+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I'm back....

Hooligan

I'm back....

Did a deal with my S3 today and got this and a pocket full of cash..... 2 owners 17k fsh corbin and a scorpion can Hel braided lines I have a few ideas of wot I want the bike to look like but for now it's all about the riding...

Last edited by Maxx; 04-02-2013 at 01:24 PM.
    Maxx.
    zrxoc.

If u can't explain it simply , u don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein

Holy terror

Re: I'm back....

Very nice...looks like you got a great bike with some nice mods.

Preacher

I don't talk funny

What's the secret mini missile launcher just in front of the left rear indicator?
    I'm not completely useless. I can always be used as a bad example.

Kwackifoofoo

Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by McGovZRX View Post
    What's the secret mini missile launcher just in front of the left rear indicator?
    Lol....thats the road tax holder.....it's a uk thing road tax..lol they are made by oberon engineering
    Maxx.
    zrxoc.

If u can't explain it simply , u don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein

2009 Hooligan of the year

Clean bike. That'll mod up nicely.

What's an "S3"?

Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by zrx24 View Post
    Clean bike. That'll mod up nicely.

What's an "S3"?
    Triumph 1050 speed triple...(speed S triple 3)
    Maxx.
    zrxoc.

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    Lol....thats the road tax holder.....it's a uk thing road tax..lol they are made by oberon engineering
    So the gov'ment nails you for money each time you take it out on the road???

Welcome Back!!!
    Big Harry

"As you swim the river of life, do the breast stroke. It helps to clear the turds from your path!"
    George Carlin

Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by bigharry View Post

Welcome Back!!!
    Well if u only ride during the summer months then it'll cost u 41 but if u ride all yr round it's 76...
    Maxx.
    zrxoc.

Born In The USA

Welcome back! You can get some reflectors from McGov.
    You'll never know how fast you can go, until you go too fast.

I have discovered that half of being a good rebel is knowing what to rebel against.

1995 GPz1100

1981 GPz550
    Born to turn

Quote Originally Posted by bigharry View Post

What do you think your annual license plate registration fees are? Except in our case we get nailed the same if we drive it on the road only once each year or 24/7.

Born In The USA

What do you think your annual license plate registration fees are? Except in our case we get nailed the same if we drive it on the road only once each year or 24/7.
    Yes, and I get to have a smog check on the van every 2,000 miles. Don't you feel safer?

I have discovered that half of being a good rebel is knowing what to rebel against.

1995 GPz1100

1981 GPz550
    Born to turn

Quote Originally Posted by Cadman View Post
    Yes, and I get to have a smog check on the van every 2,000 miles. Don't you feel safer?

Every 2,000 miles?

That sounds more like a probation sentencing. What'd your van do to get that?

BadAss Hooligan

I Know - I Know!!!

There's also some of our money grubbing 'leaders' that are talking about a mileage based tax!

BOHICA Let me know if a translation is needed!
    Big Harry

"As you swim the river of life, do the breast stroke. It helps to clear the turds from your path!"
    George Carlin

BadAss Hooligan

Very nice Rex!

The road tax thing is simple enough- it's the giant scarlet letter 'L' that newbies have to keep on vehicles that gets me.

BadAss Hooligan

You've had both (as I do now), so I'm curious to know why you sold the S3. What was about it (and/or the ZRX) that moved you to return to the ZRX?

Born In The USA

Every 2,000 miles?

That sounds more like a probation sentencing. What'd your van do to get that?
    I use it about 1,000 miles a year, and we have to smog our stuff every two.

1995 GPz1100

1981 GPz550
    Born to turn

Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by Copyguy View Post
    You've had both (as I do now), so I'm curious to know why you sold the S3. What was about it (and/or the ZRX) that moved you to return to the ZRX?
    The S3 was like a scalpel and the handling is excellent, but u find urself pushing ur limits trying to find the limits of the bike and I came to the decision that I need to slow down and go back to wot I know which is the zrx, now I'm not saying the zrx is rubbish but it's not in the same league as the S3, ur riding it hard as u can and the bike is saying is that it fatty....lol so for me it's time to calm down....
    Maxx.
    zrxoc.

The S3 was like a scalpel and the handling is excellent, but u find urself pushing ur limits trying to find the limits of the bike and I came to the decision that I need to slow down and go back to wot I know which is the zrx, now I'm not saying the zrx is rubbish but it's not in the same league as the S3, ur riding it hard as u can and the bike is saying is that it fatty....lol so for me it's time to calm down....

Same exact reason I sold my ZX-9R and bought a ZRX.

