+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I'm back....

Hooligan

Re: I'm back....

Quote Originally Posted by zudikaszrx View Post
    I have a carbon chain guard. And many other pieces.

Aye I know when I get some cash together I'll be ordering one from urself
    Maxx.
    zrxoc.

If u can't explain it simply , u don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein

Hooligan

Took mine out today for it's first shake down run since having the bike, wot with cleaning and addressing some issues, put my suspension settings in from my other bike and also flipped the eccentrics and took it for a 60miles blast, why did I ever sell the other one, this bike just makes u smile......got to say I'm a happy bunny..
    Maxx.
    zrxoc.

If u can't explain it simply , u don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein

BadAss Hooligan

He's Baaaaaaacccccckkkkk!!!
    Big Harry

"As you swim the river of life, do the breast stroke. It helps to clear the turds from your path!"
    George Carlin

Hooligan

And it's good to be back, although I have to say that this 03 feels different to my 01 as in the forks feel better both bikes had more or less the same mileage but I have read somewhere that kawasaki changed the fork internals in the later bikes but I would like to know what yr they did this...anybody know..??
    Maxx.
    zrxoc.

Legal Eagle

In the States, Mama Kaw dumbed down the forks for 04 and 05, but also, silver in the States was only 04.

I sold my Ducati Streetfighter S for the same reason you dumped your S3, but I was smart enough to keep my beloved ZRX

Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    In the States, Mama Kaw dumbed down the forks for 04 and 05, but also, silver in the States was only 04.

I sold my Ducati Streetfighter S for the same reason you dumped your S3, but I was smart enough to keep my beloved ZRX
    Yeah the thing is if I hadn't sold my zrx then I wouldn't of had some of the best riding I've had in yrs the S3 is awesome bit of kit and my 03 is a great bike I'm looking forward to riding it this summer....
    Maxx.
    zrxoc.

Hooligan

Couple of updates

Changed the bars for Renthal medium roads

Fitted Oberon copy mirrors from the land of the rising sun and also Renthal medium grips

Did the rear light mod lifting it up

Painted the heel guards gloss black (only til I get some carbon ones)

And then went down to the coast for a bimble.
    Last edited by Maxx; 04-22-2013 at 02:37 PM.
    Maxx.
    zrxoc.

Hooligan

Got a message to say that my Sargent seat has arrived in the UK (god knows when I'll get it) and got a little envelop from Drew with these in for the shocks...I'm going with the black ones...

Maxx.
    zrxoc.

BadAss Hooligan

Great Mods Keep up the good work!
    Big Harry

"As you swim the river of life, do the breast stroke. It helps to clear the turds from your path!"
    George Carlin

Hooligan

And on the bike I like them better than the red....

Maxx.
    zrxoc.

Hooligan

Today I thought I'd change the rear sprocket now that the paint as dried (painted as it was looking crap) nice easy job half hour tops... no the idiot who use to have the bike only decides he needs to reuse the sprocket nuts and does them up so f**king tight that I can't get them undone without rounding them off so I phones my m8 who's a KTM spannerman bring the cushdrive up he say I'll have them undone in a jiffy, yeah right half hour later and he's nearly had 2 f**king heart attacks wot with hammering on smaller sockets and using 4ft bars he gets them off....ffs wot is it with these idiots... now a half hour job has turned into a 3 day job because I have to wait for new ss nuts..... and to top it off all the bushes and wheel spindle are bone dry no grease f**k all god I hope I bump into this idiot sometime this yr......
    Maxx.
    zrxoc.

Hooligan

All sorted now my other m8 came up trumps with a spare set....bikes all back together again now, but I've already found another job to do the rear brake needs some TLC...
    Maxx.
    zrxoc.

Hooligan

These arrived today going to grease them up and then fit them tomorrow....

Maxx.
    zrxoc.

Hooligan

Seat on and pure comfort....

New levers fitted

It's coming together now

Maxx.
    zrxoc.

Calamity Gil

Looking good Maxx and as long as it's comfy too.
    Nice job with the shocks, subtle change big difference with the black decals.
    ZRXOA membr #8704
    "It is not the strong but the responsive that survive."

