+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17
    Rock n Roll Motormouth
    between the Rivers. ST.LOUIS MO.(St. Charles)

Re: Groovydoobie had a heart attack last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Groovydoobie View Post
    hope y'all don't mind if I stick around here, y'all are family to me and I couldn't imagine ever leaving y'all.
    be well my friends.

Derrick

so, after typing that reply, I go back and start reading the thread again with all the well wishes from everyone,
    and now my eyes are all wet and I realize how lucky I am to have so many great people that I can call my friends.
    Groovy!
    Glad your doing well. Keep us informed on how you like the Beemer.

PS. you still playing a little stick and puck?
    _________________________________________________________________________________________

Life needs more .001 GREEN LIGHTS!

The Busa Cop

Glad your still here , and riding two wheels !

It no longer matters how fast I once was .

Quote Originally Posted by KWICK View Post
    Motor is in.

c10, I love Ewe

BadAss Hooligan

Derrick, glad I can call you my friend as well. I miss hanging with ya !
    Your as much a part of this place as anyone. You cant leave
    WGARA........ (Thanks G).....
    Ytrap.......
    ZRXOA # 3545

2001 BLACK ZRX !!!!
    2000 BMW k1200LT

Faster black one! All other are green with envy.

NS Hooligan

just dawned on me that I haven't said hello to y'all in this thread for quite a while.
    hope everyone is doing well. I'm still doing good. not sure if everyone knows, but I sold my beloved ZRX this week.
    and I bought myself a 2016 BMW S1000R. after 18 years with old gal, it was time to let her go and move on to something a little more "fresh". a good buddy who lives close by has her now, and promised me conjugal visits and rides, so she'll never be really far away from me....lol. hope y'all don't mind if I stick around here, y'all are family to me and I couldn't imagine ever leaving y'all.
    be well my friends.

Derrick

so, after typing that reply, I go back and start reading the thread again with all the well wishes from everyone,
    and now my eyes are all wet and I realize how lucky I am to have so many great people that I can call my friends.

At least paint that beamer green eh...
    let the good times roll #5538 http://www.mustangcanada.com Mark's big boys toys 2004zrx 1200 2004 supercharged mustang GT 2007 400 burgman[crashed] ,2000 zx9r sold: 2004 650classic my old 750 honda. new toy2011,103streetglide

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by mod95red View Post
    At least paint that beamer green eh...
    Or at least post a video of you riding it on one wheel once you get used to it.

New Rules, Can't Say...

President of the ZRXOA

Thank goodness you donít need a ZRX to be a part of this place!

Doesnít matter what bike you ride, the ZRXOA is about brotherhood, not bikes.

But you already knew that. Glad youíre still here
    Arash (pronounced "our-ash")

CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

2005 Green RessuREXtion - Amateur 1224 & Six Speed Installation - Oct 2015 BOTM - Yamaha R6 - Aprilia RS250s

NS Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by Surfdancer View Post
    Or at least post a video of you riding it on one wheel once you get used to it.
    yup
    let the good times roll #5538 http://www.mustangcanada.com Mark's big boys toys 2004zrx 1200 2004 supercharged mustang GT 2007 400 burgman[crashed] ,2000 zx9r sold: 2004 650classic my old 750 honda. new toy2011,103streetglide

Born In The USA

Glad to hear you are doing well!
    You'll never know how fast you can go, until you go too fast.

I have discovered that half of being a good rebel is knowing what to rebel against.

2014 Ninja 1000

2005 ZX10

1981 GPz550

Father Joe

Derrick

Right back atchya Groov.

And I can't wait for these next 4 weeks to pass. Cuz I get to say those famous 4 words to you: See You In Suches!!!
    I'm not completely useless. I can always be used as a bad example.

The People's rear loading pink Beach Bomb.

Kwackifoofoo

President Emeritus

Hey Groovie, what ever happened to the astroturf bike?

King Bob

Hi Derrick - glad to hear from you
    Hope you are working on some astroturf for the Beamer

Born In The USA

While we are on the subject, how is your recovery coming, Bob?

I have discovered that half of being a good rebel is knowing what to rebel against.