Well, maybe not exactly. I didn't buy the ZRX to slow down. It just made riding the same pace more exciting.

BadAss Hooligan

That makes sense. Luckily (or not), I'm already calm - I don't get near the limits of either bike. I really do like them both for different reasons.

Hooligan

I can still have a load of fun on the zrx........but I will miss the S3
    Maxx.
    zrxoc.

BadAss Hooligan

I can still have a load of fun on the zrx........but I will miss the S3
    I'm aware of at least two other S3 owners who sold them, I believe one went back to ZRX and Barney Fife went to new gen FZ1, I believe (but BF may still have a ZRX, I don't know).

john1263

Thanks...that is just what I needed to hear

What part of Scotland?
    I was stationed at RAF Lakenheath for a few years. Been to Lossiemouth a few times to recover broke jets (F-111).

Hooligan

I'm half hour from Loch lomond on the west coast where all the best roads are....

2nd day of cleaning and copper slipping, removed the rear bodywork and found a bolt (but knew where it came from) and a fecking screwdriver.... I then did the rear light mod, cleaned the chain, the guy had used engine oil and it was everywhere, removed the ss chain guard and have a stock one coming til I can find a carbon one, removed the ss rad guard I hate these things they weight a ton and they look shit, put the stock one back on lovely, went around all the indicators checking them and took the lenses off to wax them, took the stock mirrors off and loosened the bar clamps as I'm waiting for a set of Renthals to arrive and painted the scratched heel guards....all in all a productive day...
    Maxx.
    zrxoc.

Quote Originally Posted by Copyguy View Post
    I'm aware of at least two other S3 owners who sold them, I believe one went back to ZRX and Barney Fife went to new gen FZ1, I believe (but BF may still have a ZRX, I don't know).

BF sold his S3 just because that's what he does. He's fickle that way.

BadAss Hooligan

BF sold his S3 just because that's what he does. He's fickle that way.
    I admire his decisiveness. I've been dithering over which to sell for too long. They're all good bikes, dammit.

BadAss Hooligan

I'm half hour from Loch lomond on the west coast where all the best roads are....
    Are there bonny, bonny banks?
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyhillbilly View Post
    in other words no holigianism here

Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by MikeG View Post
    Are there bonny, bonny banks?
    Lol......very good.....

BT023 tyre now on the front all matching.....chain all waxed got my new renthals back today put them on tomorrow along with my bar end mirrors and I'll flip the eccentrics as well....we should be ready for a few rides then... also put my zrxoc badge on the bike (I knew I'd kept the other one for a reason...lol) and just cleaned the corbin with some leather balsam come up a treat...
    Last edited by Maxx; 04-04-2013 at 12:00 PM.
    Maxx.
    zrxoc.

Hooligan

Just a few updates...

BT023 tyre now on the front all matching.....chain all waxed got my new renthals back today put them on all good now, I've flipped the eccentrics as well....also put my zrxoc badge on the bike (I knew I'd kept the other one for a reason...lol)

Fitted the bar end mirrors (oberon copies)

Bought a Sargent seat (cheers Racer Gil)

Had to take off the Hel braided brake lines as the last owner had fitted them all wrong of course this led to rebleeding the calipers (pita) got it all sorted brakes are awesome now (two fingers)

Put the fairing back on and copper slipped most of the bolts around the bike also changed a few for SS, adjusted the forks again not far off where they were on my other ZRX..., just the rear line to fit maybe on the weekend.....it's not like I can go anywhere without a seat...(Just waiting for it to arrive)

Just ordered a clear tank protector and mirror caps (where the mirrors used to be screw in caps) and a carbon fire top yoke protector, hoping to fit my Rentech engine crash bars this weekend if my 1200 rear engine mount bar comes back.....then go for a shake down ride to make sure everything is ok...
    Maxx.
    zrxoc.

Calamity Gil

ZRXOA membr #8704
    "It is not the strong but the responsive that survive."

BOTM Feb '13

BadAss Hooligan

2nd day of cleaning and copper slipping, removed the rear bodywork and found a bolt (but knew where it came from) and a fecking screwdriver.... I then did the rear light mod, cleaned the chain, the guy had used engine oil and it was everywhere, removed the ss chain guard and have a stock one coming til I can find a carbon one, removed the ss rad guard I hate these things they weight a ton and they look shit, put the stock one back on lovely, went around all the indicators checking them and took the lenses off to wax them, took the stock mirrors off and loosened the bar clamps as I'm waiting for a set of Renthals to arrive and painted the scratched heel guards....all in all a productive day...

I have a carbon chain guard. And many other pieces.