+ Reply to Thread
    The Young and the 'Rex-less

Mahindra or Kioti tractors any good?

My dad is upgrading from his JD870 and wants something with 4x4 and a heated cab....He looked at the local dealer and they have Mahindras, they are about $4500 less than a comparable JD....Are they any good? He was also going to look at Kioti's, as there is a dealer just down the road...Just curious how these newer import tractors hold up...He ran into one Mahindra owner that claimed it was built much better than prior Ford and JDs he had owned...
    Quote Originally Posted by bkra13 View Post
    Youngzrxer - the only guy that can sound like he's 13 and 80 years old in one post.. .
    Quote Originally Posted by triscadek View Post
    Young'un was right on the mark with his opinions.

Thixotropic Hooligan

RevRev3 has a Mahindra that I have used a little, it is a very nice piece of equipment. I know they have a good reputation for being well built, and are popular here in the mid-south.
    Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.
    Mark Twain
    "Full Tilt Boogie" http://youtu.be/X2lVPln_vB8?list=UUbHa1yRyLxKA7ipddaQUQFw
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroRoo View Post
    Life's too short to dwell on the bad stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by SloMotion View Post
    Bring back Hee-Haw...
    Quote Originally Posted by KWICK View Post
    Seriously, a ZX11 cammed stock 1100 with a pipe makes more lowend than most bikes,

BadAss Hooligan
    I've had a Mahindra 6500 for several years. It's a heavy, well built tractor.

Mine is a 2wd with no cab, Just a roll over with a canopy. It does have a Mahindra branded loader.

It has had zero maintenance issues.

Keeping my dad from running it into stuff is another story

On the fence and
    On
    the "Big List"

Hey Aaron, check with Cinco. I think he has one in his back yard.

BadAss Hooligan
    West Michigan, On the river or in the woods.
    I have a Jinma. They are really all about the same. A lot cheaper than a JD or New Holland. From what I understand, you can not buy a under 50 HP tractor that is made in the US. Even the highly esteemed JD ones are made overseas. New Holland is 20 minutes from my house, and they do not make any compacts there, I even went and visited just to make sure.

They are all decent tractors. I have a 35hp, 4wd, front end loader, pto, 3pt. Sips fuel. Mine is a 4 cylinder diesel, and I think it runs a lot better than the 3 cylinder ones. I have used and abused it, and it held up fairly well. Unfortunately, I had a shifter fork break and drop into the transmission. Cost me about $2500 to get it all fixed. There are a few tricks that can be done that really beef these tractors up for use.

Check out http://www.tractorbynet.com/ tons of info there. Either new or used, they are a lot less cash than the big names. I had an old Massey and wanted a FEL, to put one on was going to cost me about 1/2 of what a whole new tractor cost.
    Attached Images    
    Short Stop Motorcycle parts and accessories http://ssmotorcycleparts.com/ ask for Craig and tell him you want the "Cinco" discount.

Give a man a fire and you keep him warm for a day. Set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

2004 Silver

Masonry in MI questions? http://www.gl-mi.org/index.htm
    To be one, Ask one

The guy with the jars!
    Standard reply from me, if you have a Kubota dealer in your area it behooves you to look into a Kubota.
    "Be who you are and say what you think, cause people who mind don't matter and people who matter don't mind.

-Dr Seuss..

BadAss Hooligan
    Quote Originally Posted by Tattoo13 View Post
    Standard reply from me, if you have a Kubota dealer in your area it behooves you to look into a Kubota.

Out this way several ag dealors have closed up. Parts would be my main consideration on anything. With the internet you can get most anything - BUT - a tractor is a life time investment. Not like a POS car.

Ask you self who will be around when your kids need parts for grandpa's old tractor.

The Young and the 'Rex-less
    Thanks Cinco...Where is yours made? Do they make bigger?

He is going to look at Kubotas too..When he bought his 870 several years ago he looked and at that time they were more expensive than the john deeres...Still the case?

Has anybody heard of Kiotis?
    Quote Originally Posted by bkra13 View Post
    Youngzrxer - the only guy that can sound like he's 13 and 80 years old in one post.. .
    Quote Originally Posted by triscadek View Post
    Young'un was right on the mark with his opinions.

