+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 150
  1. #61
    BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    UK

    Re: 1100 vs. 1200 differences?

    1200 wheelbase is longer than the 1100
    ZRXOA # 4632

  2. #62
    BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn Park, Minnesota

    Re: 1100 vs. 1200 differences?

    The 1100 is a beautiful Pearl Jade Green and the 1200 is what ever.

    The 1100 is in my garage and the 1200 in not...

  3. #63
    Legal Eagle
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Tallahassee, Fl

    Re: 1100 vs. 1200 differences?

    England got Greens in 04? Not in the States

  4. #64
    BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    middlesbrough. england

    Re: 1100 vs. 1200 differences?

    Thanks for that, it helps clear it up, its very much like a 03 but with a smaller white section on the tail piece and shiney front pipes.
    ride on the left, crash on the right

  5. #65
    Legal Eagle
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Tallahassee, Fl

    Re: 1100 vs. 1200 differences?

    That makes me wonder why MamaKaw wouldn't offer more color options around the world since they were already making those colors. In 04 I wanted to buy a new one, but since there was no green, I got a used 03.

  6. #66
    A True Alpshole
    Who Doesn't Shut Up, Ever!!!

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Klagenfurt, AUSTRIA

    Re: 1100 vs. 1200 differences?

    Quote Originally Posted by chuckc View Post

    The rear wheel on the 1200 is about 5mm farther to the right than the 1100 rear wheel.
    Does this mean that the wheel - referring to the tyre position - is NOT centered (in the middle of the bike) ?
    zrxoa member no. 8129

    YTRAP 2010 - thank you all for the fantastic time!
    YTRAP 2013 - what a blast!

    Quote Originally Posted by TGHW View Post
    I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER

  7. #67
    BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    middlesbrough. england

    Re: 1100 vs. 1200 differences?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    That makes me wonder why MamaKaw wouldn't offer more color options around the world since they were already making those colors. In 04 I wanted to buy a new one, but since there was no green, I got a used 03.
    I think it comes down to the importer, we did not get a red zx14 so I had to get a grey/green colour which you did not get!
    ride on the left, crash on the right

  8. #68
    A True Alpshole
    Who Doesn't Shut Up, Ever!!!

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Klagenfurt, AUSTRIA

    Re: 1100 vs. 1200 differences?

    Here are some more thoughts - I´m cusious about that.

    Many years ago I saw a Vespa (classical Italian scooter) in front of me, going straight, but in a slight leaning angle of 3° (estimated).

    *****************************

    No engine is symmetrical, therefore center of mass is never in the middle.
    The sum of alignment of all the parts of a bike should result in an preferably upright position.
    I understood Chuck´s statement that the rear tyre is 5 mm out of the middle in reference to the front tyre ???
    Because this would for sure effect the handling - different lean angles at same speed in right or left turns.
    Okay, 5 mm might not have remarkable effect, but - where´s the limit for the wheels standing parallel ? Hmm ...

    *****************************

    Now what is the truth ?

    Thank you in advance for any info on that ... and I promise, I stop thinking NOW.
    zrxoa member no. 8129

    YTRAP 2010 - thank you all for the fantastic time!
    YTRAP 2013 - what a blast!

    Quote Originally Posted by TGHW View Post
    I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER

  9. #69
    BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    middlesbrough. england

    Re: 1100 vs. 1200 differences?

    Quote Originally Posted by motorcitycobra View Post
    Here are some more thoughts - I´m cusious about that.

    Many years ago I saw a Vespa (classical Italian scooter) in front of me, going straight, but in a slight leaning angle of 3° (estimated).

    *****************************

    No engine is symmetrical, therefore center of mass is never in the middle.

    The sum of alignment of all the parts of a bike should result in an preferably upright position.

    I understood Chuck´s statement that the rear tyre is 5 mm out of the middle in reference to the front tyre ???

    Because this would for sure effect the handling - different lean angles at same speed in right or left turns.

    *****************************

    Now what is the truth ?

    Thank you in advance for any info on that ... and I promise, I stop thinking NOW.
    That is all true and most scooters do have the engine or transmission on one side, in the real world it does not really make a difference. Think of the camber on the road, the road is nearly always not level but we hardly notice it.

    In a perfect world, the rear wheel would follow the front and it would also have the same size tyre, think Norton Commando.
    ride on the left, crash on the right

  10. #70
    BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Laredo, Texas

    Re: 1100 vs. 1200 differences?

    ...and now, back to the differences between the two...
    GrandPaul
    Host of The Vintage Bikes Forum on Delphi
    author, "Old Bikes"
    proprietor, Born Again Bikes
    What are the Greatest Bikes in the world? Enter & Vote!

  11. #71
    BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    middlesbrough. england

    Re: 1100 vs. 1200 differences?

