get it...lol

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This comment was most likely typed on my phone at a stop light... please ignore all the obvious spelling and grammar errors.

BadAss Hooligan

Thanks

My cousin put the Dremel to his Teds to fit his 6" rim w/ 190 tire . Came out perfect , looks like it was made that way . I've got (2) NOS Ted's enroute , gonna have to do the same to those because of the same exact situation . No problem . Good luck

Devilsí Advocate

Quote Originally Posted by CinKo View Post
    316?

Just made up a couple to try... made 4 so I can f up 3 times before I get it...lol

I'm using 304 stainless, 0.045" thick

ooooooooooooo

Pete Aronson
    315 West Elliot Road
    Suites 107-487
    Tempe, AZ 85284
    602-397-4869.

Nubby Hooligan

I'm using 304 stainless, 0.045" thick
    Why would the lightest ZRX on the planet have something as heavy as a stainless chain guard? In the towing industry, while winching 100,00 lb. trucks out of 4 feet of mud with 300 ft. of 3/4 inch cable stretched to the breaking point, all that is necessary to stop the cables momentum is to simply place a red shop rag on the cable about 100 ft. out and when the cable breaks the rag will cause it to drop to the ground and stop it from coming back and hitting you or the truck. I'm sure that cable has considerably more stored energy than that 3 ft. of chain.

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by smart3900 View Post
    Why would the lightest ZRX on the planet have something as heavy as a stainless chain guard? In the towing industry, while winching 100,00 lb. trucks out of 4 feet of mud with 300 ft. of 3/4 inch cable stretched to the breaking point, all that is necessary to stop the cables momentum is to simply place a red shop rag on the cable about 100 ft. out and when the cable breaks the rag will cause it to drop to the ground and stop it from coming back and hitting you or the truck. I'm sure that cable has considerably more stored energy than that 3 ft. of chain.
    Mines 30 percent thicker and weighs approx. 6 ounces total... meaning his is probably 4 or 5 ounces... Im sure the extra 2 or 3 ounces over the stock set up is not gonna off set anything in the grand scheme of things.

Unless he doesnt ride until 4 hours after eating... his lunch affects the bikes weight more...lol

Devilsí Advocate

Quote Originally Posted by smart3900 View Post
    Why would the lightest ZRX on the planet have something as heavy as a stainless chain guard? .
    When the design is how I want it, I will make one outta thin Titanium...the design is not finalized yet for Calista.

ooooooooooooo

Pete Aronson
    315 West Elliot Road
    Suites 107-487
    Tempe, AZ 85284
    602-397-4869.

BadAss Hooligan

Thanks
    Love Teds 7 hole chain guard ! Post pics after