+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    The Court's in session!

Are there any new makes of street legal motorcycles licensable for 14 year olds ?

There used to be several from every mfg'er--
    --( even Harley- )-
    -which was actually a pretty good little import-
    -but thas a whole 'nuther subject-

--Anyway--what's available now ?

Founder, Long Riders Club
    Ol' Step & a Half

Re: Are there any new makes of street legal motorcycles licensable for 14 year olds ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Judge View Post
    --( even Harley- )-

Judge are you sure thats even still legal in tennesse now with the graduated drivers licenses?
    I do know of hardship license given to underage drivers in famillys that have medical problems and they are only for use to and from medical or for familly care,
    the old laws were about brake HP numbers, it had to be under 12 hp for an 14 yr old to get an license, that put it in the 100cc bike range, thats was 35 years ago, I dont know what the law says now

MBR
    ytrap, itchybutt, gary1129, mavrek, monkey pincher, & all those we miss you
    "ckempf" I knew this would happen. Yesterday I publicly recognized that Sillyhillbilly is a literary genius. Now your trying to imitate his style. Don't work, give it up.:nonono
    if a three person romp is called a threesome
    if a two person romp is called a twosome
    does this mean we call you handsome?
    QUOTEphilobeddoe; ]i agree with marvin, which means the world is going to explode in 10, 9, 8, 7, ...

The Court's in session!

Re: Are there any new makes of street legal motorcycles licensable for 14 year olds ?

it's still legal----it's nobody makes one

Typical village idiot,
    except for the accent

Oh they make 'em, they just don't import them into the US. You might look at an older 100 cc 4 stroke "dirt bike with lights".
    You can take the Englishman out of England, but you'll never take England out the Englishman.

2009 Hooligan of the year

Quote Originally Posted by TheSaint View Post
    Oh they make 'em, they just don't import them into the US. You might look at an older 100 cc 4 stroke "dirt bike with lights".
    Yep.

You can also motard and license any current model 4 stroke dirt bike as well. Plenty of after market light kits available for that purpose.

The Court's in session!

Quote Originally Posted by zrx24 View Post
    Yep.

You can also motard and license any current model 4 stroke dirt bike as well. Plenty of after market light kits available for that purpose.

How do ya get tags ??

How do ya get tags ??
    Your state will have the requirements listed for licensing a bike for the street. Set it up that way then go get it inspected, then take the inspection paperwork to your DPS and they'll process a title.

Tell me what State we're dealing with here and I'll see what I can find on the internet for ya.

The Court's in session!

Quote Originally Posted by zrx24 View Post
    Your state will have the requirements listed for licensing a bike for the street. Set it up that way then go get it inspected, then take the inspection paperwork to your DPS and they'll process a title.

Tell me what State we're dealing with here and I'll see what I can find on the internet for ya.

Tn.

First thing that popped up from my search. It's private sight so it may or may not be up to date for current laws.

http://www.dmv.org/tn-tennessee/moto...gistration.php

A few boys on Thumpertalk have registered off road bikes in Tennessee. You might try shooting one or two of them a PM if you have specific questions.

Here's a link to one thread on that topic.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/sho...t+registration

The Court's in session!

Thanks--

BadAss Hooligan

Hey Judge,

When I was a 14 year old Tennesseean licensing my KS125, I was required to show a certificate as to the total HP of the bike. Since my bike was over the legal 14-yr old limit of 5 brake HP, you were required to have a "governer" installed and a certificate from the shop attesting that it had a "governer" that limited the hp to the 5. It was suggested to me by classmates that certificates could be obtained without doing the actual work but my parents were legal about it and took the bike to a shop for the governer and the certificate. It came back all gutless but that didn't matter! I stillrode it to school everday. I think they "jetted" it down or something. I don't know how it worked. that was 30 years ago. don't know if that helps.

The Court's in session!

Thanks--

Giving you the call.

Aprilia makes a 49cc motorcycle that might qualify. Looks like a full-on race bike.
    [center]

Giving you the call.

[center]

The Court's in session!

The only restrictions I see are now 125cc or less

---Are there any options

BadAss Hooligan

Kawasaki has a 125 Eliminator.

Listed as 124cc so it should work. http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photo...minator125.htm
    "With very little effort I can make a simple task difficult."
    WILD BILL

Appalachian American

Mine started on a CB125. Alabama has a 150cc limit, but the spirit of the law is for scooters and stuff. I think there are weight limits as well as HP limits.
    The older I get, the faster I was
    '99 ZRX 1100
    '78 KZ400 B1 Bike of the Month
    July 2007 KZ Rider.com
    '05 Chinese Fiddy

We will not allow one of our legends nor his family to suffer in silence or alone.The rally cry has been given, we stand fast to do that which is required of us; say but the word and we will be there for our comrade.

