+ Reply to Thread
    BadAss Hooligan

American Made 3-Wheeled Car - 84mpg

http://www.eliomotornews.com/

Looks like a Can Am Cager!!!
    Big Harry

"As you swim the river of life, do the breast stroke. It helps to clear the turds from your path!"
    George Carlin

2010 YTRAP Award Winner
    Mr. Duc Girl

Re: American Made 3-Wheeled Car - 84mpg

Now that's got possibilities!

If they can really produce them for under $7k, WOW!

Hooligan Paramedic &
    Master Biscuit Maker

You will have to wear a helmet. Three wheeled vehicles are considered motorcycles in the US
    Make a fast friend. Adopt a retired racing Greyhound

www.greyhoundpets.org
    Or PM me for details

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by Tacmedic View Post
    You will have to wear a helmet. Three wheeled vehicles are considered motorcycles in the US
    Even with a completely enclosed cabin ???
    Big Harry

"As you swim the river of life, do the breast stroke. It helps to clear the turds from your path!"
    George Carlin

BadAss Hooligan

I'd be tempted to test drive one for the heck of it; could be a lot of fun in the mountains if it's raining !
    Slowing down Harley riders for 35 years

BadAss Hooligan

American Made 3-Wheeled Car - 84mpg

Quote Originally Posted by bigharry View Post
    Even with a completely enclosed cabin ???
    It would depend on your states motorcycle helmet laws.
    Some states may have a exemption for enclosed or roofed three wheelers.

Sent from my iPhone via the NSA using Tapatalk 2

Savannah Six charter member

Quote Originally Posted by JBoz View Post
    Now that's got possibilities!

If they can really produce them for under $7k, WOW!
    I don't think they make a shoehorn big enough .

And yes here in Ct you don't need a helmet when driving a t-Rex , has a roof .

There comes a point in your life when you realize. Who matters.Who never did.Who won't anymore.And who always will.So,don't worry about people from your past.There's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

BadAss Hooligan

Q. What is the warranty?

The Elio comes standard with a 3 year/36000 mile warranty!

Q. Can I finance my Elio?

Yes! We will have many ways to finance your Elio including the traditional ways plus a unique to Elio credit card offer that will effectively have your gas savings make your payment!

Q. Is the Elio available for international customers?

Ultimately, yes! Our strategy is to roll out the US market first and make sure that everyone here is served and satisfied before we move to international markets. As for what countries will we enter first, that decision has not been finalized – but it’s safe to say Canada will be at or near the top of the list.

Q. Who makes the engine/drive train/brakes etc.?

We had a great press conference in May announcing our Blue Chip list of supplier partners. Please Click Here to go to our supplier page and check them all out. As far as the engine, IAV has designed a great power plant and we will build it in Shreveport, Louisiana.

Q. How will it do in the snow/bad weather?

The Elio will do well in all kinds of weather! The front engine, low center of gravity, front wheel drive and ABS will create some great traction action to help pull the Elio through the snow or other bad weather. Word of caution though, we are not a 4-wheel drive urban assault vehicle, so if there are 5′ snow drifts, stay home and wait until the plows come through!

Q. Will I fit in the vehicle?

Yes! Most everyone will fit in the Elio. We designed the vehicle to fit a 6’1” 220 person and have had many larger and smaller people try it out and loved it! Tallest so far… 6’8”, largest so far … 6’3” 275, smallest … under 5’ (weight not asked!).

Q. Where can I buy an Elio?

We will roll out the entire distribution plan later in 2013 that will include how and where you can see, test-drive, and buy your new Elio.

Q. What options will be available on my Elio?

The entire program will roll out later this year and will detail all available options. Keep in mind; your Elio will already be nicely equipped with premium features that are standard. These include A/C, Heat, Power Windows, Power Door Lock, AM/FM Stereo, and more.

Q. Can I be a distributor or a service outlet for the Elio?

We will communicate our distribution and service strategies later this year. Please keep checking back here for all the details!

Q. Once I make a reservation, how long before I get my Elio?

Our production plan shows the delivery of the first Elio in the fourth quarter of 2014. We are limiting reservations to our first year estimated capacity so that everyone that reserves a vehicle will have one in the first year. Once you make a reservation to lock up a spot – you’re next on the list to receive one.

Here is the order that the reservation holders will get their vehicles:
    1) All-in $1000; 2) All-In $500; 3) All-in $250; 4) All-in $100; 5) I Want In $1000; 6) I Want in $500; 7) I Want In $250; 8) I Want In $100

Q. What kind of gas does Elio take?

The Elio will run on regular, unleaded fuel.

Q. Are test drives available?

Ultimately, yes. We’re planning a series of events close to the delivery of our first vehicle to let our supporters get the Elio feeling. Once we are in full production, you’ll be invited to one of our ride and drives that will be much more comprehensive, fun and informative than a typical “test drive.”

Q. Is Elio a car or a motorcycle?

According to the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS) “Motorcycle” means a motor vehicle with motive power having a seat or saddle for the use of the rider and designed to travel on not more than three wheels in contact with the ground.” So if it is less than four wheels it is a motorcycle. But what do you see when you look at the Elio? Fully enclosed, power windows, wiper blades, steering wheel, gas and brake pedals … you be the judge.

Q. Can I buy one now?

You can reserve your Elio right now. Click here.

Q. Where can I get more information?

The two best places for information are on our Elio facebook page and www.eliomotors.com. Stay tuned for other ways to learn about us.

Q. Can I drive this with my existing license?

Most states do not require a motorcycle license to operate the vehicle, a regular driver’s license is usually enough. Check with your local Department of Motor Vehicles to be sure.

Q. How much is insurance going to be?

We’re not insurance people, nor do we play one on TV, so we can’t give you a definitive answer. That said, we do expect the Elio will be as economical to insure as it is to operate, based on a few of the basic tenets of vehicle insurance: cost to replace (advantage Elio, $6,800 vs. $big), injury to occupant (advantage Elio with anticipated 5 –star safety), and service part cost (again, advantage Elio).
    Big Harry

George Carlin

Kwickipedia

Quote Originally Posted by Tacmedic View Post
    Not in Arizona...

"Phfft! Facts. You can use them to prove anything."
    --Homer Simpson

"People picking up dog poop have more sense "
    --zarex

PayPal to: Pete@Hyper-Formance.com
    Pete Aronson
    315 West Elliot Road
    Suites 107-487
    Tempe, AZ 85284
    602-397-4869

BadAss Hooligan

I'd roll one

BadAss Hooligan

I saw one on the way to Arkansas several months ago. I had to do a double take. Looked like a rolling billboard with all the decals, stickers, etc. I assume it was a prototype.
    WGARA........ (Thanks G).....
    Ytrap.......
    ZRXOA # 3545

2001 BLACK ZRX !!!!
    2000 BMW k1200LT

Faster black one! All other are green with envy.

KING of BLINGWICH...with a dash of mayo
    his bearings ain't right

That is pretty cool. I was always shocked that a Trex cost 60 friggin big ones. If they can really do this for 7, I would buy one just for grins.

BadAss Hooligan

Atleast they got the wheel conifg correct unlike the Reliant Robin......

Cory
    '99 ZRX (Green) #8998
    '76 KZ900
    '08 Concours 1400

The Apostrophe Bar & Grill
    SE Texas. Close to LA and the Gulf of Mehico. Port Arthur, to be specific.

Not finding much info. on IAV engines BUT Ford plans to use a 3 cyl. 1L Ecoboost in the Fiesta soon. They adv. ties w/ Ford.
    If it's even remotely related it may be a good power plant.
    Ain't this boogie a mess?