+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Hooligan
    8,300 feet above sea level Eastern Sierra

Re: ZRX/ZX14 hybrid stem

. This is bad news Tom, but completely understandable. I'm one of the members here that unfortunately can't contribute much tech knowledge yet, but I love to ride( always have ) and I love to learn. Tom your contributions are quite valuable to me as well as others here, I'm sure. I've always liked the ZRX's but it wasn't until I met you that I got inspired enough to get one of my own. I remember riding my XT 600 by you with your hand on top of your helmet and me turning around at the Balsam rest area wondering if something was wrong(what a newb). So I pulled back around to talk and found out you were politely informing me LEO was around (again I was stumped). I soon figured out from context that LEO was our friendly neighborhood Law Enforcement Officer. Right after that I found out we were neighbors, practically in shouting distance from from house to house. Well long story short it was awesome having the opportunity to learn so much mechanical knowledge from you and become your friend. Unfortunately I don't have the benefit of you and your knowledge looking over my shoulder while I work on my bike in your garage, anymore. Nor a riding buddy to keep my adrenaline at peak level. Even near death with a tank slapper at about 130, with you and Jackie watching comfotably from my bike. Famous last words "Be careful I raced on that tire and noticed a little wobble at around 120 or so... Hahaha!". I dont know about you Tom but I'll never forget that. Now that I'm 2000+ miles away I can't simply call and or just come over to hang out play with bikes eat good food and talk with truly good people anymore. So I guess I'm saying I'll be bummed to see your gifts that you share, squelched by someone. Cheers none the less and rock on.

PS hopefully I'm not "anybody"..... And I typed this from my phone so pardon errors.

Bad Ass Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by Funzeeker View Post
    . This is bad news Tom, but completely understandable. I'm one of the members here that unfortunately can't contribute much tech knowledge yet, but I love to ride( always have ) and I love to learn. Tom your contributions are quite valuable to me as well as others here, I'm sure. I've always liked the ZRX's but it wasn't until I met you that I got inspired enough to get one of my own. I remember riding my XT 600 by you with your hand on top of your helmet and me turning around at the Balsam rest area wondering if something was wrong(what a newb). So I pulled back around to talk and found out you were politely informing me LEO was around (again I was stumped). I soon figured out from context that LEO was our friendly neighborhood Law Enforcement Officer. Right after that I found out we were neighbors, practically in shouting distance from from house to house. Well long story short it was awesome having the opportunity to learn so much mechanical knowledge from you and become your friend. Unfortunately I don't have the benefit of you and your knowledge looking over my shoulder while I work on my bike in your garage, anymore. Nor a riding buddy to keep my adrenaline at peak level. Even near death with a tank slapper at about 130, with you and Jackie watching comfotably from my bike. Famous last words "Be careful I raced on that tire and noticed a little wobble at around 120 or so... Hahaha!". I dont know about you Tom but I'll never forget that. Now that I'm 2000+ miles away I can't simply call and or just come over to hang out play with bikes eat good food and talk with truly good people anymore. So I guess I'm saying I'll be bummed to see your gifts that you share, squelched by someone. Cheers none the less and rock on.

PS hopefully I'm not "anybody"..... And I typed this from my phone so pardon errors.
    Just cause your far away doesn't mean I dont think of you as a close friend! Obviously your not anybody
    KillerKaw

Turbo member #28

BOTM October 2011

03 1224RTI ZRX (TURBO/Intercooled)
    8 psi= 195 hp
    15 psi= 242 hp/183 TQ
    20 psi=

72 CB750K2 (custom)
    01 ZRX 1200R Green
    01 KLR 650 custom silver
    some stinkin Virago

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Oh happy happy day!

People are like rivers. They go crooked when they always take the path of least resistance

Jethro

Quote Originally Posted by Funzeeker View Post

Now look here, I'm not typing a paragraph long, what would John T call it??? Lol. Cannot even imagine, lol! If Tom and I lived close, we would be legends, I feel your loss, but he aint going nowhere,
    or ifn he does, he will be back one day

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by Downunder View Post
    nice JohnT. I was in line to buy one of these. Thanks for f@cking things up for the rest of us. Your relentless pursuit of KK is annoying Even from this side of the planet. Please find another hobby.

Best I can tell JT hasn't posted in this thread since last month. I don't know what happens behind the scenes but something doesn't add up.

Give me a call please Tom, I know your word means something to you. Gary
    ZRXOA #631

c10's best friend

Quote Originally Posted by gary newton View Post
    Best I can tell JT hasn't posted in this thread since last month. I don't know what happens behind the scenes but something doesn't add up.