    [QUOTE=Johnnie Phatt;2644965]
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    for pure power no doubt a 1200 will go faster in a straight line but the 11 goes more than fast enough "on the street" to use your words so it is easier and possibly cheaper to make what you have stock go faster with out all the noise and bother
    Its really no bother!
    ride on the left, crash on the right

  12. #72
    2009 Hooligan of the year
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Austin, TX

    Re: 1100 vs. 1200 differences?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    I've heard the rear wheel offset makes the 11 a better handler, but on the street it must be indistinguishable.

    Blue

    It's the tire size. The larger tire size on the 1200 results in slightly slower steering/turn-in.

  13. #73
    2009 Hooligan of the year
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Austin, TX

    Re: 1100 vs. 1200 differences?

    Quote Originally Posted by motorcitycobra View Post
    Okay, 5 mm might not have remarkable effect, but - where´s the limit for the wheels standing parallel ? Hmm ...
    I seem to recall reading somewhere that about 15mm (20mm maybe?) is the "break point" when handling issues become apparent.

  14. #74
    Moderator
    Founder, Long Riders Club
    Ol' Step & a Half

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Heart of Dixie, Cumberland Plateau

    Re: 1100 vs. 1200 differences?

    Quote Originally Posted by MavWrek View Post
    It's a 1200
    correction, its an 1100, 2000 model, orgionaly in black
    ytrap, itchybutt, gary1129, mavrek, monkey pincher, & all those we miss you
    "ckempf" I knew this would happen. Yesterday I publicly recognized that Sillyhillbilly is a literary genius. Now your trying to imitate his style. Don't work, give it up.:nonono
    if a three person romp is called a threesome
    if a two person romp is called a twosome
    does this mean we call you handsome?
    QUOTEphilobeddoe; ]i agree with marvin, which means the world is going to explode in 10, 9, 8, 7, ...

  15. #75
    BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    middlesbrough. england

    Re: 1100 vs. 1200 differences?

    Quote Originally Posted by PapaRex View Post
    The 1200 is faster but I can routinely spank them in the twisties with my trusty 1100.
    And then you woke up, there is less difference than a good set of tyres or a suspension tweek can make.
    ride on the left, crash on the right

  16. #76
    BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Tempe, AZ

    Re: 1100 vs. 1200 differences?

    Are the stock carbs the same (1100 vs. 1200) ?

  17. #77
    BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    middlesbrough. england

    Re: 1100 vs. 1200 differences?

    Quote Originally Posted by climbingaz View Post
    Are the stock carbs the same (1100 vs. 1200) ?
    Mainly they are the same, but the late 1200 loses the ktric sticker, and some late 1200 have fuel cut off solenoids on the bottom of the float bowl to cut fuel on the rev limiter, otherwise the cat. would be damaged.
    ride on the left, crash on the right

  18. #78
    2009 Hooligan of the year
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Austin, TX

    Re: 1100 vs. 1200 differences?

    Quote Originally Posted by climbingaz View Post
    Are the stock carbs the same (1100 vs. 1200) ?
    The needles and jetting are different.

  19. #79
    BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Tempe, AZ

    Re: 1100 vs. 1200 differences?

    Quote Originally Posted by zrx24 View Post
    The needles and jetting are different.
    You think I could swap float bowls? I've got a California model '04 and want to get rid of the bowls because they have those emission do-hickies on them. XenoMorph has a set of 1100 bowls that I'd like to buy if they'll fit my 1200.

  20. #80
    BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    middlesbrough. england

    Re: 1100 vs. 1200 differences?

    Quote Originally Posted by climbingaz View Post
    You think I could swap float bowls? I've got a California model '04 and want to get rid of the bowls because they have those emission do-hickies on them. XenoMorph has a set of 1100 bowls that I'd like to buy if they'll fit my 1200.
    Mine is a European 04 with the same thingies, I am sure they will swap over, somebody should be along to confirm this anytime now, there is a lot of knowledge on this board, thats why I like it so much.
    ride on the left, crash on the right

  21. #81
    2009 Hooligan of the year
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Austin, TX

    Re: 1100 vs. 1200 differences?

    Quote Originally Posted by climbingaz View Post
    You think I could swap float bowls? I've got a California model '04 and want to get rid of the bowls because they have those emission do-hickies on them. XenoMorph has a set of 1100 bowls that I'd like to buy if they'll fit my 1200.
    I'm going to say yes. The gasket part numbers are the same for the 1100 & 1200, which would indicate that the bowls will at least bolt up. As long as there are no internal differences that could cause the float to hang up I have to believe they should swap without issue.

  22. #82
    BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Tempe, AZ

    Re: 1100 vs. 1200 differences?

    Thanks Richie, ZRX24, and TGHW

  23. #83
    Color Monitor
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin

    Re: 1100 vs. 1200 differences?

