+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    The Apostrophe Bar & Grill
    SE Texas. Close to LA and the Gulf of Mehico. Port Arthur, to be specific.
    i waited til the price of a 99 fell to 3K bucks before I bought one. And that was after falling in love with them in 99. Im a cheap bastid. If I call they'd just roll their eyes, it would come through in my voice that I'm too cheap to pay for anything new. Count me as a supporter, just not a contributer.

Hooligan
    I DONT THINK I WOULD BUY A NEW ONE, MY 04 IS REALLY NICE AND AFTER I FINISH MY MODS IM DOING IT'S GONNA SCREAM, NOW ON THE OTHER HAND IF KAWI RELEASED A ZRX 1400R I WOULD JUMP ON IT, BUT I THINK MY MONEY FOR A NEW BIKE WILL GO TO A ZX14 OR CONCOURS, AND BESIDES EVEN IF KAWI RELEASED A NEW ZRX 1200R NONE OF THE MAJOR COMPANIES ARE MAKING ANYTHING FOR THE ZRX, IM TRYING TO FIND WHEELS AND THEY WONT MAKE THEM FOR BIKES WITH A SPEEDO CABLE, SO I GUESS WE SHALL SEE IF THEY WANNA STEP UP TO THE PLATE.

Village babbler
    Melbourne [When I am there. Currently at UTC +2 ]
    Quote Originally Posted by J MOLLOY View Post
    I DONT THINK I WOULD BUY A NEW ONE, MY 04 IS REALLY NICE AND AFTER I FINISH MY MODS IM DOING IT'S GONNA SCREAM, NOW ON THE OTHER HAND IF KAWI RELEASED A ZRX 1400R I WOULD JUMP ON IT, BUT I THINK MY MONEY FOR A NEW BIKE WILL GO TO A ZX14 OR CONCOURS, AND BESIDES EVEN IF KAWI RELEASED A NEW ZRX 1200R NONE OF THE MAJOR COMPANIES ARE MAKING ANYTHING FOR THE ZRX, IM TRYING TO FIND WHEELS AND THEY WONT MAKE THEM FOR BIKES WITH A SPEEDO CABLE, SO I GUESS WE SHALL SEE IF THEY WANNA STEP UP TO THE PLATE.
    Capslock?
    Come, come, good wine is a good familiar creature,
    if it be well used: exclaim no more against it.
    'Othello - William Shakespeare'

Legal Eagle
    Quote Originally Posted by John Will View Post
    Capslock?
    No, I think he is just unaware that he is yelling at us and that we don't like to be yelled at,

BadAss Hooligan
    Why would you think they would make a 14 ?

How successful was the XJR or CB upgarde ?

Honda have gone back to an 1100 not up the way !

Look around and see what's happening then make a call about what might happen

Otherwise I call " ZRX1600R" supercharged DFI

It's not rocket science

aka: The Flasher
    Inner Circle Member

Kawi has the Ninja1000 and the Z1000 there won't be any ZRX here anytime soon.
    Current ride....2008 Black Yamaha FJR1300

Past Pleasures
    1974 GT 380 Suzuki
    1982 GS750EZ Suzuki
    1985 V65 1100 Honda Sabre
    1986 VN750 Kawasaki Vulcan
    1994 VN750 Kawasaki Vulcan
    2002 ZRX 1200R Red of course
    2004 ZRX 1200R Another Red one
    2006 Triumph Sprint ST1050
    2007 Suzuki Bandit1250

May God Bless and Protect My Brothers and Sisters Who Ride With The Wind!

F P miss you buddy!

ZRX member # 3706

Close to the Atlantic Ocean, somewhere in VA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moriwaki Man! View Post
    Otherwise I call " ZRX1600R" supercharged DFI
    But...but...I don't want the Mean Streak's v-twin in a ZRX!

BadAss Hooligan
    Do the folks at Mama Kaw visit here? Do they read threads like this? Does our "fanaticism" scare them? Give us a ZRX-1400.

Mo bhuanghra', Mo Gluaisrothar

BadAss Hooligan
    yeah, me too... a ZRX1400?, well wait a second, maybe not.... Would you want it for looks or power ? Both ? But now that I'm getting older, add a screen and a driveshaft..... oh... who's got a ZG 1400 ? Who's got the ZG 1400 and a ZRX 1200 ? If one had to go.... which one ? A "tuned", not "de-tuned" ZRX1400 from the factory.... frame build and suspension to handle it... would it really be "lots" cheaper than the ZG ? How's them Bandit sales ? .... BK ???? V-Max ???..... Seems to me only a handfull.....
    Ride it like ya stole it, and ride it often. I broke 88K 128 Real World Horse Power

Yea, I'm a pot stirrer, just sayin.......

