Hi Guys, so I did the unthinkable, abandon Honda for a Kawasaki (the only other brand I would ride). I was out with my f4i couple weeks ago; parked next to a zrx1200, and having never seen one before fell in love instantly. So I sold my sportbike, and got this! What a joy to ride this thing!!!
Now this thing is SOO different from what im use to, mechanically wise that is. So if some of you experts can just throw out some quick knowledge, Ill try to make this is as painless as possible.
1) Is the headlight shaking on freeways/uneven roads normal or is my headlight loose?
2) Are these stock levers?
3) Do our keys really have transponders in them? I need a spare made but obviously a transponder makes things more complicated. ('02 California model)
4) I have a rear end 'wiggle' if there is any bump while turning at higher speeds. Or also if I swerve, the rear end follow a second later, a strange trait. Loose swingarm or normal?
5) Any tips for this rust?
6) How do I remove that cover circled in red? I have thick oil around that area and the bottom; cant tell if shift-shaft seal or chain lube.
7) What frame sliders are these? Left side mount looks strong, but right side is only on engine case and might break it in fall. Should I just take this off; is there a better slider?
Hope I havent overwhelmed anyone; I do have questions im still searching for (evap canister under seat, suspension adjustments for my weight, etc)