+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 65
  1. #31
    Devils’ Advocate
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Large and Prickley

    Re: How much money would it cost to go back to the old stable server?

    Nothing cryptic about it.

    iMav has given us the usage of $10,000 to $20,000 worth of server for...ready...free.

    There are a few teething problems, but it'll be fine.

    Anyone who wants to donate $10,000 to pay for a new server contract, please do.

    ooooooooooooo

    WARNING: ELS Products MAY CONTAIN, or be Made With, Patented Parts, Tools, Components and/or Apparati. Manufacturing Facility DOES Contain Nuts.

    PayPal to: Pete@Hyper-Formance.com
    Or: www.PayPal.me/KWICK
    Pete Aronson
    315 West Elliot Road
    Suites 107-487
    Tempe, AZ 85284
    602-397-4869.

  2. #32
    Super Moderator
    Have guns.
    YOU travel.

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Loveland, CO..

    Re: How much money would it cost to go back to the old stable server?

    Quote Originally Posted by GA Limited GM View Post
    Jim- I just typed you a long reply and my PC ate it.....your number still end in 81?
    Well tried that number and got an
    other "Jim" I gotta start making notes.
    “I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein

  3. #33
    I came to ride
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Little Rock, Arkansas

    Re: How much money would it cost to go back to the old stable server?

    I've been part of the IT staff with my company for 21 years, and we've never had a new system rollout without some glitches. Of course, the same people bitched and moaned about how much better the old way was and how much better they could have done it.
    .
    .
    '99 ZRX1100, Akropovic, jet kit
    '13 FJR1300, Givi touring stuff

  4. #34
    BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    London, UK

    Re: How much money would it cost to go back to the old stable server?

    for what its worth, my vintage computer, with windows 95 is still chugging along

    I appreciate all the work that goes into this board, I can deal with the few glitches here and there. When its down, its a reminder to me to get off the damn computer, and actually go out riding.

    With that, if the system goes down on a rainy day, & I cant ride, then, I may complain a little bit

  5. #35
    I thought that earlier, but figgered I'd keep my mouth shut...
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    On the Group W bench....

    Re: How much money would it cost to go back to the old stable server?

    Quote Originally Posted by GA Limited GM View Post
    Well tried that number and got an
    other "Jim" I gotta start making notes.

    ....happens when you get old.
    Paul
    ZRXOA #4325

    '99 ZRX 1100
    '87 944S
    '00 ES 300
    '05 FXHO


    "The last time the meteors came, we thought the sky was on fire. Naturally, we blamed the Irish. We hanged more 'n a few."... Grandpa Simpson

    Quote Originally Posted by BarbRN View Post
    Look at all the invites! darn, if only I had an engine on my broom!

    Quote Originally Posted by youngzrxer View Post
    ....For gods sake I am such a pussy
    "This is a dangerous world, and this cat isn’t remotely qualified to handle it. This guy has no clue, I promise you." G. W. Bush on Obama


    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

  6. #36
    c10's best friend
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Tomball, Tx.

    Re: How much money would it cost to go back to the old stable server?

    Well damn, I thought the upgrade was so the nerds to have their Tapatalk or whatever....



    JT, aren't you the President elect of that other board or sumptin? Snare or whatever it is?
    Iron Butt Association #18591

    .._...|..\_____________________|_
    ....../ `---___________---- _____|]
    ...../_==o;;;;;;;;__ __________.:/
    .....), ---.(_(__) /
    ....// // \ )
    ...//___//
    ..//___//
    .//___//

  7. #37
    Devils’ Advocate
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Large and Prickley

    Re: How much money would it cost to go back to the old stable server?

    Quote Originally Posted by ZRX Mitch View Post
    Well damn, I thought the upgrade was so the nerds to have their Tapatalk or whatever....



    JT, aren't you the President elect of that other board or sumptin? Snare or whatever it is?
    Snag or Snapper isn't it?

    ooooooooooooo

    WARNING: ELS Products MAY CONTAIN, or be Made With, Patented Parts, Tools, Components and/or Apparati. Manufacturing Facility DOES Contain Nuts.

    PayPal to: Pete@Hyper-Formance.com
    Or: www.PayPal.me/KWICK
    Pete Aronson
    315 West Elliot Road
    Suites 107-487
    Tempe, AZ 85284
    602-397-4869.

  8. #38
    Hogan
    Guest

    Re: How much money would it cost to go back to the old stable server?

