+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Honey Badger...Oh My Gawd!

lowering links.. of sorts

Any fabricators wanna build a set. a tad measuring and machining... i could use 2 sets.

http://www.japan-webike.it/products/19872781.html

Name:  0420-k99-00.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  60.9 KB

Name:  0420-k99-00-2.jpg
Views: 419
Size:  82.0 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead119;
    It will either go REALLY fast... or blow up spectacularly!!
    I've done both at the same time.... does that count for something??
    Almost as many ZRX Parts as h2o tech ....

1999 ZRX1200 Turbo currently PRE-Boom

Been down that road more than twice...

Re: lowering links.. of sorts

Don't get that crap started again about stealing someone else's bread and butter and copyright infringements and all that...

Hooligan

I'd buy two sets, if the price isn't insane.............. If someone thinks SERIOUSLY about doing them.. PM me, Please!

I love boobies!!!

Damn, they want good money for them.
    CURRENT ZRX PICTURE CHALLENGE!: [url]
    http://www.zrxoa.org/forums/showthread.php?336273-ZRX-Picture-Challenge-Game-Vol.-VIII!!

Quote Originally Posted by Quagmire View Post
    Giggity!!!!
    ZRX oil filters:
    Napa- 4941
    Fram-CH6012
    K&N-KN-401
    Purolator-L14612

BadAss
    Polish-American

Living in DavidABQ's second home, a cardboard box outside a strip club in beautiful downtown Corunna, Michigan.

How much do they lower the bike?

The design looks trick, but it's an expensive bit of machining. A simpler design would lend itself to more cost effective production and a better price for the customer.

The Voice Of Reason
    Quote Originally Posted by RK-REX View Post
    A simpler design would lend itself to more cost effective production and a better price for the customer.
    Your Hired.
    True Wisdom only comes from Pain.

The Voice Of Reason
    You'r
    You are
    Your
    Yer
    Yore
    Youre

Hired.

BadAss
    Polish-American

Living in DavidABQ's second home, a cardboard box outside a strip club in beautiful downtown Corunna, Michigan.

I'd need to get ahold of a shock or just the bottom part and a chunk of swingarm. Maybe someone who's cut one up for bracing another would have a shock mount maybe?

King of Kazmania

Quote Originally Posted by John T
    You'r
    You are
    Your
    Yer
    Yore
    Youre

Hired.
    U R

Get with the 21st century

" 'tis far better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"
    - Someone

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on,
    or by imbeciles who really mean it."
    - Someone else

SAY WHAT YOU MEAN, DO WHAT YOU SAY

BadAss
    Polish-American

Anyone have any pieces parts laying around?

anyone... please. PLEASE. i know there are chopped up stock arms. and a blown shock lying around. we (being me) can come up with shipping $ to get the stock scrap parts to you.

Rk-Rex are you seruois about this? do you think you can make em?

you got 4 orders here and likely a whole lot more if we broadcast it.

BadAss Hooligan

unbeknownst to me, there eveidently was some strife with the wendor in the link i posted, so i have removed the link
    Last edited by Rexter; 04-21-2012 at 12:22 PM.

Just calle Frank at monkey wrench cycles.

"Apparently" he's had 25-30 people contact him about these for the zrx over the last year, some from zrxoa and others from TWT.

he wants to make them in a batch of 50-100 units at a time. and would prefer steel as opposed to 6061 alum as its pricy. he said he sold the first set for "a couple hundred bucks but can't remember for sure as it was years ago"

he is only going to make them if we get a large order going. not to be a prick but i'd rather send that kind of order to a fellow rexer.

Rk-Rex, you up for it if we get a few more orders in? Any other machinists got time and wanna do an easy project?

Anyone want to get in a potential line for purchase??? (pending pricing details) and will be sold in pairs... DUH. had to mention it cause we all know someone is gonna ask.
    1. MTLZRX (for the wifes rex)
    2. MTLZRX (for me)
    3. ZRX Mojo
    4. ZRX Mojo
    5. Saturncjc
    6. JohnT
    7. Lomax Anderson IV
    8. h2otech
    9. h2otech
    Last edited by MTLZRX; 04-25-2012 at 09:43 PM.

BadAss
    Polish-American

Quote Originally Posted by MTLZRX View Post
    Rk-Rex are you seruois about this? do you think you can make em?
    Yes, I can make them. They may not have the swooping smooth lines of the computer controlled machined stuff because my shop is filled with manual machines, but yes I can make them. I've spent the better part of my working life designing and building stuff like this for the aerospace industry, and I know this can be done in my shop.

That being said, my employer has some of the best machinery in the country and loves "special projects" so there is a chance I can do the CNC features at work and finish them here in my garage. Or keep the cost down and make them 100% in my garage. I guarantee I can make them substantially cheaper than what most are offering them for. AND, they'll be my design, not a copy of someone else's.