BadAss Hooligan
    The odd story? BK's didn't sell that well here. The yama, techno-goofy looking. Though tons of hp etc. I'd wait or -almsot traded the FXL-R fir one.

Hooligan
    Quote Originally Posted by J MOLLOY View Post
    sorry my keyboard was broke !

BadAss Hooligan
    Quote Originally Posted by schmoo View Post
    Why spend $6K more on a new bike , for what different wheels and FI , not that much of an upgrade. I would rather mod my old ZRX. If it was a ZRX14 with 170 hp and better suspension than I'd think about it .
    Kawabunga! (Busa' engine)
    Attached Images    
    "Enjoy the ride!"

Reflective Rider
    I'd buy the new ZRX just cause I can.

Hooligan
    It would be nice if there was a ZREX/DAEG whatever, that someone who has never had the pleasure of owning one. My son wants mine and I would really like to be sure that there is a standard bike to purchase. The main reason I own my '03 ZREX is because Honda did not sell a CB1100 in the states. Now that I have had my 'REX for 8 years and think it is a fine bike. A 1400cc engine would be nice but mine goes plenty fast as it is. The fuel injection is more what I would want, maybe anti-lock brakes a 6th speed Overdrive for cruising.
    Illigitimus Noncardboardium
    "Don't Let The Bastards Take Away The Standard Bike"

Founder, Long Riders Club
    Ol' Step & a Half

Quote Originally Posted by ahondanut View Post
    It would be nice if there was a ZREX/DAEG whatever, that someone who has never had the pleasure of owning one. My son wants mine and I would really like to be sure that there is a standard bike to purchase. The main reason I own my '03 ZREX is because Honda did not sell a CB1100 in the states. Now that I have had my 'REX for 8 years and think it is a fine bike. A 1400cc engine would be nice but mine goes plenty fast as it is. The fuel injection is more what I would want, maybe anti-lock brakes a 6th speed Overdrive for cruising.
    let me say, i have out fitted my zrx to be just such a machine.
    it now has a six speed, geared for highway use,(18/42) has a euro S model front fairing, five star luggage racks and i have 3 givi hard boxes that i can use on those racks, motor has 12.5 to 1 pistons, zzr cams, ported head, lightened crank, 40mm carbs, extended swingarm. and i love it, i have been to oregon, california, key west, colorado on my rex and loved every mile.

http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...oregon%20trip/

http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...%20rally%2008/
    ytrap, itchybutt, gary1129, mavrek, monkey pincher, & all those we miss you
    "ckempf" I knew this would happen. Yesterday I publicly recognized that Sillyhillbilly is a literary genius. Now your trying to imitate his style. Don't work, give it up.:nonono
    if a three person romp is called a threesome
    if a two person romp is called a twosome
    does this mean we call you handsome?
    QUOTEphilobeddoe; ]i agree with marvin, which means the world is going to explode in 10, 9, 8, 7, ...

BadAss Hooligan

Re: So...Just Talked to Kawasaki USA...

Quote Originally Posted by Ca Pete View Post
    I would only be interested in a ZRX1400.
    That WOULD make the most logical way to go.

"Love people-Use things-NOT-Use people-Love things"

The Unknown Hooligan

Like I've said before, slap a 6 speed transmission on the Ultra 300 engine and an S Fairing on it and it'd sell like hotcakes!

BadAss Hooligan

Attached Images  

BadAss Hooligan

I would buy a new one if came with the ZX14 engine installed.
    Last edited by RebelRex; 06-01-2012 at 11:24 PM. Reason: correction

ZRXOA #9190

Common sense is not so common.
    Voltaire

Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with years of experience.

"Very Special"
    Seat 4A on the lytnin bus.

Would buy an updated rex. Inverted forks, fuel injection, 1400+cc, updated but not aluminum twin spar frame...
    I have no rex...no bike at all... Im working on it.

Hooligan

Well here we are....another year and no ZRX. Maybe there is a warehouse that is full of Zrexs. Sort of like the warehouse that had surplus army WWII HDs. I know, ..... it is in area 51.
    Illigitimus Noncardboardium
    "Don't Let The Bastards Take Away The Standard Bike"

Shoulda got a blue one!

Let me tell you all, a ZRX1400 DFI would have a W O W factor you can't believe till you experience it!