    Quote Originally Posted by ZRX Mitch View Post
    JT, aren't you the President elect of that other board or sumptin? Snare or whatever it is?
    Wasn't he the founding member & brainchild for it ?

  9. #39
    I came to ride
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Little Rock, Arkansas

    Re: How much money would it cost to go back to the old stable server?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    for what its worth, my vintage computer, with windows 95 is still chugging along

    I appreciate all the work that goes into this board, I can deal with the few glitches here and there. When its down, its a reminder to me to get off the damn computer, and actually go out riding.

    With that, if the system goes down on a rainy day, & I cant ride, then, I may complain a little bit
    It's raining here today. I wuz lost. Then my wife put me to work at the store. I should have gone riding anyway
    .
    .
    '99 ZRX1100, Akropovic, jet kit
    '13 FJR1300, Givi touring stuff

  10. #40
    c10's best friend
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Tomball, Tx.

    Re: How much money would it cost to go back to the old stable server?

    Quote Originally Posted by KWICK View Post
    Snag or Snapper isn't it?
    Snore?
    Iron Butt Association #18591

    .._...|..\_____________________|_
    ....../ `---___________---- _____|]
    ...../_==o;;;;;;;;__ __________.:/
    .....), ---.(_(__) /
    ....// // \ )
    ...//___//
    ..//___//
    .//___//

  11. #41
    Devils’ Advocate
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Large and Prickley

    Re: How much money would it cost to go back to the old stable server?

    SMEAR ?

    ooooooooooooo

    WARNING: ELS Products MAY CONTAIN, or be Made With, Patented Parts, Tools, Components and/or Apparati. Manufacturing Facility DOES Contain Nuts.

    PayPal to: Pete@Hyper-Formance.com
    Or: www.PayPal.me/KWICK
    Pete Aronson
    315 West Elliot Road
    Suites 107-487
    Tempe, AZ 85284
    602-397-4869.

  12. #42
    BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    SoCal

    Re: How much money would it cost to go back to the old stable server?

    What a bunch of fuggin' high school girls

  13. #43
    Bitches Be Krazy....
    What the HELL!!!!

    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Kingman AZ

    Re: How much money would it cost to go back to the old stable server?

    Quote Originally Posted by KWICK View Post

    Anyone who wants to donate $10,000 to pay for a new server contract, please do.


    I`ll buy a server ,,, You pay me 1,000.00 a month with a 2yr contract and a 10,000.00 early disconnection fee
    Team Short



    2010 KTM RC8r 1198
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX 1224r (Green) Rocket --- MAY 2015 BOTM
    2001 Kawasaki zrx 1200r (Black) KCR Cafe Bike--- JULY 2015 BOTM
    2003 Kawasaki ZRX 1200r (Red)
    2005 Kawasaki ZX10R Track Bike
    2000 Honda XR650R ( Plated ) Dual Sport

    Sprich nicht mit mir, du verrückter Mann!

  14. #44
    In Charge of McGov Only
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Lakewood, Ca

    Re: How much money would it cost to go back to the old stable server?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trigrnzrx View Post
    I`ll buy a server ,,, You pay me 1,000.00 a month with a 2yr contract and a 10,000.00 early disconnection fee
    Why would we pay you 1,000 a month, we have one now for free?

  15. #45
    Bitches Be Krazy....
    What the HELL!!!!

    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Kingman AZ

    Re: How much money would it cost to go back to the old stable server?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ca Pete View Post
    Why would we pay you 1,000 a month, we have one now for free?
    These clowns think free isnt good enough Dumb azz`s
    Team Short



    2010 KTM RC8r 1198
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX 1224r (Green) Rocket --- MAY 2015 BOTM
    2001 Kawasaki zrx 1200r (Black) KCR Cafe Bike--- JULY 2015 BOTM
    2003 Kawasaki ZRX 1200r (Red)
    2005 Kawasaki ZX10R Track Bike
    2000 Honda XR650R ( Plated ) Dual Sport

    Sprich nicht mit mir, du verrückter Mann!

  16. #46
    BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    47330

    Re: How much money would it cost to go back to the old stable server?

    And life is good
    Quote Originally Posted by chrly View Post
    A lot of the fun is going out of this place at a real quick pace .

    Got a sloppy shifter? I can fix that
    http://www.zrxoa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=222626



    Jims_rex 4430

  17. #47
    Super Moderator
    Have guns.
    YOU travel.

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Loveland, CO..

    Re: How much money would it cost to go back to the old stable server?