2014 Ninja 1000

2005 ZX10

1981 GPz550

King Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Cadman View Post
    While we are on the subject, how is your recovery coming, Bob?
    I'm doing ok, still having some ongoing issues (leg, ankle and hip pain) and the docs are starting to say I will likely have some permanent issues. Also, I have a problem with my hip that will likely require replacement sometime in the future as well as possible shoulder surgery.
    I'm still going to physio twice a week, I've gotten to know the staff at the clinic really well and they are super nice.
    Sleeping is rough, I wake up continuously during the night so many days I find myself fading as the day progresses so I find going to work tough. I am still working 3 days a week and on modified duties as I can't go out on the shop floor or out to any of our construction sites. I'm lucky in that work has been very supportive (for now) which is how they should be considering I've been with them for almost 30 years.

To be honest, there are days I get discouraged as I never expected my recovery to take so long but I try to stay positive and look at how far I've come since the accident and I know it could have been a lot worse.

Born In The USA

You are a tougher man than I.

Glad to hear there is progress, even if it is slow.

2014 Ninja 1000

2005 ZX10

1981 GPz550

BadAss Hooligan

Muffler he offered up is least of our concerns then. Hope he gets better and makes a full recovery. My best wishes for his family at this time. Forgive my not seeing that this was an older post to start with. Let us know if you still want to sell the muffler and how much. Hope you are doing well. Thanks for trying to help manbearpig out.

I went to hell and back and I didn't like it
    THE Wheelie King

Quote Originally Posted by Red Rex II View Post
    Muffler he offered up is least of our concerns then. Hope he gets better and makes a full recovery. My best wishes for his family at this time. Forgive my not seeing that this was an older post to start with. Let us know if you still want to sell the muffler and how much. Hope you are doing well. Thanks for trying to help manbearpig out.
    oh, thnxs for the concern. but I'm doing fine now. my heart attack was in 2012.
    and I'm sorry, the muffler was already dibbed by another member.

I went to hell and back and I didn't like it
    THE Wheelie King

Quote Originally Posted by Ca Pete View Post
    Hey Groovie, what ever happened to the astroturf bike?
    a buddy of mine bought the astro-turf bodywork as well. hell, he even bought my leather suit, jacket, and helmet...lol.

BadAss Hooligan

Glad to hear your OK groovie. Probably the coolest canuck I've ever met. Sad to hear about passing on the rezlx but the s1000r is pretty sweet.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2000 ZRX1100 - Mad Max black 1109 with full kerker exhaust with custom baffle, pod filters, ZX Cams, ZX11 ECU +2 advancer, and 6spd trans and CVK40's with a prototype jet kit. Ridden daily and rarely clean.
    1997 KDX 200 - Tons of blingy parts on a crap bike. Imagine a Roadkill dirtbike...

2006 XC90 V8 AWD - A bit of this, a bit of that and a whole ton of dog hair.
    1982 Porsche 928 - A serious PITA, but I can't get rid of it till it's working.

King Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Cadman View Post
    You are a tougher man than I.

I doubt that .....................

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by Bob05 View Post
    I'm doing ok, still having some ongoing issues (leg, ankle and hip pain) and the docs are starting to say I will likely have some permanent issues. Also, I have a problem with my hip that will likely require replacement sometime in the future as well as possible shoulder surgery.
    I'm still going to physio twice a week, I've gotten to know the staff at the clinic really well and they are super nice.
    Sleeping is rough, I wake up continuously during the night so many days I find myself fading as the day progresses so I find going to work tough. I am still working 3 days a week and on modified duties as I can't go out on the shop floor or out to any of our construction sites. I'm lucky in that work has been very supportive (for now) which is how they should be considering I've been with them for almost 30 years.

To be honest, there are days I get discouraged as I never expected my recovery to take so long but I try to stay positive and look at how far I've come since the accident and I know it could have been a lot worse.

Hang in there. If the hip keeps you awake, and I know from my own experience , try speeding up a replacement surgery. It will drain your energy and cause more pains due to compensating. I have the replaced hip for 19 years now and it changes everything back to normal. Every step helps.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Moto G (5) Plus met Tapatalk