+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    BadAss Hooligan

Re: How Much Is My ZRX Worth???

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    They were ALL bought new.............
    Perhaps I was thinking that because we never say any at all in 99' when there were none allowed into the state (when CARB didn't allow....)

Once they got all the emissions crap on them in 00', THEN they were allowed into CA.
    "Enjoy the ride!"

BadAss Hooligan

Last October I bought a mint '04 with 11,000 miles. It sat around a bit. I added braided stainless lines, a tip over kill switch, had the carbs cleaned, no flo's, starter chain tensioner fix, new gaskets, adjusted the valves, new petcock, new tires, etc. Long story short. The bike is still pretty much stock and I spent another $1100 so far and I have not even touched the suspension yet.
    Old bikes, good as they are, need lots of upkeep regardless of how well they run.
    "Enjoy your body, use it in every way you can. Don't be afraid of it or care what other people think of it... It is the greatest instrument you will ever own". Baz Luhrmann

BadAss Hooligan

you have a 3700 dollar bike with at least 700 dollars in damage IMHO

The tank is over 7 bills, plus shipping,

you have a low mileage bike with 15 year old seals, hoses, gaskets, etc.

Low mileage is not always a good thing

It is worth what someone with green cash in hand is willing to give to you

NADA is a joke, Kelley Blue Book and all the rest are equally as bad.

Any vehicle is worth Actual Cash Value, I never use "book value" in my profession, ACV period.
    Look on CycleTrader, there are undamaged 2000's with under 12K on them for 3200 bucks

swap out your low miles for the damage and it is a wash...... plus the 2000 is a year newer ( increasing value maybe 300 bucks....

If I was asked to do a valuation on your bike for insurance purposes I would have trouble justifying over 3300 dollars with the damaged tank, and 3300 would be a gift

BadAss Hooligan

I'm with most everyone here. That is not a small dent. I would be closer to $2500.00. Not trying to be harsh. You never stated how much you paid. I'm thinking you paid to much to start with.

BadAss Hooligan

Plus, it's not a Harley, which, according to said owners, goes UP in value .
    "Enjoy your body, use it in every way you can. Don't be afraid of it or care what other people think of it... It is the greatest instrument you will ever own". Baz Luhrmann

Hooligan

I paid 3500 for mine a few months ago with less than 11K on it.

2001 1200 all original no mods.

IMHO, It's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I would be around 3600 for it without a dented tank and 2500 as is.

Like I said just my opinion
    v/r
    Roger

Currently riding
    2002 Ducati ST4S - In the fastest color of all
    95 Triumph Daytona 1200

Past bikes
    87 Honda VFR
    03 Ducati ST4S
    2001 ZRX 1200R

Hooligan

My 2001 sold for 3200 with 33k miles FYI. I bought for the same 7 years prior with 16k on it. I will miss the bike and this great forum. Ride safe...but have fun.

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by mbleft View Post
    You might be able to get 4 - 5K for it, if the right person comes along. Nice bike.

Upon closer inspection, the dent is not small, it's huge. 3 - 3500. I paid 3300 for my 99 in 2006 with 22K. No dents, but it was dirty. Sold it for 3K 2 years later with 36K on it.

New owner blew it up in short order -

BadAss Hooligan

How much did you pay for the bike to begin with?
    01 GREEN, ZX9 gauges,Sonic 1.1 springs,DMR shocks,Holeshot Touring bars,MCL 1 risers,Buell pegs,Couch fork brace and rear brake torque link,JE 12.5:1 stock bore,ZZR cams,double springs,CVK40's,BEAR RACING CVK40 velocity stacks,dual foam uni-pods,Keihin 150 mains,#40s@2.0 turns,FH 15mm, FP K87 TI needles, 3.0 clip position,plastic slides,FP ZX11 springs,Muzzy 4-2-1/Ti oval can,stock ZRX ECU/+2 Ted's rotor, NGK CR10EIX plugs,ZX14 stick coils,Ted's pod tray,4-pot calipers.

Licensed to Mod

I paid $4,200 last year thinking I was getting a great deal. that's why I rushed to get it before I had to leave town. I guess I should have done a little more research. none the lees I love the bike, glad I have it. Im going to try and do everything I can to keep it around, especially now that I have a more realistic idea of what I can expect to get for it.

BadAss Hooligan

Thanks for sharing that. It's a great bike, and you will like the heck out of it!

Mods are next if you are keeping it!
    01 GREEN, ZX9 gauges,Sonic 1.1 springs,DMR shocks,Holeshot Touring bars,MCL 1 risers,Buell pegs,Couch fork brace and rear brake torque link,JE 12.5:1 stock bore,ZZR cams,double springs,CVK40's,BEAR RACING CVK40 velocity stacks,dual foam uni-pods,Keihin 150 mains,#40s@2.0 turns,FH 15mm, FP K87 TI needles, 3.0 clip position,plastic slides,FP ZX11 springs,Muzzy 4-2-1/Ti oval can,stock ZRX ECU/+2 Ted's rotor, NGK CR10EIX plugs,ZX14 stick coils,Ted's pod tray,4-pot calipers.

2010 YTRAP Award Winner

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyDave View Post
    Just for comparison purposes, I bought my 99' 1100 in 1999' for $6600 used will less than 7500 miles on it.

Asking the question of the members, I don't think many bought new. Most bought used I believe??? They were going for $7100 in 99', & they were not sold in 99' in CA, so I had to find a NV ZRX in order to get one in summer of 99'. In 00' they finally got them into CA...
    Brandy new, off showroom floor.

Still my #1 bike.
    "America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." - Claire Wolfe, November, 1995

"this planet is one giant retard factory" - philobeddoe, 2009-12-03

BadAss Hooligan

$3600 is realistic for an 1100 that clean. I paid less than $3000 for a black 1100 with $1100 Ohlins shocks and no dent in tank. The miles were just over 10K on the one I got and it is super clean. Good luck and for the right buyer maybe $4000. Good luck
    Last edited by Red Rex II; 04-20-2018 at 11:58 AM.

Suffers from Mad Kaw disease
    On a lovely tropical island near Ft. Wayne, IN

4 yr. old thread.. I'd guess it's sold by now.

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

YTRAP, G and Joe.... sure gonna miss you guys...

BadAss Hooligan

LOL... Good advice none-the-less!

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by BlkZrx View Post
    4 yr. old thread.. I'd guess it's sold by now.

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk
    Yep realized it was old thread after I posted. Still not worth that kind of money 4 years ago.

BadAss Hooligan

for a bike in a 4 yr old thread? I'm going to say

current bike: 2000 ZRX1100

Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by Big Harry View Post
    Your problem with the $6,000 - $7000 price tag for a 15 year old ZRX is that the MSRP of a NEW ZRX1100 in 1999 was $7199.
    Exactly. I bought my 2004 ZRX1200R in 2006 for about $4,000. The sad fact of the matter is that these bikes are not sought after (at least not yet) and the market prices them accordingly. If I were interested in buying that bike, my top dollar would be about $2,900.

| 2004 ZRX1200R | 2015 Yamaha FZ-07 | 2013 Triumph Bonneville | ZRXOA #8563 |

Tim Kreitz Adventures | www.timkreitz.com | Facebook Page