    Quote Originally Posted by Special Ed View Post
    I've been part of the IT staff with my company for 21 years, and we've never had a new system rollout without some glitches. Of course, the same people bitched and moaned about how much better the old way was and how much better they could have done it.


    I did construction for 17 years. Everyone wanted a new street, no one wanted to be blocked from their driveway for one minute.


    Quote Originally Posted by RixRex View Post
    What a bunch of fuggin' high school girls
    “I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein

  18. #48
    The Voice Of Reason
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Under a Rock

    Re: How much money would it cost to go back to the old stable server?

    Quote Originally Posted by KWICK View Post
    Snag or Snapper isn't it?
    I'd shag yer snapper....
    True Wisdom only comes from Pain.

  19. #49
    Promise Keeper
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    There are two times when you can have too much ammo: When you are on fire or drowning. At All other times, it is better to have too much vs. not enough

    Re: How much money would it cost to go back to the old stable server?

    Quote Originally Posted by TGHW View Post
    First of all, this is not an insinuation of any wrong doing by anyone. I'm also appreciative of iMav's contributions to try provide a donated service. I'm just curious so I'm asking.

    If the previous server was costing the board $1000 a month and it was obviously being paid I have to assume (by sponsors and member donations), what is being done with all of those funds now that they are not being spent to provide a stable server?



    TG
    Before you make any assumptions about any kind of money the board has or money spent think about this AMAZING but true fact.

    Of the 8,000 members of this board there are 200 yes 200 of them that make/ have made regular donations. Think about that then get back with me before you start asking where all the money went.
    ZRXOA#495 Defend your name to the last breath. At the end of the day, it is all we have in life.
    While you may not get any satisfaction at least you will be heard and will have told your side of the story.


  20. #50
    Promise Keeper
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    There are two times when you can have too much ammo: When you are on fire or drowning. At All other times, it is better to have too much vs. not enough

    Re: How much money would it cost to go back to the old stable server?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jims_rex View Post
    I think it would be very easy to collect enough funds to go back to where we were a few months ago.
    You know when there was never a hic-up, never a day with no service, never had to "re-set to three days ago"
    Im sure there were good reasons for the change, but really!!!!!!!!??????????????????????
    Read my reply above this one
    ZRXOA#495 Defend your name to the last breath. At the end of the day, it is all we have in life.
    While you may not get any satisfaction at least you will be heard and will have told your side of the story.


  21. #51
    Color Monitor
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin

    Re: How much money would it cost to go back to the old stable server?

    Quote Originally Posted by RC51rider View Post
    Before you make any assumptions about any kind of money the board has or money spent think about this AMAZING but true fact.

    Of the 8,000 members of this board there are 200 yes 200 of them that make/ have made regular donations. Think about that then get back with me before you start asking where all the money went.



    I didn't make any assumtions other than what I specificaly stated; which was that the previous server was being paid for by donations and sponsors. Are you disputing that??

    I asked a simple question and it was already answered quite satifactorily by Pete previously in this thread.


    TG
    Last edited by TGHW; 05-13-2012 at 01:02 AM.
    TGHW
    ZRXOA #5590
    Welcome to Wisconsin....Come smell our Dairy air !!


  22. #52
    Anything other than BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    San Francisco

    Re: How much money would it cost to go back to the old stable server?

    One gets what one pays for. In this case, I think we're way ahead. Thanks to all the guys who keep it running. When you guys volunteer like that, you lower the price of complaining. Rookie move.

    I understand that even asking for money from all of us is a freaking job. Still, someone should get on that. Instead of spending time schooling ingrates and illiterates about familial obligations and server space, post up a funding drive FFS. Load it with guilt. Do it repeatedly. As our friend KWICK would say, "Lather, rinse, repeat."

    Some of us have no bread; some of us do.

    How about a $5 monthly subscription to premium content, like the P&R beatdowns I hand out to people like JT on a regular basis? Philo's stuff is half marketable across the board. This stuff shouldn't be free. Let's bilk the one percent and fund the OA.

    Almost all ZRX questions have been answered, you guys are mostly fat, and most of the mods going on are to posts, not bikes.

    AARZRXP dues, baby.
    Member #1 - AARZRXP

    Quote Originally Posted by ckempf View Post
    Somebody wants to destroy/kill you, kill them back.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdaRex View Post
    Hard working unionists are like unicorns, they simply don't exist. People that want to work for a living don't join unions.



  23. #53
    Promise Keeper
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    There are two times when you can have too much ammo: When you are on fire or drowning. At All other times, it is better to have too much vs. not enough

    Re: How much money would it cost to go back to the old stable server?

