+ Reply to Thread
    The Young and the 'Rex-less

Central Pneumatic (Harbor Freight) compressors any good?

Budget is $200...Going back and forth between this one from HF

http://www.harborfreight.com/air-too...sor-67847.html

And this one from Lowes "Campbell Hausfeld" 20 gallon job...Wont let me link to it though
    Quote Originally Posted by bkra13 View Post
    Youngzrxer - the only guy that can sound like he's 13 and 80 years old in one post.. .
    Quote Originally Posted by triscadek View Post
    Young'un was right on the mark with his opinions.

Typical village idiot,
    except for the accent

Quote Originally Posted by youngzrxer View Post
    Budget is $200...Going back and forth between this one from HF

http://www.harborfreight.com/air-too...sor-67847.html

And this one from Lowes "Campbell Hausfeld" 20 gallon job...Wont let me link to it though
    It'll double the power output of your Prius .... until you run out of extension cord.
    You can take the Englishman out of England, but you'll never take England out the Englishman.

Magically Delicious!
    Back IN Columbus with the same good woman :)
    I have one of the HF Pancake small ones and it has served me well. However I have a Porter Cable one for heavier demands. Campbell Hausfield is sold in wally world so I dont think it would be any better then the HF one
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacmedic View Post
    F**K me No fu**ing way. I guess I am gay
    rules, NASCAR is like dumping a box of Fruit Loops in the toilet and watching them all swirl around when flushed. Add some screaming redneck to announce the event and you could sell tickets.

BadAss Hooligan
    I would buy a much better used unit on Craigslist if it was me.

Around here there are some killer deals on 60 gallon vertical units for $200.00.
    Photobucket

BadAss Hooligan
    http://www.harborfreight.com/air-too...sor-67501.html Check the reviews on this one... I bought one for me & one for the FIL, ( his is used for wood working ), and my son bought one.
    Ride it like ya stole it, and ride it often. I broke 88K 128 Real World Horse Power

Yea, I'm a pot stirrer, just sayin.......

BadAss Hooligan
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycle Fred View Post
    I would buy a much better used unit on Craigslist if it was me.

Around here there are some killer deals on 60 gallon vertical units for $200.00.
    What he said..I've found that CP stuff tends to run hot, run LOUD, and self-destruct early in life. That's fine for some twenty dollar hand tool that you only plan to use once in a while, but a compressor is sorta the heart of your garage..
    A good compressor should last a lifetime, not a couple summers.
    "Happy as an idiot in Idiot Land on "idiots get in free" day.."

I ain't no nice guy.

Click here for paracord stuff!
    End-of-July Paracord Belt Sale! Any size, any color $32 shipped!
    See my last post in linked thread above for details.

Μολὼν λαβέ
    Get what ya pay for at HF Aaron,,,, you know that.
    I've bought a lot of stuff from HF over the years and all has served me well as an average Joe in his home work shop. Keywords, "home work shop". Their stuff is geared towards you and me, the average Joe that tinkers at home.

One of the best things I ever bought from HF was the motorcycle lift. Wish I had done that years ago.
    ASNF "Men of Honor"

Forgiveness is one of the greatest gifts God ever gave us.
    (Anonymous friend)

Quote Originally Posted by hydrashoks
    sometimes it's just that simple...dont complicate corn flakes...
    Μολὼν λαβέ

The Young and the 'Rex-less
    Honestly the HF looks more stout and better built than anything you can get at sears Hd, or lowes...I dont want to buy used..Looks to be mostly junk on craigslist unless you have more money to spend.
    Quote Originally Posted by bkra13 View Post
    Youngzrxer - the only guy that can sound like he's 13 and 80 years old in one post.. .
    Quote Originally Posted by triscadek View Post
    Young'un was right on the mark with his opinions.

Misanthropist extraordinaire
    With a Reflective Personality

I have 2 Campbell Hausfeld compressors and one is 25 years old. Only one rebuild on the rings and reeds. It has painted many cars and run for hours at a time. The newer unit is 15 years old and has painted all of my motorcycle stuff and has never been rebuilt. Both are 20 gallon, two-cylinder 110v models.

I do not know if they have gotten cheap in the last 10 years or not, so all I can say is that my older models are top-notch compressors.

I also have a screw-type Craftsman 15 gallon in the shed and it gets light use and it's NOISY!

Hope that helps.

I can say that some companies that HAD a good reputation years ago are NOT the same company today. Take Troy-Bilt mowers. 18 years ago, I bought a quality mower and my dad still mows his yard with it. BUT, what they sell at Home Depot is NOT the same mower in quality terms that they used to be, because the Troy-Bilt mower I bought 6 years ago is basically junk now.
    You and I are told increasingly we have to choose between a left or right. Well I'd like to suggest there is no such thing as a left or right. There's only an up or down: Up, man's old-aged dream, the ultimate in individual freedom consistent with law and order, or down to the ant heap of totalitarianism. And regardless of their sincerity, their humanitarian motives, those who would trade our freedom for security have embarked on this downward course. -Ronald Reagan

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

BadAss Hooligan
    I've got about 3 years on my cheapo pancake Harbor Freight unit. But only thing I use it for is filling tires and compressed air gun for cleaning carbs, parts, etc.

If I was using air tools, I'd probably go with something better.
    2003 ZX9R
    2003 ST1300
    1998 XR400
    2007 KTM50
    2003 XR80
    2006 TTR50

Lil' Rascal's Froggy
    motorcitywho?

I have a 5hp 60 gal 110v compressor (CH) that i've had for 10 yrs or more.its not loud and it holds up pressure very well.my brother has painted several cars ,trucks,and motorcycles from it and i run all my air tools off it and have yet to run it out.I gave $500 for it new and it has served me well and if it laid down tomorrow i couldnt complain
    ZRXOA #8282 ZRX1109 Turbo Division Member #30 December 2012 BOTM winner
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrashoks View Post
    in my efforts to continue to copy Rob....
    Quote Originally Posted by McGovZRX View Post
    You, Sir, are a bad, bad, tasteless man. Can I marry you?????

Urban Cowboy

Newest adition to my garage...

....makes changing truck tires a LOT easier.

2001 Mack CH613
    2000 Kawasaki ZRX1100
    1996 Ford F-250
    1992 Ford Ranger
    1986 Ford Ranger
    1947 Ford 8N