+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    A Southern man needs no introduction to the "boys" at work.
    Denham Springs Louisiana, 10 miles East of Baton Rouge

Alaskan Malamute / Labrador mix

The 15 yr old talked his mother into "trial" sitting a 10 week old Alaskan Malamute / Labrador mix female puppy, now 12 weeks old. She is small'ish, looks like a Lab in the face, Big Black Eye's, Malamute coat that's Black with a White blaze on her chest, Big feet. She has been giving Jenny our 4yr old (Beagle, Cocker, Dalmatian) mix Hell.

Any one have any experiences with a Malamute / Labrador mix? What do we need to watch out for if we let Matt keep her?
    Remember to tell your Family and Friends how you feel about them, you may never get the chance to do so again.

Alex's Dad
    and Paula's Husband

Outside of the delivery area for Mikes furniture

Re: Alaskan Malamute / Labrador mix

You doing all the work
    Quote Originally Posted by Ca Pete View Post
    I don't act like that and I have a small pe**s. I'm just gayin'
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric308 View Post
    Hey, I'm two hours later here in Cheeseland if that would help. Right now I''m wearing a #69 Packer onesie with green stilettos.

EMPLOYERS: Avoid hiring unlucky people by immediately tossing half the CVs into the bin

kfoster

Interesting mix,

If she is anything like our Alaskan Husky / Rottweiler mix, get ready for a real ride! He is a great, smart, loyal, social, loveable, BIG, strong, fast, ACTIVE dog! If we did not do obedience training this guy woulda' destroyed the house, terrorized the other animals and people. As it is, he is quite obediant even off lead, but very spirited at two years old and over 100 lbs.

Sled dogs like to run.......They also are very much pack animals and pretty serious about moving up in the pecking order. What traits you are gonna end up with in the mix is a toss up. Read the dog books for characteristics of each breed. It's really fun to pick out what the dog ends up getting from each side of the family.

ZRXBubba

Large land mines in the yard

Never seen that mix, two intelligent trainable breeds, both very active breeds.

Fred you're gonna be tired

BadAss Curd Stirrer
    and Hard-core Scrappler
    Been there, done that, got the T-shirt, the matchbook, the recipe, and an autograph

Quote Originally Posted by Frewil View Post
    The 15 yr old talked his mother into "trial" sitting a 10 week old Alaskan Malamute / Labrador mix female puppy, now 12 weeks old. She is small'ish, looks like a Lab in the face, Big Black Eye's, Malamute coat that's Black with a White blaze on her chest, Big feet. She has been giving Jenny our 4yr old (Beagle, Cocker, Dalmatian) mix Hell.

Any one have any experiences with a Malamute / Labrador mix? What do we need to watch out for if we let Matt keep her?
    I had a Malamute as a pet. He was a big, friendly OUTDOOR dog. He really didn't like hot weather and used to sleep outside in the snow. I'd say that mix would be great...should be smart and eager to please. She would be at least 80lbs. fully grown. My guy weighed 120 and looked a lot larger with his coat. I also agree with you about the catheter....would never have it any other way.
    KYJOAP#2
    "I will endeavor to persevere." TNT May, 2007
    "I will fight no more forever." Chief Joseph, Nez Perce, 1877
    "Funny how people get mad, and then we all end up comparing clams." ZLadyREX 11/30/07

Rick61

Malamutes have a speech defect in that they can't pronounce the *f* on the end of "woof".... so you end up with a BIG dog that "woos"..

& when they shed, they do it over night. The end result of this is that your home looks like a herd of reindeer were shaved while your back was turned.

kfoster

Sled dogs sometimes sound like wookies. If you have a problem with wookies, they will annoy you .

This is Presley

She's taking on Jenny for the Hammer.

Remember to tell your Family and Friends how you feel about them, you may never get the chance to do so again.

Jenny is 4 yr's old in the picture above and starting to show some White in her face.

This was taken when she was 2.

Badass Hooligan. Really really bad.

Dear Fred,
    You my friend are stuck with that dog. Even if you can manage to resist I doubt your family can. There's no shame in it, the dog is adorable. It's too late, gone too far....

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Angus View Post
    Dear Fred,
    You my friend are stuck with that dog. Even if you can manage to resist I doubt your family can. There's no shame in it, the dog is adorable. It's too late, gone too far....

Enjoy!
    I sort of figured that out....Matt has now taken on all responsibility for Presley and started talking about giving her to his girlfriend. Problem is Jenny (and I) have grown attached to her.

Funny story about the dogs. Jenny has the run of the house and Presley sleeps in a kennel, if Presley whimpers or barks, Jenny will make a mad dash to see if Presley is ok...and if I'm not going fast enough to suit Jenny she comes and barks at me to get moving...

ZRXBubba

Congrats Fred get some heavy duty chew toys, you're going to need them.

Quote Originally Posted by ZRXBubba View Post

Here's a another funny dog story,

Jenny hates to go out in the Rain and will step on the tip's of her paw's when she goes out, Presley looks around and starts running and playing in the Rain........

Rick61

Just wait until he weighs 140lb & decides to be a sled. My pups would run across the yard flat out in the snow & then roll over on their backs while running to slide along the ground...

BANNED

I have a Malamute.. Very lovable, & quite..Real smart..Gets along with other dogs well..,
    Mine has the different color eyes.. Looks wild in the face, but is nothing but a baby. All the other habits mentioned above,, ie: likes the outside when it is cold. Woos instead of bark.. Kinda like the wolf I had, now there was a different animal. My wolf died at 13.. & I would love to have another. Malamute also..

jerry

Lil' Rascal's Froggy
    motorcitywho?

