Well, I finally pulled the trigger on some ZX14 forks. And received yesterday. I know there are a few other members who have done the mod, with some detail. I wll try to add to that. So far what I have found out for myself. Oh yeah, feel free to add information and ask questions. It would be nice to get a thread that is definitive on modern USD fork conversion.
1. Stock Rim and axle with 310 rotors fits fine between the light way Calipers.
2. Fork legs are about 3/4 of and inch shorter. I will take exact measurements later.
3. ZX stem is way to long and of course thicker. I haven't set it in the neck yet to see if smaller bearings would work, but that's next on the list.
4. Using the Stock ZRX speedo might work, I have one coming from ZRXRich.
It will be a very tight fit if it does. Might have to go way of GPS. Custom spacers have to be made for both sides. Photos of setup Right and Left center.
Next is to make Triple Tree using Stock ZRX and ZX14 Tree.
When pressing the stem press it down.
List of Parts needed to converst to ZX14 Forks.
Triple Tree Stem from ZRX..
- Entire Triple Tree from ZX14.
- Stock ZRX Handle Bars, Risers and Aluminum Bushings as spacers.
- Upper TT Bushing made from ZX14 stem.
- Optional ZX14 Master Brake , Clutch, Throttle Cables Unit, Right Pod.
- ZX14 Forks, Axle Right Spacer and Custom Spacer washer.
- ZRX Speedo unit modified.
- GSXR 1000 front fender.