BOTM Feb '13

CRACKERMAN

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    Today I thought I'd change the rear sprocket now that the paint as dried (painted as it was looking crap) nice easy job half hour tops... no the idiot who use to have the bike only decides he needs to reuse the sprocket nuts and does them up so f**king tight that I can't get them undone without rounding them off so I phones my m8 who's a KTM spannerman bring the cushdrive up he say I'll have them undone in a jiffy, yeah right half hour later and he's nearly had 2 f**king heart attacks wot with hammering on smaller sockets and using 4ft bars he gets them off....ffs wot is it with these idiots... now a half hour job has turned into a 3 day job because I have to wait for new ss nuts..... and to top it off all the bushes and wheel spindle are bone dry no grease f**k all god I hope I bump into this idiot sometime this yr......

are you related to Jethro?
    Quote Originally Posted by John T View Post
    Isaac is NOT a zrx purist.

Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by Racer Gil View Post
    Looking good Maxx and as long as it's comfy too.
    Nice job with the shocks, subtle change big difference with the black decals.
    Cheers m8 I do like the little detail touches

Quote Originally Posted by isaac View Post
    are you related to Jethro?
    I don't think so......
    Maxx.
    zrxoc.

Hooligan

Got a GC fork brace coming, just got to fit the rentech engine crash bars and sort and clean the front and rear brakes out and thats it til the winter.....just want to.....
    Maxx.
    zrxoc.

Hooligan

Today was brake cleaning day started off doing the fronts no problems so onto the rear caliper only to find the pins are seized in place.... going to have to take the caliper off to do this I then decided to put on my engine crash bars which went on without a hitch.....

Maxx.
    zrxoc.

BadAss Hooligan

Crash Bars - Good safety add-on!!!
    Big Harry

George Carlin

Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by bigharry View Post
    Crash Bars - Good safety add-on!!!
    Also double up as frame braces....
    Maxx.
    zrxoc.

BadAss Hooligan

Re: Crashbars - please post if you find an acceptable cover/cap for the longer bolt for the rear engine mount (the ends that now extend and preclude use of caps that fit the stock recession).

Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by Copyguy View Post
    Re: Crashbars - please post if you find an acceptable cover/cap for the longer bolt for the rear engine mount (the ends that now extend and preclude use of caps that fit the stock recession).
    I normally use dome nuts but haven't got round to it yet.....
    Maxx.
    zrxoc.

BadAss Hooligan

I normally use dome nuts but haven't got round to it yet.....
    I like that idea - wasn't sure they could take the mounting bolt torque #, but worth a try.

Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by Copyguy View Post
    I like that idea - wasn't sure they could take the mounting bolt torque #, but worth a try.
    Well I've not had any problems when I had them on my other zrx the photos are on here somewhere...hope this helps
    Maxx.
    zrxoc.

BadAss Hooligan

Couple of updates

Changed the bars for Renthal medium roads

Fitted Oberon copy mirrors from the land of the rising sun and also Renthal medium grips

Did the rear light mod lifting it up

Painted the heel guards gloss black (only til I get some carbon ones)

And then went down to the coast for a bimble.
    How do those Renthal mediums compare with stock ? They look taller .

Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by O.S.Triker View Post
    How do those Renthal mediums compare with stock ? They look taller .
    They are a lot more comfier to be honest very similar to the stock bars but also have an extra width which the stock bars don't have which gives u extra leverage which helps when ur chucking it through the twisties, I also had them on my other zrx (which is also featured on this site) those bars and a sargent seat make the zrx a very comfortable place to be.......hope this helps
    Maxx.
    zrxoc.

Hooligan

Fitted my new to me GC fork brace

Maxx.
    zrxoc.

Hooligan

Today picked up my new torque arm off my m8 and took a photo of the new gear linkage rod from him as well

Maxx.
    zrxoc.

Hooligan

My carbon tank pad came today.....I fitted one as the tank is starting to mark up slightly so better to cover it now, I know u can get others but I like these... also found a photo of my old bike the day it was sold forgot I had it...

Maxx.
    zrxoc.