I am at "almost" the same riding position on my 14 as on my ZRX and that makes ALL the difference in the world

The usable power is significantly higher than my ZRX, even though it does run STRONG, and is fun as hell!! The 14 delivers the power on a whole 'nother level

Name:  DSC07455.JPG
Views: 176
Size:  110.3 KB
    Randy

Member # 5326
    03 BLACK ZRX
    02 GREEN ZRX - Sold
    07 ZX14 in Plasma Blue
    05 DRZ400S /M
    06 TT-R230 ( my daughter's )
    09 WR250R Piped, FMF Power Programmer ++
    http://www.sundaysocialclub.com
    http://www.dualsport-sd.com

I thought that earlier, but figgered I'd keep my mouth shut...

I'm perfectly happy with my 1100 and to be honest, not responsible enough for a smooth fast 14 I'd likely lose my license in a summer.

Back to the original topic... Motorcyclist ran a test ride article in the fall of '98 about the ZRX being sold as a Euro model. I fell in love with it and for a few months call customer service at Mama Kaw asking when and if the ZRX would be released to the American market... in
    February they said it would and I put my deposit down with my dealer before he even knew when he would get one.

It could work again.... I couldn't have been the only one calling.
    Paul
    ZRXOA #4325

'99 ZRX 1100
    '87 944S
    '00 ES 300
    '05 FXHO

"The last time the meteors came, we thought the sky was on fire. Naturally, we blamed the Irish. We hanged more 'n a few."... Grandpa Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by BarbRN View Post
    Look at all the invites! darn, if only I had an engine on my broom!

Quote Originally Posted by youngzrxer View Post
    ....For gods sake I am such a pussy
    "This is a dangerous world, and this cat isnít remotely qualified to handle it. This guy has no clue, I promise you." G. W. Bush on Obama

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Suffers from Mad Kaw disease
    On a lovely tropical island near Ft. Wayne, IN

Not to burst anybodies bubble.. But, do you really think that ( in this economy ), Kawasaki is going to spend millions developing a "new" ZRX that they couldn't sell enough of here, the first time around? They won't even send us the one they are currently still making!

YTRAP, G and Joe.... sure gonna miss you guys...

"Very Special"

Quote Originally Posted by BlkZrx View Post
    Not to burst anybodies bubble.. But, do you really think that ( in this economy ), Kawasaki is going to spend millions developing a "new" ZRX that they couldn't sell enough of here, the first time around? They won't even send us the one they are currently still making!
    Highly improbable that kaw would have to invest millions. Maybe half a million developing a prototype.

I thought that earlier, but figgered I'd keep my mouth shut...

Quote Originally Posted by BlkZrx View Post

The economy depends on where you're talking about, last week I was in Central Illinois and it sucks to live there, around here there are billboards and radio ads for $20 hr jobs.
    Paul
    ZRXOA #4325

'99 ZRX 1100
    '87 944S
    '00 ES 300
    '05 FXHO

"The last time the meteors came, we thought the sky was on fire. Naturally, we blamed the Irish. We hanged more 'n a few."... Grandpa Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by BarbRN View Post
    Look at all the invites! darn, if only I had an engine on my broom!

Quote Originally Posted by youngzrxer View Post
    ....For gods sake I am such a pussy
    "This is a dangerous world, and this cat isnít remotely qualified to handle it. This guy has no clue, I promise you." G. W. Bush on Obama

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

BadAss Hooligan

At least redesign these crappy radiators, lose those bridgestone Death tires

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Roman View Post
    Would buy an updated rex. Inverted forks, fuel injection, 1400+pdated but not aluminum twin spar frame...
    Not even if the styling was correct ? Think light weight and firm handling that will be reqired of that much torque.

"Very Special"

Quote Originally Posted by Zammy View Post
    Not even if the styling was correct ? Think light weight and firm handling that will be reqired of that much torque.
    I dont see how they could do it. I havent seen a photoshop version that looked worth a crap either. I reckon if ducati can make a stiff light tube chassis, mammakaw can as well.

Its a looks thing for me.

BadAss Hooligan
    North Carolina foothills. Great roads everywhere you turn!!!

I would love to see a ZRX1400 but I wouldn't be able to buy one. Just looked at Kawasaki Japan's web site and a new ZRX1200 has a MSRP of $13,910.50 US (1,085,517 yen). I can't afford that and I know a 1400 would be more. But like triscadek said I'm perfectly happy with my 1100, and she is paid for.
    Jeff
    NC Foothills
    2000 ZRX 1100
    The Faster GREEN One
    Quote Originally Posted by BDsbigZRX View Post
    Too bad I forgot my bikini, I coulda used $500......
    Quote Originally Posted by zrxrdr View Post
    dude, havent you learned yet, that fighting over the internet is like winning the special Olympics. even if you win your'e still retarted.