+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    San Jose, CA

    What's up with this overzealous filing away.

    attached is an image of page 2 of "General ZRX Banter". That look may be appropriate for page 20, but definitely not page 2.

    I had a thread for troubleshooting a poor-running a bike in this high viewing rate section that got the subject line changed to
    Help! This bike wont run right. I need Tech help. PLEASE
    and a transfer to Bruce's Cemetery. WTF!? Can I please fix my bike before you bury my thread?

    Please: No more drinking and modding!!!!
    Attached Images  

  2. #2
    The Normal Hooligan
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Prince Edward Island... look it up!
    Looks to me like a bunch of forum members who don't give a damn where they post as long as it suits them !

    With 83 forums and an ability to read the titles, you'd think people would understand that there is likely a more correct place besides General Banter for their posts.

    Ban them, ban them at once, I say !
    WARNING !
    Poster tends to use sarcasm during regular communication. If a post seems offensive please re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin...


  3. #3
    Kaw Killer...crash tester
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    North Louisiana ... Usa , Earth
    Quote Originally Posted by Hance View Post
    Looks to me like a bunch of forum members who don't give a damn where they post as long as it suits them !

    With 83 forums and an ability to read the titles, you'd think people would understand that there is likely a more correct place besides General Banter for their posts.

    Ban them, ban them at once, I say !
    Or want more views ...general is pretty vague... And I do give a damn...

    mine was moved and no more views.... Thanks

    ZRXOA # 168


    2000 ZRX 1100 ... mostly stock..

    All I want is to live in peace ,for that I am willing to die...

    Stolen Colt Night Defender 45acp sn NDF 0311

  4. #4
    The Normal Hooligan
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Prince Edward Island... look it up!
    That is just my opinion and I do agree that "general" is indeed a broad term.

    If there is already a forum heading that covers the subject that would be the correct place for the posting, wouldn't it?
    Your personal desire for lots of views should not be able to supersede the guidelines of the whole forum, should it?

    Your mileage may vary!
    WARNING !
    Poster tends to use sarcasm during regular communication. If a post seems offensive please re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin...


  5. #5
    c10's best friend
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Tomball, Tx.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hance View Post
    That is just my opinion and I do agree that "general" is indeed a broad term.

    If there is already a forum heading that covers the subject that would be the correct place for the posting, wouldn't it?
    Your personal desire for lots of views should not be able to supersede the guidelines of the whole forum, should it?

    Your mileage may vary!
    So General isn't really general is it?
    Iron Butt Association #18591

    .._...|..\_____________________|_
    ....../ `---___________---- _____|]
    ...../_==o;;;;;;;;__ __________.:/
    .....), ---.(_(__) /
    ....// // \ )
    ...//___//
    ..//___//
    .//___//

  6. #6
    BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Hance View Post
    That is just my opinion and I do agree that "general" is indeed a broad term.

    If there is already a forum heading that covers the subject that would be the correct place for the posting, wouldn't it?
    Your personal desire for lots of views should not be able to supersede the guidelines of the whole forum, should it?

    Your mileage may vary!
    I don't what guidelines you're talking about, but I've been posting here since 2004 and the standard procedure was always like this:

    1. If you're having problems with your bike you post it to the general forum because it is highly monitored including by knowledgable folks who are looking forward to an opportunity to help others.

    2. You keep the thread alive and going in General until the issue is resolved by updating it.

    3. Once your issue is resolved the forum moderator decides whether your thread is worth filing away into Bruce's garage, or should be left until it withers past page 300 and into the archives.

    That's how we all have been doing it for a veeeeeeeeeeeeerrry long time.

    Other than no foul language and the subject needing to be at least somewhat ZRX related what guidelines are you talking about, fool.

  7. #7
    Just Some Random Guy
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Central VA
    Quote Originally Posted by benbaboon View Post
    Other than no foul language and the subject needing to be at least somewhat ZRX related what guidelines are you talking about, fool.
    Well the one about personal attacks springs to mind.

    .
    Last edited by AV80R; Today at 03:47 AM. Reason: No politics

    An armed man will kill an unarmed man with monotonous regularity.

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeG
    Apparently, the term "hooligan" means something completely different on this forum than what I'm used to. Apparently it's synonymous with "compliant fluffball".
    Quote Originally Posted by zrx24
    I hate these kind of threads. Half the time it's due to some other stupid shit they've done to their bike that they thought was too insignificant to mention until page 8.

  8. #8
    BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Quote Originally Posted by Hance View Post
    Looks to me like a bunch of forum members who don't give a damn where they post as long as it suits them !

    With 83 forums and an ability to read the titles, you'd think people would understand that there is likely a more correct place besides General Banter for their posts.

    Ban them, ban them at once, I say !
    Thats bullshit Bro. People post in General Banter because it is the most viewed section....if you are looking for help or something important thats the place to put it. The fact that there are 973 not needed sections on this forum...well thats just a mess. I could see after it sits there for a week...and no more responses. What is it hurting being there that it has to be moved so quickly? Ban them?? ZRXOAandCONTROLFREAKS.org
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"


  9. #9
    The Normal Hooligan
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Prince Edward Island... look it up!
    I think there are too many sections under too many thread headings! It makes things messy.
    But if every thread was in it's correct heading the forum would at least seem to have order to it.
    I don't care very much, and I didn't (can't) move anything. I was just spouting off with my opinion.

    Sorry if ya'll didn't understand that I was kidding with the "ban them" stuff.
    WARNING !
    Poster tends to use sarcasm during regular communication. If a post seems offensive please re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin...


  10. #10
    Promise Keeper
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    There are two times when you can have too much ammo: When you are on fire or drowning. At All other times, it is better to have too much vs. not enough
    Quote Originally Posted by benbaboon View Post
    attached is an image of page 2 of "General ZRX Banter". That look may be appropriate for page 20, but definitely not page 2.

    I had a thread for troubleshooting a poor-running a bike in this high viewing rate section that got the subject line changed to
    Help! This bike wont run right. I need Tech help. PLEASE
    and a transfer to Bruce's Cemetery. WTF!? Can I please fix my bike before you bury my thread?

    Please: No more drinking and modding!!!!
    I dont drink. Did you get your ride fixed or not. if so what was the problem ??
    ZRXOA#495 Defend your name to the last breath. At the end of the day, it is all we have in life.
    While you may not get any satisfaction at least you will be heard and will have told your side of the story.


  11. #11
    BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by RC51rider View Post
    I dont drink. Did you get your ride fixed or not. if so what was the problem ??
    Hmm... I gotta wonder what that moment of brilliance was all about then... any insight?

    My ride is getting there...still ascertaining root cause.

    I probably would have added all sorts of useful info to it if it was kept in the general forum all along.


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.7
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:15 AM.
vBulletin 4.0 skin by CompleteVB