    Quote Originally Posted by JoRay31 View Post
    One gets what one pays for. In this case, I think we're way ahead. Thanks to all the guys who keep it running. When you guys volunteer like that, you lower the price of complaining. Rookie move.

    I understand that even asking for money from all of us is a freaking job. Still, someone should get on that. Instead of spending time schooling ingrates and illiterates about familial obligations and server space, post up a funding drive FFS. Load it with guilt. Do it repeatedly. As our friend KWICK would say, "Lather, rinse, repeat."

    Some of us have no bread; some of us do.

    How about a $5 monthly subscription to premium content, like the P&R beatdowns I hand out to people like JT on a regular basis? Philo's stuff is half marketable across the board. This stuff shouldn't be free. Let's bilk the one percent and fund the OA.

    Almost all ZRX questions have been added, you guys are mostly fat, and most of the mods going on are to posts, not bikes.

    AARZRXP dues, baby.
    I like your style. I am pretty sure Kwik has some fundraiser threads posted as stickies
    ZRXOA#495 Defend your name to the last breath. At the end of the day, it is all we have in life.
    While you may not get any satisfaction at least you will be heard and will have told your side of the story.


  24. #54
    In Charge of McGov Only
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Lakewood, Ca

    Re: How much money would it cost to go back to the old stable server?

    Quote Originally Posted by JoRay31 View Post
    One gets what one pays for. In this case, I think we're way ahead. Thanks to all the guys who keep it running. When you guys volunteer like that, you lower the price of complaining. Rookie move.

    I understand that even asking for money from all of us is a freaking job. Still, someone should get on that. Instead of spending time schooling ingrates and illiterates about familial obligations and server space, post up a funding drive FFS. Load it with guilt. Do it repeatedly. As our friend KWICK would say, "Lather, rinse, repeat."

    Some of us have no bread; some of us do.

    How about a $5 monthly subscription to premium content, like the P&R beatdowns I hand out to people like JT on a regular basis? Philo's stuff is half marketable across the board. This stuff shouldn't be free. Let's bilk the one percent and fund the OA.

    Almost all ZRX questions have been answered, you guys are mostly fat, and most of the mods going on are to posts, not bikes.

    AARZRXP dues, baby.

    A classic for sure. AARZRXP

  25. #55
    Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Columbus, WI

    Re: How much money would it cost to go back to the old stable server?

    Feel free to enjoy the NEW, stable server. Hardware is stable and nightly backups are working well.
    -=iMav=-
    ZRXOA #1029
    IBA #54185

  26. #56
    BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    47330

    Re: How much money would it cost to go back to the old stable server?

    Quote Originally Posted by iMav View Post
    Feel free to enjoy the NEW, stable server. Hardware is stable and nightly backups are working well.
    Thank you for all that you are doing
    Quote Originally Posted by chrly View Post
    A lot of the fun is going out of this place at a real quick pace .

    Got a sloppy shifter? I can fix that
    http://www.zrxoa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=222626



    Jims_rex 4430

  27. #57
    BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    London, UK

    Re: How much money would it cost to go back to the old stable server?

    I would gladly pay $5 a month, just for the stupid picture challenge that I seem to be addicted to.

  28. #58
    Lil' Rascal's Froggy
    motorcitywho?

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Chattavegas Tn

    Re: How much money would it cost to go back to the old stable server?

    Quote Originally Posted by iMav View Post
    Feel free to enjoy the NEW, stable server. Hardware is stable and nightly backups are working well.
    Thanks bro
    ZRXOA #8282 ZRX1109 Turbo Division Member #30 December 2012 BOTM winner
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrashoks View Post
    in my efforts to continue to copy Rob....
    Quote Originally Posted by McGovZRX View Post
    You, Sir, are a bad, bad, tasteless man. Can I marry you?????

  29. #59
    A Southern man needs no introduction to the "boys" at work.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Denham Springs Louisiana, 10 miles East of Baton Rouge

    Re: How much money would it cost to go back to the old stable server?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    I would gladly pay $5 a month, just for the stupid picture challenge that I seem to be addicted to.
    $ 60.00 a year is less than the cost of a soft drink or a beer a week.
    Remember to tell your Family and Friends how you feel about them, you may never get the chance to do so again.


  30. #60
    BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    London, UK

    Re: How much money would it cost to go back to the old stable server?

    Ive spent $60 on worse things.


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.7
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:49 PM.
vBulletin 4.0 skin by CompleteVB