I'll gladly pay shipping and such for parts to use as a design/mock up model, that's no problem. I just need to get the parts in hand and get on the CAD station and design them.

BadAss
    Polish-American

I'd make them from aluminum, the material cost wont' be an issue if the lot quantity is planned correctly. We, the company I work for, buys aluminum bar and rectangular stock by the ton, I can buy it cheaper than steel in some cases. Plus aluminum is easier on tooling, keeping the overhead lower.

BadAss Hooligan

I'd make them from aluminum, the material cost wont' be an issue if the lot quantity is planned correctly. We, the company I work for, buys aluminum bar and rectangular stock by the ton, I can buy it cheaper than steel in some cases. Plus aluminum is easier on tooling, keeping the overhead lower.
    I'm in Rikk!!! I need to take a ride to your place to get my shims,......................................................and have you help me put my rear tire on. , and to buy a big batch of your salsa!

The Voice Of Reason

Count me in for a set also Rikk.

On the fence and
    On
    the "Big List"

Hey Rik, I have a set of shocks you can borrow. I need them back this winter though. And no I don't need a set of lowering blocks.. Let me know if you want them and I can drop them off sometime.

BadAss
    Polish-American

Quote Originally Posted by STEVE 2113 View Post
    Hey Rik, I have a set of shocks you can borrow. I need them back this winter though. And no I don't need a set of lowering blocks.. Let me know if you want them and I can drop them off sometime.
    Sounds good Steve, let me see if I can find a swingarm or part of one to work with and we'll be in business.

Make you a set of raising blocks?

BadAss
    Polish-American

Looking at the pics a little closer, the ones at the top of the thread are cast, not "billet" (which is a term I hate but that's another story) and that's an option too. We just built an SLA rapid prototype department and making castings are super simple with this technology. However, for a production run, I'd probably go with machined from solid, without an xray inspection, I'd not trust the casting to be free of voids and such. I've seen some scary stuff over the years.

Rik,
    You are the man.

BadAss
    Polish-American

If anyone talks to ZrxKenn, tell him to empty is PM box. He offered a set of shock mounts to borrow, but I have some questions and his ehm... box is full.

BadAss
    Polish-American

Ok, Ken is sending me lower mounts and Steve is letting me use shocks. Just waiting for it all to come together.

Kaw Killer...crash tester

I am intrested in a set...put me in line

ZRXOA # 168

2000 ZRX 1100 ... mostly stock..

All I want is to live in peace ,for that I am willing to die...

Stolen Colt Night Defender 45acp sn NDF 0311

so when is h2o tech gonna dib 2 pairs....? lol

BadAss
    Polish-American

Quote Originally Posted by ZRX Mojo View Post
    I see Censorship is alive and well, here at the ZRXOA! Who's going to be to blame, the next time, when a half Dozen Members place Orders with someone that is KNOWN to Not Deliver Product. NOT one single word of what I wrote, was not the TRUTH... in fact, I held back, a good deal of thegarbage this guy tried to pull. Maybe I should have left out the Rude comment in the middle of their company name? I'll wager that 90%+ of the Members here, would have done something similar, had they spent $250.00 on engineering drawings and then had the guy back out on YOU!

No Worries, I Will NOT bother, the next time.................. Buyer Beware!

I'm still willing to buy two sets, if they are built buy a Member.

I am not sure what item you're talking about or who the member was that burned you, but, I would really appreciate it if make it known that you are not talking about me. If someone was just scanning these posts and happened upon your above statement, it could be very easily construed that you are speaking about me and not someone else.

Thanks,

-Rikk

BadAss Hooligan

I am not sure what item you're talking about or who the member was that burned you, but, I would really appreciate it if make it known that you are not talking about me. If someone was just scanning these posts and happened upon your above statement, it could be very easily construed that you are speaking about me and not someone else.

Thanks,

-Rikk
    Who are you talking about??

The Voice Of Reason

Quote Originally Posted by ZRX Mojo View Post
    I see Censorship is alive and well, here at the ZRXOA! Who's going to be to blame, the next time, when a half Dozen Members place Orders with someone that is KNOWN to Not Deliver Product. NOT one single word of what I wrote, was not the TRUTH... in fact, I held back, a good deal of thegarbage this guy tried to pull. Maybe I should have left out the Rude comment in the middle of their company name? I'll wager that 90%+ of the Members here, would have done something similar, had they spent $250.00 on engineering drawings and then had the guy back out on YOU!

No Worries, I Will NOT bother, the next time.................. Buyer Beware!

I'm still willing to buy two sets, if they are built buy a Member.

Quote Originally Posted by compressor59 View Post
    Who are you talking about??
    +1

BadAss
    Polish-American

ZRX Mojo's post #25 two above mine.

The Voice Of Reason

ZRX Mojo's post #25 two above mine.
    I am not sure what item you're talking about or who the member was that burned you, but, I would really appreciate it if make it known that you are not talking about me.

-Rikk
    Lets try again.......

who is it?