Give me a call please Tom, I know your word means something to you. Gary
    JT posted early yesterday morning, that's what set Tom off. Now it's magically disappeared.
    Iron Butt Association #18591

.._...|..\_____________________|_
    ....../ `---___________---- _____|]
    ...../_==o;;;;;;;;__ __________.:/
    .....), ---.(_(__) /
    ....// // \ )
    ...//___//
    ..//___//
    .//___//

Mod/Admin

Quote Originally Posted by ZRX Mitch View Post
    JT posted early yesterday morning, that's what set Tom off. Now it's magically disappeared.
    It's in a different forum now , criticism isn't allowed in this forum. Kinda like the for sale forum.

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo View Post
    It's in a different forum now , criticism isn't allowed in this forum. Kinda like the for sale forum.
    Got it. Thanks for the update. I've been away a couple of days.
    ZRXOA #631

c10's best friend

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo View Post
    Iron Butt Association #18591

.._...|..\_____________________|_
    ....../ `---___________---- _____|]
    ...../_==o;;;;;;;;__ __________.:/
    .....), ---.(_(__) /
    ....// // \ )
    ...//___//
    ..//___//
    .//___//

The Voice Of Reason

Quote Originally Posted by ZRX Mitch View Post
    Abra Cadabra...

Yep, This is a New forum. Rules are at the top of the page.

Future Products By ZRXOA Members: Work In Progress/Prototype/Ideas

Have fun guys.
    True Wisdom only comes from Pain.

BadAss Hooligan

Your a good guy in my book Tom......it sucks that one person can destroy so much.....

I guess one day someone higher up the chain will decide enough is enough....what goes around comes around......

Quote Originally Posted by KillerKaw View Post
    Just cause your far away doesn't mean I dont think of you as a close friend! Obviously your not anybody

Lil' Rascal's Froggy
    motorcitywho?

Quote Originally Posted by Downunder View Post
    nice JohnT. I was in line to buy one of these. Thanks for f@cking things up for the rest of us. Your relentless pursuit of KK is annoying Even from this side of the planet. Please find another hobby.
    Quote Originally Posted by demonboy5 View Post
    Your a good guy in my book Tom......it sucks that one person can destroy so much.....

I guess one day someone higher up the chain will decide enough is enough....what goes around comes around......
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    ZRXOA #8282 ZRX1109 Turbo Division Member #30 December 2012 BOTM winner
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrashoks View Post
    in my efforts to continue to copy Rob....
    Quote Originally Posted by McGovZRX View Post
    You, Sir, are a bad, bad, tasteless man. Can I marry you?????

Hooligan

Hey Tom,

Sorry to hear this JT dude got under yer skin man. I say "F" the people on this forum that want to bitch and complain and try to derail your creative talent.

As a really good friend of mine told me one time, "Don't let'em tell you how to run your business, you run your business the way you want to run it, period". If someone doesn't like your product, then "F'em" and the bitchy-ass horse they rode in on!

If you change your mind and decide you'd like to sell one of those left-over stell stems, I'd really love to pay you for it. Sent a PM a few weeks back.

Hang tough dude!
    "If at first you don't succeed, keep on suckin' 'till you do suc-ceed" One of The Three Stooges

Jethro

Quote Originally Posted by zrxrob View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

See you in Suches Tom
    Last edited by Jethro; 04-24-2013 at 01:27 PM.

BadAss Hooligan

I haven't been around too much lately but sure hate to read you're throwing in the towel on your products Tom. From what I've read I can understand your frustration.
    Always enjoyed reading what you have to say, you're a talented guy and it's a shame.

Enjoyed the few times we've met and hope to see you sometime in the near future.......maybe Bristol on a Thursday night!

Dan
    Turbo Division Member # 6

WHY I STAND:
    The American Flag does not fly because the wind moves past it. The American Flag flies from the last breath of each military member who has died protecting it.

In Charge of McGov Only

Okay, lets all just stop in this thread and lets turn it back into what Tom wanted it for.

This is not a request.

Bad Ass Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by Ca Pete View Post
    Okay, lets all just stop in this thread and lets turn it back into what Tom wanted it for.

This is not a request.
    KillerKaw

Turbo member #28

BOTM October 2011

03 1224RTI ZRX (TURBO/Intercooled)
    8 psi= 195 hp
    15 psi= 242 hp/183 TQ
    20 psi=

72 CB750K2 (custom)
    01 ZRX 1200R Green
    01 KLR 650 custom silver
    some stinkin Virago

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Oh happy happy day!

People are like rivers. They go crooked when they always take the path of least resistance

CRACKERMAN

Quote Originally Posted by KWICK View Post
    Sign me up for one Tom, someday I might build a ZRX with an upside down fork.
    maybe, maybe not
    Quote Originally Posted by John T View Post
    Isaac is NOT a zrx purist.

2010 YTRAP Award Winner

Hey Tom if you're ever stoopid enough to make anything ever again & post it to this board, put me down for a stem. Keep the dirty side down bud. Or up, if that's how ya swing.
    "America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." - Claire Wolfe, November, 1995

"this planet is one giant retard factory" - philobeddoe, 2009-12-03