+ Reply to Thread
    Slightly opinionated, but never politically correct

Electrical Question for you fellas

Ive posted this up on a couple of thumper boards no responses yet. Anyway the voltage rectifier on my 86 XT600 is on the Fritz. I have found one from a 90 ( which is electric start ) . Do you think there would be an issues using it , after all all it does is convert AC to DC . My only though would be the incoming AC might be different with the later model . Any thoughts on this
    F1 rules NASCAR is like dumping a box of Fruit Loops in the toilet and watching them all swirl around when flushed. Add some screaming redneck to announce the event and you could sell tickets.

when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity - Hunter S Thompson

Hooligan

Re: Electrical Question for you fellas

if the 2 units match, appearance wise....and if the connector plugs are the same......i would be incline to give it a try. its not uncommon for a part like that to have multiple applications. but, im no freakin electrical fruit loop... if the 2 bike have the same stator....that would be a plus i would think.
    dont give a dam what other people think..
    whaddaya think about that...

BANNED

i would think that the newer would supply a little more power to the system for the electric start, but what do i know. personally, i would shell out the funds for the right application. JMO
    if you choose to try the '90 model rectifier, keep an eye on the battery fluid level. it may boil out over time.

RIP 6/29/19

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Irish View Post
    ... the voltage rectifier on my 86 XT600 is on the Fritz. I have found one from a 90 ...

Some dealers can look up a part number, then look up all the bikes that use that part number.
    [center]

BadAss Hooligan

1976 Suzi GT500 (sold- going to a museum in Hong Kong)
    1977 BMW R100/7 (under sedation)
    1982 Yamaha Virago 750
    1998 Honda Valkyrie 1500 Standard
    2000 Kawi ZRX1100

"The candle flame gutters. Its little pool of light trembles. Darkness gathers. The demons begin to stir."

- Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science As a Candle in the Dark

Slightly opinionated, but never politically correct

Found a correct one on E-Bay
    45 shipped

Once I got a new battery in her, the rectifier started to work correctly : Anyway good to have a spare
    Mods ya can delete this clutter if you wish
    Last edited by Mad Irish; 06-18-2008 at 08:08 AM.
    F1 rules NASCAR is like dumping a box of Fruit Loops in the toilet and watching them all swirl around when flushed. Add some screaming redneck to announce the event and you could sell tickets.

when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity - Hunter S Thompson