+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    BadAss Hooligan
    Camel lover

Took the plunge on an H2...

I am an old 2 stroker and loved the H1 I owned back in the 70's, but always regretted walking past the H2 ($500.00 was a lot back in 1975) and purchasing the H1.

Plus the H1 cost me a perfectly good knee after 3 years of ownership and now that I have a new knee, its time to celebrate..

Anyway, today (literally) I finally received a mint 1972 H2 with a brand new motor, shipped from way up in Canada. It needs a few parts and some TLC, but come spring I hope to be doing some wheelies on this bad boy....

Here are some pics....

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Oh yeah, and this one might be for sale if the wife blows a head gasket when she see's a third motorcycle...

Photobucket
    Member # 7591
    The Green One...

Mad Mudder
    Dang, both of those are sweet

Fast. No need to say more.
    how did you find that? wow!

i would seriosly be interested in that kz if you decide to sell. i need to make a trip to philly anyways to visit my sister so keep me in mind.

to say i'm jealous would be a mild understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' View Post
    add some power to that slug and you wouldn't have to clutch up a wheelie

BadAss Hooligan
    Camel lover

I must give credit, where credit is due...

I somehow ran into Jethro on the internet (probably on this board) and mentioned just how pizzed I was at missing damn near ever H2 Ebay sale, every local H2 For Sale, every Craigs list H2 and everything in between, looking for an H2. I am talking just over 2 years of solid looking, emailing, researching, you name it. I had all but given up....

Jethro showed up one day, and offered to find one for me. Within 24 hours, I had no less then 5 solid leads, spoke to all 5 and reduced it to 3. Just about to purchase one in California, when the one in Canada came back to me with a matched counter offer, if I paid for crating and shipping...
    By the way, the crate is for sale and is a solid steel forklift platform, for anyone that wants to ship a whole bike.

All I had to do is get it from way up north thru customs (Homeland Security) and finally in my driveway. No small task, with plenty of stress along the way....Not sure I would do this again BTW.

The bike exceeded my expectations since the seller is a perfectionist and made it sound a bit less then what I discovered. I am also thrilled with what I paid.

Anyway, I would highly recommend Jethro as Cycle Consultant, when looking for a collector bike..
    He is getting a finders fee from me, and I hope to meet him in person some day.

You sir, are a real Gentleman !!

Member # 7591
    The Green One...

BadAss Hooligan
    Camel lover

Jdunphy - You are so observant.....

The handle bars came seperate, so the tie down straps would no scare them in transit.
    The bars are mint by the way, Thanks for the compliment...
    Member # 7591
    The Green One...

Jethro

No

Sir....I'm a jealous gentleman. That machine is nicer than he lead me to believe. Your right.....a perfectionist he must be......just look at the crate he sent it in.......bet he is glad to get rid of that im-perfect H2.....lol....

The pipes look nice......those are always hard to find in good shape.....

I can almost picture her spitting smoke out the back in that rear shot. When you get her fired, take some vid with sound....I wanna hear it!!!!

How far is Pittsburgh from where you live......

BadAss Hooligan
    Camel lover

4.5 hours on a good day with no police radar (running 75 mph).
    You are welcome anytime..
    Member # 7591
    The Green One...

BadAss Hooligan
    that's a nice scoot you got there.......
    zrxoa #8272

2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200r
    2009 Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R

BadAss Hooligan

I'm in Reading.....

We "must" get together and "scoot". Kevin

When life hands you lemons
    call me.

Hey Joe, you can always bring the KZ to Florida. I'll keep it safe in my garage for ya.

Sweet smoker, BTW.
    Kevin Evans

Kevyz Toyz
    '05 ZRX 1200

Hooligan

h2

Had the same bike in 1982 with chambers! Been into them(2 strokes) my whole whole life. Just sold a 4 H2 projects that are on their way to Japan now. Still have my 84 RZ350 Kenny Roberts & 79 Daytona special though.
    Good luck with bike -looks GREAT!!
    My direct email:
    scheerj@live.com
    He who dies with the most toys wins!

