+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 152
  1. #91
    Licensed to post
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    iowa

    Re: 1100 vs. 1200 differences?

    when you guys change to zx11 cams in the 1100s, do you lose your low and mid rpm torque?

  2. #92
    BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Texas

    Re: 1100 vs. 1200 differences?

    - thanks for all the handy technical differences info. given on the 11 vs. 12 back there guys.
    Last edited by flounder; 07-25-2009 at 11:12 PM.
    ZRXOA 7755

    take the long way home

  3. #93
    BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Google Lake Minnesota

    Re: 1100 vs. 1200 differences?

    fascinating thread


    great information here..

  4. #94
    I POSTED! I POSTED!
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Woodstck Ontario-Canada

    Re: 1100 vs. 1200 differences?

    Just to clarify - did you say the 1200 swing arm will fit the 1100 ?
    Murray Lonsbary
    #5522
    lonsbary@sivaco.com

  5. #95
    c10's best friend
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Tomball, Tx.

    Re: 1100 vs. 1200 differences?

    Quote Originally Posted by mur606 View Post
    Just to clarify - did you say the 1200 swing arm will fit the 1100 ?
    Yes.
    Iron Butt Association #18591

    .._...|..\_____________________|_
    ....../ `---___________---- _____|]
    ...../_==o;;;;;;;;__ __________.:/
    .....), ---.(_(__) /
    ....// // \ )
    ...//___//
    ..//___//
    .//___//

  6. #96
    I POSTED! I POSTED!
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Woodstck Ontario-Canada

    Re: 1100 vs. 1200 differences?

    Thanks for the clarification.
    Murray Lonsbary
    #5522
    lonsbary@sivaco.com

  7. #97
    Hooligan
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Princeton Iowa

    Re: 1100 vs. 1200 differences?

    The Rear Passenger Pegs are different between a 1999 and a 2002

    So therefore I think 1100's have different rear pegs then 1200's

  8. #98
    2010 YTRAP Award Winner
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Oriskany Falls, freekin' NY

    Re: 1100 vs. 1200 differences?

    Dragging my '99 w/ full Muzzy meg, muzzy cams, Dyno stage 3 & my fat back side vs. Duc Girl's '02 w/ a Muzzy slip-on & Twiggy.

    she was letting off at the end when I went by, looks like about 120.

    'course that's pretty much the same results between me an' Fish on his '99.

    "America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." - Claire Wolfe, November, 1995

    "this planet is one giant retard factory" - philobeddoe, 2009-12-03

  9. #99
    2010 YTRAP Award Winner
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Oriskany Falls, freekin' NY

    Re: 1100 vs. 1200 differences?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
    Man, I could watch that over and over all night Boz.

    Now go do the same thing with her duc. Just for fun.
    Here's a roll-on we did along same stretch of road a little earlier. I didn't stand a chance even if I hadn't hit that false neutral going into 4th. Looks like I backed off about 130.

    Oh, yeah - I'm running 1 tooth down on the front sprock too.

    "America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." - Claire Wolfe, November, 1995

    "this planet is one giant retard factory" - philobeddoe, 2009-12-03

  10. #100
    BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    causing trouble near Milton, Ontario, Canada

    Re: 1100 vs. 1200 differences?

    you know there is a reason they call it horsepower to wieght
    It would seem her bike is obviously a bit lighter than yours
    Johnnie Phatt
    Head honcho of project
    Rise of the Phoenix

    bring Dave if you must....Perko

  11. #101
    BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    middlesbrough. england

    Re: 1100 vs. 1200 differences?

    Quote Originally Posted by JBoz View Post
    Dragging my '99 w/ full Muzzy meg, muzzy cams, Dyno stage 3 & my fat back side vs. Duc Girl's '02 w/ a Muzzy slip-on & Twiggy.

    she was letting off at the end when I went by, looks like about 120.

    'course that's pretty much the same results between me an' Fish on his '99.

    racing with a girl! all that extra green is making a difference!
    Last edited by richie rex; 01-19-2010 at 07:46 PM. Reason: green
    ride on the left, crash on the right

  12. #102
    BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    KC

    Re: 1100 vs. 1200 differences?

    Man I love these OLD as Moses threads that get dragged out every now and then.

    All good arguments for the 1200 but everyone knows the only reason they made the 1200 is they saw all the fat bastids riding around on 1100's an knew they needed a bit more help..
    Travis
    ZRXOA #8632

    Photobucket

    Green ones really do go faster!

  13. #103
    BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    causing trouble near Milton, Ontario, Canada

    Re: 1100 vs. 1200 differences?

    they make a 1200?
    Johnnie Phatt
    Head honcho of project
    Rise of the Phoenix

    bring Dave if you must....Perko

  14. #104
    BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    middlesbrough. england

    Re: 1100 vs. 1200 differences?

    What is a Moses?
    ride on the left, crash on the right

  15. #105
    2010 YTRAP Award Winner
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Oriskany Falls, freekin' NY

    Re: 1100 vs. 1200 differences?

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnie Phatt View Post
    you know there is a reason they call it horsepower to wieght
    It would seem her bike is obviously a bit lighter than yours

    Yeah, just a bit! A good 180 lbs or so.
    "America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." - Claire Wolfe, November, 1995

    "this planet is one giant retard factory" - philobeddoe, 2009-12-03

  16. #106
    MyPalDal
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Rhode Island

    Re: 1100 vs. 1200 differences?

    Kinda reminds me of the time I kicked yer arse.

    ut oh panky. now you've done it.
    Just say no to mumbo jumbo.

    I doubt. Therefore, I might be.