JENNY LOOKS PISSED in the pic with the hammer cute pups Fred
    ZRXOA #8282 ZRX1109 Turbo Division Member #30 December 2012 BOTM winner
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrashoks View Post
    in my efforts to continue to copy Rob....
    Quote Originally Posted by McGovZRX View Post
    You, Sir, are a bad, bad, tasteless man. Can I marry you?????

Rick61

Quote Originally Posted by jerry quick View Post
    .Kinda like the wolf I had, now there was a different animal. My wolf died at 13.. & I would love to have another. Malamute also..
    jerry
    http://www.texaswolves.com/

http://www.texaswolves.com/pups_page.html

BANNED

Thanks for the link Rick..
    There used to be a lady in Tallassee Fl. that bread them also..Met her when I had mine.. They are certainly different than any animal I have ever had. Course I have never had an animal I didn't love..
    I have seven canines now, ranging from.... Poodle, Cockapoo, Schnauzer, Pekingese, Doberman, Malamute, & Dashun. All males except the Cockapoo..
    I'm not brand oriented when it comes to animals...Like I am to bikes

jerry

MyPalDal

They'll work out the pecking order over time, then settle down.

Great pics Fred.

Welcome to the Dog Log Patrol.

BubbaKev: do you have anything to PM me about?
    Just say no to mumbo jumbo.

I doubt. Therefore, I might be.

SNERR: Southern New England Rex Riders;
    Ride places. Eat things.

BOTM July '11
    Iron Butter #38409

I have a Malamute.. Very lovable, & quite..Real smart..Gets along with other dogs well..,
    Mine has the different color eyes.. Looks wild in the face, but is nothing but a baby. All the other habits mentioned above,, ie: likes the outside when it is cold. Woos instead of bark.. Kinda like the wolf I had, now there was a different animal. My wolf died at 13.. & I would love to have another. Malamute also..

jerry
    Jerry,

We saw the family that gave us Presley last night and they still have a male pup if you're interested. If he is anything like Presley, he is a big baby that loves to have fun.

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by ZRXBubba View Post
    The best toy I evre got for my pup was a heavy rubber toy football at Walmart for $4. That dog won't leave it alone.

"Love people-Use things-NOT-Use people-Love things"

The Apostrophe Bar & Grill
    SE Texas. Close to LA and the Gulf of Mehico. Port Arthur, to be specific.

Yea, I had one. A sweetie to me but was bossy as hell to everyone else. (guess I'm part to blame for that). She hated them squirrels though

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

She was spayed early and was never "active" or liked to play much. Just "bossy" and hard headed. (she did mind very well though when told something. I thought pretty intelligent.) Shedding and bathing was a problem plus she hated rain (not much Lab I guess, tho she was supposed to be British Lab and husky/Mal mix. Her tongue was spotted like the Labs). really wasn't much problem, never dug, never left the yard even when leaving the gate open.

BadAss Hooligan
    The Bean Pod

You now have a dog that not only will fetch you a beer, but get it from a different time zone and bring it back COLD! That dogs gunna be a power house with the stamina of a thoroughbred race horse.

BadAss Hooligan

We had a malamute/husky mix. Beautiful dog with miss-matched eyes. Willful, needed a firm hand until the pecking order was well established. After that was obediant and good natured. Ours was good with kids and other pets.
    VERY active, not in a hyper lab puppy kind of way, more like a never-gets-tired kind of way. Great dog for an outdoorsman, hiker, x-country skier type.
    Just be prepared to change vacuum bags every couple of days.

BadAss Hooligan

Cute pup!
    ZRXOA #5858
    SNERR #15: 1400GTR Division

Quote Originally Posted by philobeddoe View Post
    this planet is one giant retard factory
    Quote Originally Posted by MACHIV View Post
    Reminds of the saying: 9 out of 10 people prefer Harleys.
    9 out of 10 people also don't know shit about motorcycles.

Rick61

Quote Originally Posted by heimdal View Post
    Ours was good with kids..
    So was Dief....

Well 5 1/2 months later and this animal is still here......

Remember the paws???? She's now 8 months old and weighs 50 lbs....feels like a Line backer is hitting you when she gets to speed and does a flying tackle.

However, Jenny is still the Top Dog and will put Presley in her place as needed.....

ZRXBubba

Yeah, she's also trained the "kid" to harass you and leave her alone.

BANNED

My malamute died right after I posted here.. Almost 13 yrs old... Woke me up at 2:00 am to go out, came back in ,layed down, let out a yelp & was gone.. Yeh... did a lot of that...Watering now just thinking about him..

Four weeks after he left us, a Brown Bull dog with short ears & long tail showed up.. Couldn't run him off, & the wife started feeding him outside the fence, now we have an outside dog that is the sweetest bulldog I have ever saw...He has made friends with the Doberman through the fence, but we let him stay outside..

Note:: we ran ads in the lost & found for the last month & no-one has called to clame.... I guess he is home now..

jerry

My malamute died right after I posted here.. Almost 13 yrs old... Woke me up at 2:00 am to go out, came back in ,layed down, let out a yelp & was gone.. Yeh... did a lot of that...Watering now just thinking about him..

Four weeks after he left us, a Brown Bull dog with short ears & long tail showed up.. Couldn't run him off, & the wife started feeding him outside the fence, now we have an outside dog that is the sweetest bulldog I have ever saw...He has made friends with the Doberman through the fence, but we let him stay outside..

Note:: we ran ads in the lost & found for the last month & no-one has called to clame.... I guess he is home now..

jerry
    Sorry to hear that Jerry. But it seems the that you were sent a gift that needed a good home.