BadAss Hooligan
    Quote Originally Posted by youngzrxer View Post
    Has anybody heard of Kiotis?
    I looked at Kioti when I bought the Mahindra.

They are nice looking tractors, made in Korea.

They were more expensive than Mahindra at the time.

Parts wise, there is a Kioti distribution center about 50 miles south of me, I think they have a couple of others.

Mahindra USA is headquartered in Houston.

Here is what mine looks like:

They currently have a 5 year drivetrain warrenty

FWIW, Mahindra has been making tractors a loooooong time, and they sell tons of them.

They started making tractors in partnership with IH in 1963.

It looks like they have updated the body styling since I bought mine.

http://mahindrausa.com/company.php

BadAss Hooligan
    http://agriculture.newholland.com/us..._overview.aspx

REINTRODUCING A TRACTOR THAT NEEDS NO INTRODUCTION: THE BOOMER™ 8N

Inspired by the legendary 8N tractor from the late 1940s, the all-new Boomer™ 8N tractor combines head-turning retro styling, a smooth CVT transmission and the most horsepower you can get in a Boomer™ compact tractor into a powerful package that embodies the spirit of rural America.
    Available in limited quantities. See your local dealer for details.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Hooligan
    I've never heard of a Kioti tractor before, and I was probably driving tractors before many here were born. Anyway, I looked them up.

The spanking new KIOTI DK50SE HST 49 horse power tractor brags a water-cooled, 4-cylinder, Tier IV diesel engine. A Rear PTO with optional mid-PTO permits customers of this mid-range tractor to control a huge number of gears and accessories, making it competent of managing an extensive chore around the ranch or acreage.

Huh????? Guessing Chinese translation????

From here:
    http://tractorsandtractorsupply.com/...-tractors.html

Mahindra used to sponsor on the PBR a few years ago, but I know nothing about them.

Real tractors I would stick with Deere, small JD may not be true JD anymore, lawn mowers not so much any JD content I fear. Sometimes you get what you pay for.
    83, 84, 86 V65 Magna, yes they all run!
    86 ZL900 Eliminator
    01 ZRX1200r
    08 Star Raider

Balsam Lake, WI

ZRXOA #8821.....Top that!

The guy with the jars!
    JD and HD, names cost money
    "Be who you are and say what you think, cause people who mind don't matter and people who matter don't mind.

-Dr Seuss..

The Normal Hooligan
    FWIW:
    We had a -50 hp JD tractor and loader around the farm for a while, worst POS ever !!
    I'd think Skoda or Lada would build a better tractor.
    WARNING !
    Poster tends to use sarcasm during regular communication. If a post seems offensive please re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin...

'Rev Meister'
    Mahindra is the #1 manuf in the world for tractors according to their ads. The way I understand it, they made M&F small tractors for 40 years. Now they make their own brand. I have a 41 hp 4wd w/ water in the tires and front end loader and it is pretty stout. These are 12' walls in the photo.
    Attached Images  

BadAss Hooligan
    West Michigan, On the river or in the woods.
    Jinma is China, Kioti is korean I think. There are some russian , czech ones out there as well. They are all about made the same. I would bet donuts to dollars that NH is made overseas as well. They are all under 50HP.
    One thing about the Jinma is you can order one in a crate. You assemble it if you want, save quite a bit of money. I got mine assembled from a dealer, it had 3 hours on it. I can get you the dealer if you want, but I think there is one in MI now. Mine was in Minnesody.
    No matter what you get, change all the fluids out as soon as possible. They ship them with garbage oil, hydraulics, gear oil, rad fluid. Grease the crap out of every fitting and work out the brownish watery stuff they called grease. Parts are easy to find, there are several dealers and everyone has internet sales or a toll free number to call. Dollar for dollar, they can't be beat. If I had unlimited dollars I'd get a case or IH just for the name, but right now I'll keep my Asian Bride to get the work done.
    Short Stop Motorcycle parts and accessories http://ssmotorcycleparts.com/ ask for Craig and tell him you want the "Cinco" discount.

Give a man a fire and you keep him warm for a day. Set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

2004 Silver

Masonry in MI questions? http://www.gl-mi.org/index.htm
    To be one, Ask one