    Quote Originally Posted by richie rex View Post
    Mine is a European 04 with the same thingies, I am sure they will swap over, somebody should be along to confirm this anytime now, there is a lot of knowledge on this board, thats why I like it so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by zrx24 View Post
    I'm going to say yes. The gasket part numbers are the same for the 1100 & 1200, which would indicate that the bowls will at least bolt up. As long as there are no internal differences that could cause the float to hang up I have to believe they should swap without issue.
    They're a direct swap.



    TG
    TGHW
    ZRXOA #5590
    Welcome to Wisconsin....Come smell our Dairy air !!


  24. #84
    Color Monitor
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin

    Re: 1100 vs. 1200 differences?

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnie Phatt View Post
    and of far greater importance is that while the 1200 may or may not have more torque that really is of very liitle use when you need to turn in harder on a suddenly decreasing radious turn you did not know about
    going fast is not about pure power in a straight line
    it is al about control of the entire motorcycle under all conditions
    no matter what NHRA and NASCAR think
    jp
    There is really no debate regarding the stock 1200 having more torque and more HP than a stock 1100, look it up in the factory specs or hotrodding 101.



    TG
    TGHW
    ZRXOA #5590
    Welcome to Wisconsin....Come smell our Dairy air !!


  25. #85
    Long Riders Club, Member #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Tulsa

    Re: 1100 vs. 1200 differences?

    I am so slow, the difference between the 1100s and 1200s does not make any difference to me. My Green 99 gets me around fine.
    More Ride, Less Talk!
    ZRX Owner #5513

    Long Riders Club, Member #2

    Some Trip Photos, more to come.

    http://s631.photobucket.com/albums/u...Vacation%2007/

    http://s631.photobucket.com/albums/u...Vacation%2005/

  26. #86
    Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
    Hooligan

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    North Carolina

    Re: 1100 vs. 1200 differences?

    Quote Originally Posted by richie rex View Post
    Yes but just imagine if he had a 1200
    I was only talking about riding in the twisties-- where the extra horsepower of the 1200 isn't as beneficial as the apparent better handling of the 1100.


    BTW.. thanks honey! "Apparently you do not know Paparex"
    R.I.P. Shannon Bitzer
    I am a better man for having known you! You will be truly missed.

  27. #87
    ZERO
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    St. Petersburg, FL

    Re: 1100 vs. 1200 differences?

    I keep seeing everyone talking about how much Power the 1200 has over the 1100! Are there still that many Stock 1100's for someone to compare it to? My Stock 1100 makes 148 SAE HP and 81 in Torque with just the ZX11 Cams. The Large K&N Filter on the Airbox and the Step Tube Hindle 4-2-1 Exhaust.

    In all of my readings I have not seen a lot of 1200's making MORE HP when they installed the ZZR cams, Pods and Aftermarket exhaust. Also the 1100 seems to be the better choice for the Turbo Also! So to me, the 1100 makes a Higher % of HP for the same Mods as the 1200 and I can turn RIGHT as well as turn Left equally well!
    Made History at Daytona and Still One Fast Old Man

  28. #88
    BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    middlesbrough. england

    Re: 1100 vs. 1200 differences?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent Hill View Post
    I keep seeing everyone talking about how much Power the 1200 has over the 1100! Are there still that many Stock 1100's for someone to compare it to? My Stock 1100 makes 148 SAE HP and 81 in Torque with just the ZX11 Cams. The Large K&N Filter on the Airbox and the Step Tube Hindle 4-2-1 Exhaust.

    In all of my readings I have not seen a lot of 1200's making MORE HP when they installed the ZZR cams, Pods and Aftermarket exhaust. Also the 1100 seems to be the better choice for the Turbo Also! So to me, the 1100 makes a Higher % of HP for the same Mods as the 1200 and I can turn RIGHT as well as turn Left equally well!
    Yeah but on a standard bike there is very little difference in the cornering, more to do with the smaller rear tyre on the 1100, and the 1200 is much quicker, about 20 bhp quicker, 96 verses around 120. Dont worry if you only have a small one.
    ride on the left, crash on the right

  29. #89
    ZERO
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    St. Petersburg, FL

    Re: 1100 vs. 1200 differences?

    Quote Originally Posted by richie rex View Post
    Yeah but on a standard bike there is very little difference in the cornering, more to do with the smaller rear tyre on the 1100, and the 1200 is much quicker, about 20 bhp quicker, 96 verses around 120. Dont worry if you only have a small one.
    I THOUGHT IT WAS 96 VS 114?? Since we are talking STD bikes!
    Made History at Daytona and Still One Fast Old Man

  30. #90
    BadAss Hooligan
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    middlesbrough. england

    Re: 1100 vs. 1200 differences?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent Hill View Post
    I THOUGHT IT WAS 96 VS 114?? Since we are talking STD bikes!
    Thats about 120 to me!
    ride on the left, crash on the right


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.7
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:46 PM.
vBulletin 4.0 skin by CompleteVB