+ Reply to Thread
    Licensed to Mod

Any chance of a tapatalk interface?

Hey mods!!!

Just curious if anyone has ever mentioned or asked if there is a possibility of this board taking advantage of the tapatalk interface for smart phone users? I use it to access a few other boards that I frequent and it really speeds up/simplifies browsing forums on both my ipad and iphone. From what I understand they sign up several hundred boards a month and it supposedly isn't too tough to set up(of course I am just going by what I have read). Anyway just a suggestion I thought I'ld throw out there and ask about.

Thanks.

Hooligan
    ZRXOA Member # 9052

http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k162/krisgarner/?action=view&current=VisitedStatesMap.jpg

The history:
    1995 Yamaha Virago 750
    1998 Yamaha V-Star 1100 Custom
    2005 Honda VTX 1300S
    1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100R
    1997 Honda Valkyrie

Founder, Long Riders Club
    Ol' Step & a Half

i understood that they charge access fees to the forum, thus if that holods true means it aint free to use
    if i have been told incorrectly, please disregard this
    ytrap, itchybutt, gary1129, mavrek, monkey pincher, & all those we miss you
    "ckempf" I knew this would happen. Yesterday I publicly recognized that Sillyhillbilly is a literary genius. Now your trying to imitate his style. Don't work, give it up.:nonono
    if a three person romp is called a threesome
    if a two person romp is called a twosome
    does this mean we call you handsome?
    QUOTEphilobeddoe; ]i agree with marvin, which means the world is going to explode in 10, 9, 8, 7, ...

Hooligan
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyhillbilly View Post
    i understood that they charge access fees to the forum, thus if that holods true means it aint free to use
    if i have been told incorrectly, please disregard this
    Tapatalk

It is free for the forum, and free for the user to READ. If you want to POST, then you have to buy the full program. There may be a couple of other features, like full size photos or something, that you get with the paid version too. But all the cost is on the end user, not the forum owner. Last I checked, Tapatalk was $1.99 or $2.99 for life.

http://www.tapatalk.com/
    ZRXOA Member # 9052

http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k162/krisgarner/?action=view&current=VisitedStatesMap.jpg

The history:
    1995 Yamaha Virago 750
    2005 Honda VTX 1300S
    1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100R
    1997 Honda Valkyrie

Soon to be Sizzlean
    in the Nevada Desert!

TapaTalk is AWESOME....

BadAss Hooligan
    I agree...it's the most convenient way to browse my favorite forums on my phone...I seem to remember when I bought it that they stated something to the effect of asking forum admins of forums not set up for it to "turn it on". They made it sound like it's easy to become tapatalk accessible.

Admin

Quote Originally Posted by TurboChris View Post
    I agree...it's the most convenient way to browse my favorite forums on my phone...I seem to remember when I bought it that they stated something to the effect of asking forum admins of forums not set up for it to "turn it on". They made it sound like it's easy to become tapatalk accessible.
    It's very easy. One line of code in the header or footer of the site.

Another vote for tapatalk!
    -=iMav=-
    ZRXOA #1029
    IBA #54185

They call me Bruce!!!
    Plus 1
    JimmyJ ZRXOA #2420

"Ubi non accusator, ibi non judex. (Where there is no police, there is no speed limit.)"

BadAss Hooligan

Mo bhuanghra', Mo Gluaisrothar

Hooligan
    Any volunteers to help with this?? I have experience developing a few sites and exp. managing others... would be glad to help out if needed
    Once you have wrestled everything in life is easy!
    -Dan Gable

2001 ZRX 1200 Black
    1973 Z1 900
    1973 Z1 900 Turbo Drag Bike

BadAss Hooligan
    We are looking at a couple of different possibilities.
    Yea, I paid!

Licensed to Mod
    Quote Originally Posted by biker View Post
    We are looking at a couple of different possibilities.
    Tapatalk is what I use over 50% of the time on the boating forums and hopefully this soon!

They call me Bruce!!!
    I know I've already thrown in my $.02, but I agree Tapatalk is the bomb.
    JimmyJ ZRXOA #2420

"Ubi non accusator, ibi non judex. (Where there is no police, there is no speed limit.)"

Executive Vice President
    I should check this out. Ca Pete and I have been talking about a chat program that we could afford for the OA. With that said, I find myself using my iPhone more and more as a web browser these days,,,,, well, when I have the right eye-glasses on.
    ASNF "Men of Honor"

Μολὼν λαβέ

You have that in Titanium?

Re: Any chance of a tapatalk interface?

Quote Originally Posted by Goobr View Post
    I should check this out. Ca Pete and I have been talking about a chat program that we could afford for the OA. With that said, I find myself using my iPhone more and more as a web browser these days,,,,, well, when I have the right eye-glasses on.
    Tapatalk please

Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Goobr View Post
    If you are talking about text chat, the easiest would be to simply set up a permanent IRC channel for the OA. Use FreeNode then you can link to their web client front end somewhere conspicuous in the header of the site. (see the header of geekhack.org for an example)

If you are talking about voice chat, we could always host a TeamSpeak server on the server that currently hosts the site.

Both solutions would be free and I would be willing help out.
    -=iMav=-
    ZRXOA #1029
    IBA #54185

You have that in Titanium?

From what I understand it's a mobile app for Forums so that you don't have to zoom in and navigate the Forum on a web browser not chat.

Green Blooded
    Ham & cheese

Quote Originally Posted by iMav View Post
    If you are talking about text chat, the easiest would be to simply set up a permanent IRC channel for the OA. Use FreeNode then you can link to their web client front end somewhere conspicuous in the header of the site. (see the header of geekhack.org for an example)

If you are talking about voice chat, we could always host a TeamSpeak server on the server that currently hosts the site.

Thank You!
    It ain't easy being cheesy.......

Admin

Quote Originally Posted by SilvrexSC View Post
    From what I understand it's a mobile app for Forums so that you don't have to zoom in and navigate the Forum on a web browser not chat.
    Yes, Tapatalk is not a chat program.

It is a simple JavaScript addition to the header (or footer) of the website. It allows mobile users to use a custom client that is optimized for smaller screens.
    -=iMav=-
    ZRXOA #1029
    IBA #54185

Executive Vice President

Quote Originally Posted by iMav View Post

I need to revive this in the moderator sections and get it back on the table for discussion. iMav,,, I'm talking text chat. One of our members used to host an IRC channel and even had Flash and Java versions for folks that didn't know how to use an IRC client. It didn't go over too well as a lot of folks had a lot of problems. I'll bring it back up with CaPete and the gang.

I'll have to admit though, when we had an IRC channel,,, it was fun messin' with folks that didn't know how to use the command line.

Okay, off to work,,,, WOOHOO!!!!
    ASNF "Men of Honor"

Μολὼν λαβέ

Executive Vice President

Giggity giggity,,,,, this is f'in cool. Testes testes, 1 2 3.
    ASNF "Men of Honor"

Μολὼν λαβέ

Hooligan
    Yeah tapatalk the y'all
    1999 ZRX1100 GREEN

Delaware lodge #96 AF&AM

Hooligan
    Thanks for adding this to the board. It makes it a lot easier on the iPhone and iPad.
    ZRXOA Member # 9052

The history:
    1995 Yamaha Virago 750
    2005 Honda VTX 1300S
    1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100R
    1997 Honda Valkyrie