--C. Nafziger

BadAss Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by chuckc View Post
    Aprilia makes a 49cc motorcycle that might qualify. Looks like a full-on race bike.
    Four of five years ago somebody made a 49CC "moped" with sport bike fairing, real wheels, etc. It had a restrictor in the intake and the exhaust to limit the speed. Both were removable and I was told in that trim was a 60MPH machine.

\

Typical village idiot,
    except for the accent

Quote Originally Posted by kenh View Post
    Four of five years ago somebody made a 49CC "moped" with sport bike fairing, real wheels, etc. It had a restrictor in the intake and the exhaust to limit the speed. Both were removable and I was told in that trim was a 60MPH machine.
    UK law requires "mopeds" for 16 year olds to be restricted to 30 mph. They are quite easy to destrict and 60 is about right. A kid up here had an Aprilia 50cc, then the 125. Seven years on his bike is a Triumph 675, although he's more usually seen on his dad's Ducati 1098 Tricolore.
    You can take the Englishman out of England, but you'll never take England out the Englishman.

Shoulda got a blue one!

WR250X

Randy

Member # 5326
    03 BLACK ZRX
    02 GREEN ZRX - Sold
    07 ZX14 in Plasma Blue Sold
    05 DRZ400S /M Sold
    06 TT-R230 ( my daughter's ) Sold
    09 WR250R Piped, FMF Power Programmer ++ Sold
    http://www.sundaysocialclub.com
    http://www.dualsport-sd.com
    http://www.sefsd.org/

Alex's Dad
    and Paula's Husband

Outside of the delivery area for Mikes furniture

If your after a 125cc road bike, how about this little CBR125 http://www.hondampe.com.au/wps/wcm/c.../Introduction/

Don't know if they sell it is the states, for some reason you guys don't seem to get anything but sportsbikes and crusiers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ca Pete View Post
    I don't act like that and I have a small pe**s. I'm just gayin'
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric308 View Post
    Hey, I'm two hours later here in Cheeseland if that would help. Right now I''m wearing a #69 Packer onesie with green stilettos.

EMPLOYERS: Avoid hiring unlucky people by immediately tossing half the CVs into the bin

The Court's in session!

I'm thinking along the lines of something
    like an XL100

Typical village idiot,
    except for the accent

Quote Originally Posted by Greedy View Post
    If your after a 125cc road bike, how about this little CBR125 http://www.hondampe.com.au/wps/wcm/c.../Introduction/

Don't know if they sell it is the states, for some reason you guys don't seem to get anything but sportsbikes and crusiers

It's almost impossible to personally import a bike into the US as US regulations virtually forbid it. I tried with my 916 8 years ago and failed

BadAss Hooligan

Funny story. When I was a kid growing up in Alabama, the law was under 150cc AND less than 5 bhp for those under 16. I had a TS185 suzuki with full knobs and no lights. Only time a copper ever flinched was to give me a warning to take it home after dark. My buddy, also under 16, rode a 750-4 honda. Another buddy, 185 Twinstar, then 400 Hawk.

High VOLTage

--( even Harley- )-

If he were my kid I would start him out on this..

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends..
    "God, I know that I am a sinner. I know that I deserve the consequences of my sin.
    However, I am trusting in Jesus Christ as my Savior.
    I believe that His death and resurrection provided for my forgiveness.
    I trust in Jesus and Jesus alone as my personal Lord and Savior.
    Thank you Lord, for saving me and forgiving me! Amen!"

The Court's in session!

Quote Originally Posted by Pal Handy View Post
    If he were my kid I would start him out on this..

--and be tha man in the bubble.......n.c.--

Licensed to post

My son's Tomos moped does an around 60mph or so. We put a big bore kit on it a few years back, bigger carb and a Biturbo exhaust. It's a lot of fun but he doesn't mess with it anymore since he got his mc endorsement. Of course, it's totally illegal now as a 'ped.
    Brent Evans
    The Venturers M/C
    ZRXOA

1999 Yamaha Venture aka "my Two-wheeled Barcalounger"
    2007 Yamaha FZ6 - daily driver

Cheap Squirrel Bastid

I got my motorcycle license when I was 14 in Alabama. I had a Yamaha 125 enduro. I had a 77 Kaw 750 twin before I was 16. They didn't check the HP stuff at that time, but it was many years ago (1978). It was great to be one of two guys who actually drove to Jr. High School.

I can't believe that law is still around. I can't say I was very responsible at that age and really didn't obey many laws.

It only made me the Hooligan I am today.
    SHOCK ME! MAKE ME FEEL BETTER, SHOCK ME! PUT ON YOUR HOT LEATHER! - Ace Frehley

“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting FTW!”