+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    BadAss Hooligan

Re: Steering Stem: Titanium or 7075 Aluminum

Quote Originally Posted by dg1966 View Post
    Yeah folks like Paul definitely have a gift. But imho it still takes plenty of smarts and talent to produce these types of products from a raw hunk of metal/material. And you definitely need some huevos to know that when you press the Go button, if you have done something wrong, miscalculated, miscoded, etc. or slip up at the controls, that you've likely just wasted a very expensive hunk of that metal/material!

Good luck with your efforts!
    In my very limited experience, trashing material is bad but cheap. Crashing tooling into fixtures adds up quick.....

It definitely takes creativity, talent and skill to do what you do Scott but I agree. Guys like PK have a gift.

RIP 4/11/19

Quote Originally Posted by asfastas63 View Post
    I was trying to keep a running tab in my first reply. Jaco are you in at any of the costs?

Steve? capete? Anybody else? I know we can get 10
    Sorry for answering only now.
    Yeah I'm in for whatever. What difference does a few $$$ make anyways?
    ███████ everything ████ ████ ██ is █ ██████ ██ fine ██████ █████ ███. ██████'█ ██ ████████. The ████ ███ █ government █████ ████ ██ knows ████ ████ best █ █████ ██.

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by jacohatt View Post
    Sorry for answering only now.
    Yeah I'm in for whatever. What difference does a few $$$ make anyways?
    Looks like it's not happening anyways.

Scott, did you do any drawings yet for the stock stem that you'd be willing to share or sell? I may try to make my own but don't have one on hand anymore to work from.

I Make Stuff for Me

Scott, did you do any drawings yet for the stock stem that you'd be willing to share or sell? I may try to make my own but don't have one on hand anymore to work from.

Killer Kaw made one for the Zx14 hybrid stem and it's here on the OA. All you need to do is measure the length of the OEM stem and mic the bottom of the press fit portion. Otherwise most of it's correct, you can email me if you want it or can't find it here on the OA.

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by Stites View Post
    Killer Kaw made one for the Zx14 hybrid stem and it's here on the OA. All you need to do is measure the length of the OEM stem and mic the bottom of the press fit portion. Otherwise most of it's correct, you can email me if you want it or can't find it here on the OA.
    Thank you sir

I Make Stuff for Me

Thank you sir
    Pretty much you could take his drawing to a machinist, tell them to forget the bottom, mic you OEM stem and make that the bottom and then change the overall length. As the OEM one is a bit longer that the KK stem.

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by Stites View Post
    Pretty much you could take his drawing to a machinist, tell them to forget the bottom, mic you OEM stem and make that the bottom and then change the overall length. As the OEM one is a bit longer that the KK stem.
    That's basically the plan, my old man was a machinist for 30 years so I'm thinking this might be a good project to get some knowledge from him (if we can find some shop time). I don't have an OEM stem on hand to get measurements from, but the base OD I can figure out from your triple when it shows up. Anybody know the OEM stem length?

I Make Stuff for Me

That's basically the plan, my old man was a machinist for 30 years so I'm thinking this might be a good project to get some knowledge from him (if we can find some shop time). I don't have an OEM stem on hand to get measurements from, but the base OD I can figure out from your triple when it shows up. Anybody know the OEM stem length?
    10.860 is what I get with my 24" calipers.

RIP 4/11/19

███████ everything ████ ████ ██ is █ ██████ ██ fine ██████ █████ ███. ██████'█ ██ ████████. The ████ ███ █ government █████ ████ ██ knows ████ ████ best █ █████ ██.