    SNERR: Southern New England Rex Riders;
    Ride places. Eat things.

    BOTM July '11
    Iron Butter #38409

  17. #107
    2010 YTRAP Award Winner
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Oriskany Falls, freekin' NY

    Re: 1100 vs. 1200 differences?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
    Kinda reminds me of the time I kicked yer arse.

    ut oh panky. now you've done it.

    Lessee... a 1200 with a skinny axed gnome vs. an 1100 with Sasquatch? Yeah, you done good after you figgered out at what altitude you wanted the front t'ar at.
    "America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." - Claire Wolfe, November, 1995

    "this planet is one giant retard factory" - philobeddoe, 2009-12-03

  18. #108
    MyPalDal
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Rhode Island

    Re: 1100 vs. 1200 differences?

    Quote Originally Posted by JBoz View Post
    Lessee... a 1200 with a skinny axed gnome vs. an 1100 with Sasquatch? Yeah, you done good after you figgered out at what altitude you wanted the front t'ar at.
    You and Fish and me out racing one another.

    One of the Favorite Days of My Life.

    Guess who will be along shortly to add "The Facts"?
    Just say no to mumbo jumbo.

    I doubt. Therefore, I might be.

    SNERR: Southern New England Rex Riders;
    Ride places. Eat things.

    BOTM July '11
    Iron Butter #38409

  19. #109
    MODERATOR
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Near a Keg in Piscataway, NJ

    Re: 1100 vs. 1200 differences?

    A-hem.


    Weight, power, 1200, 1100, blah blah blah whatever.
    I still kicked both yer asses and I do believe if we all swapped bikes that day, my wicked fast 99 woulda won anyway.

    That is all.
    The ride is the reason.
    1999 ZRX 1100
    2012 Concours 1400
    1988 Honda Z50


    Previously...
    72 H2750
    77 KZ400
    79 KZ650SR
    87 XL600R
    04 KTM Duke 640
    07 CBR1000RR
    08 C14

  20. #110
    MyPalDal
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Rhode Island

    Re: 1100 vs. 1200 differences?

    See?

    Tole you.

    Just say no to mumbo jumbo.

    I doubt. Therefore, I might be.

    SNERR: Southern New England Rex Riders;
    Ride places. Eat things.

    BOTM July '11
    Iron Butter #38409

  21. #111
    New, but just to this Board
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Troy NY

    Re: 1100 vs. 1200 differences?

    first is it true the 1200 has a stainless header pipe? and if so is it a bolt on to the 1100? my 2000 header is getting rusty and i hate painting it ss would be nice thanks

  22. #112
    BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    middlesbrough. england

    Re: 1100 vs. 1200 differences?

    2004 in the UK had a shiney front pipe, It will fit all model years, even 1100, but you need the correct end can for an 1100. 1200 no problem.

    google zrx1200 2004, images to see.
    ride on the left, crash on the right

  23. #113
    Licensed to Mod
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Alaska

    Re: 1100 vs. 1200 differences?

    How about the air box

  24. #114
    New, but just to this Board
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Anaheim, Ca.

    Re: 1100 vs. 1200 differences?

    Quote Originally Posted by Oxycodone View Post
    In some cases. ZX11 cams are way cheaper and easier to find than ZZR cams.

    1109 piston kits are usually less expensive than 1224 kits.

    The 1100 has iron sleeves, so there's no need for rather expensive replating after boring that you have to have on the 1200.
    Absolutely correct, ZX-11 cams, J&E, or CP 1109 piston kit, jet kit for the carbs, (or Keihin 39's), and a good exhaust system and you'll get an easy 130 to 135HP to the rear wheel.

  25. #115
    New, but just to this Board
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Anaheim, Ca.

    Re: 1100 vs. 1200 differences?

    Quote Originally Posted by EarlofTravis View Post
    Man I love these OLD as Moses threads that get dragged out every now and then.

    All good arguments for the 1200 but everyone knows the only reason they made the 1200 is they saw all the fat bastids riding around on 1100's an knew they needed a bit more help..
    I am a "Fat Bastard", and I did need the help. 95HP just didnt cut it!

  26. #116
    BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Orlando, Florida

    Re: 1100 vs. 1200 differences?

    no, JBOZ lost because of the aerodynamic drag of the camera on his helmet
    no blood in my veins...just itsy bitsy motorcycles running around

    have owned
    8 Kawasaki 1 Yamaha 1 Suzuki 16 Honda

  27. #117
    BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    I think this question fits here. Are the aftermarket exhausts interchangeable between the 1100s and 1200s?

  28. #118
    BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Missouri
    yep

  29. #119
    Licensed to Mod
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    pittsburgh
    Having had both I'd say 1100 was a lot more fun. Not to mention a 1200 motor in an 11 frame with a bigger rear sprocket, jet kit and muzzy meg, was pure bliss... well till I tossed her down the road. I've a 1200 now, but she doesn't hit the spot like my old 11...could be the the color as well, or maybe it's me getting old. Perhaps I should grab an 1100 frame off ebay hhhmmm...

  30. #120
    NEWBIE!!!
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Quote Originally Posted by Keron View Post
    Having had both I'd say 1100 was a lot more fun. Not to mention a 1200 motor in an 11 frame with a bigger rear sprocket, jet kit and muzzy meg, was pure bliss... well till I tossed her down the road. I've a 1200 now, but she doesn't hit the spot like my old 11...could be the the color as well, or maybe it's me getting old. Perhaps I should grab an 1100 frame off ebay hhhmmm...
    I have a 99 frame with FL title if you're interested?


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.7
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:24 PM.
vBulletin 4.0 skin by CompleteVB