+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    BadAss Hooligan

Re: Wheel Lights installed!!

Quote Originally Posted by chrly View Post
    Let me put it this way. I will continue to ride in a manner that is determined by my belief that EVERY car out there is going to either pull in front of me/ run into me from the rear or if on mliti lanes, will move into my 'space" .
    There have been tests done to prove that the human brain sees what it expects to see . The majority of the drivers out there have no association with motorcycles and therefore when they see a single headlight , for instance, their brain registers it as a car with one headlight out OR and this is the killer, a car that is so far down the road the two headlights appear as one, giving them plenty of time to make that left turn into its path. Result dead motorcyclist..

In my opinion, the most important thing Motorcyclists could do for their own safety is to have a ride-with-a-motorcylist week where every driver got to spend a day on a motorcycle . At least then, their brain would have a base , albeit tiny, from which to recognize us on the roadway.

If my slightly exaggerated "Invisible" concept keeps people thinking/talking about the dangers we face as riders, then I will keep adhering to the concept
    Hey chrly, If it keeps you feeling safe and alive I wish you the best with it, It just seemed a little off to me so i thought i would ask you so I could clarify it in my head, Keep the shiny side up.

Hooligan

its true

the single piece of riding advice i give i this..

pretend that everyone is trying to kill you and make it look like an accident
    02 ZRX1200R
    1983 KZ750

BadAss Hooligan

Treewizard the lights look sharp, I might be interested, but i don't care for unwanted attention from cops, which brings me to this I've seen several post stating that its illeagal in some states, the states that it is leagal how do the LEO's react to them?

SkunkWorks

16 year old rich punks in Subaru WRX's run them...or used to in AZ...and the Cops go after them like Oprah after a Ding-Dong.

If they are actually legal in your town/state, I would not want the attention they'd draw from Law Enforcement on the road.

ooooooooooooo

WARNING: ELS Products MAY CONTAIN, or be Made With, Patented Parts, Tools, Components and/or Apparati. Manufacturing Facility DOES Contain Nuts.

PayPal to: Pete@Hyper-Formance.com
    Or: www.PayPal.me/KWICK
    Pete Aronson
    315 West Elliot Road
    Suites 107-487
    Tempe, AZ 85284
    602-397-4869.

Beetle Bagged Hooligan
    KotF Firestarter

Quote Originally Posted by KWICK View Post
    16 year old rich punks in Subaru WRX's run them...or used to in AZ...and the Cops go after them like Oprah after a Ding-Dong.

If they are actually legal in your town/state, I would not want the attention they'd draw from Law Enforcement on the road.
    Yep, NY cops love to hand out tickets for certain colors related to EMTs, firemen & such.
    To much for my taste.

My buddy has 6 blue LEDs on the underside of his 'Wing that really do nothing but look ga~hee, he runs them when he's parked to give off a little outline show. Waste of $$ but he likes 'em on his dirty bike that never gets cleaned....
    "Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly"

ZRXOA # 5243