BadAss Hooligan
    Camel lover

Kevztoyz...
    Kevin,

You are one person I would gladly store the KZ900, until I make it to the promised land...
    I may take you up on that...

Member # 7591
    The Green One...

Jethro

Joe

...funny you mentioned the snow mobiles....I'm watching the winter Xgames....snow mobile speed/style runs...these boy's can ride....and the machines sound wicked!!!

BadAss Hooligan
    Camel lover

Jethro,

The guy I bought the bike from builds some wicked 2 stroke snow mobiles, he sent me some cool pics of old sleds that probably burn up the snow..
    Member # 7591
    The Green One...

Jethro

Joe

You need to add the H2 to your tag line!!!!

What injector oil did he tell you to use in her????

BadAss Hooligan
    Nice bike! Looks great! From the thread title I was thinking a Hummer H2. I bet the Hummer pollutes less: "Hey Mister, I think there is something wrong with your motorcycle , it sure is smoking a lot"

I was 15 with no license, the first time I rode an H2. It was my buddies new '74. We smoked a joint, then he told me to take it for a spin. "Bring it up to 4 nice and easy in first, then nail it" he told me - almost flipped it over. Shortly there after, I was pulling wheelies well into 3rd. A "bad" bike in its day. Have fun.

"I'm not much of a praying man but if you're up there Superman ..."

Shoulda got a blue one!

Hey Jdod

Try emailing this guy:

largek92@gmail.com

He is known as BOOTS TRIPLES, and has spares you can not believe.....let him know what year and color and he can probably get you taken care of.

He'll talk to you as long as your talkin triples.....but he won't give up inside secrets.

Best bet is to get his number and give him a call.

Good luck and have fuun, fuUUn, fUUN, bwaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ( shift )
    Randy

Member # 5326
    03 BLACK ZRX - Sold
    02 GREEN ZRX - Sold
    07 ZX14 in Plasma Blue Sold
    05 DRZ400S /M Sold
    06 TT-R230 ( my daughter's ) Sold
    09 WR250R Piped, FMF Power Programmer ++ Sold
    http://www.sundaysocialclub.com
    http://www.dualsport-sd.com
    http://www.sefsd.org/
    https://www.facebook.com/aerial.traffica

BadAss Hooligan
    Camel lover

Jethro,
    He said the Weisco Pistons want standard 2 stroke for the first 500 miles, and to stay well below the red line, with no real idle time, until she is broken in. After 500 miles, start with the Amzoil Synthetic.

He did not seem to be to concerned with the brand of the initial 2 stroke oil, just so long as it was NOT synthetic...Also said to be prepared to go thru some plugs until she is ready for the red....
    Member # 7591
    The Green One...

BadAss Hooligan
    Camel lover

rwynant

Thanks, I was given the same contact info, but no email or phone. I think he is less than 60 miles from me...from what I have been told. I will contact and let you know how I make out.
    Thanks,

Joe
    Member # 7591
    The Green One...

A Southern man needs no introduction to the "boys" at work.
    Denham Springs Louisiana, 10 miles East of Baton Rouge
    AWESOME!

Remember to tell your Family and Friends how you feel about them, you may never get the chance to do so again.

Super Moderator
    I is Approving Stuff

WOW...

Congratulations on the too cool 2-Smoke.

Sometimes I forget people can see me make the jerk off motion when they're talking to me...

Shoulda got a blue one!
    Originally posted by jdodman
    rwynant

Thanks, I was given the same contact info, but no email or phone. I think he is less than 60 miles from me...from what I have been told. I will contact and let you know how I make out.
    Thanks,

Joe
    I know there are a couple of Gurus in the states, I mean really knowledgable guys!

But Boots, ( Rick Langley ) is here in San Diego.
    Randy

Member # 5326
    03 BLACK ZRX - Sold
    02 GREEN ZRX - Sold
    05 DRZ400S /M Sold

Proud Marine Dad
    grumpy-er than a lesbian
    with a cold sore at a slumber party

SWEET!!!!

Boca Burger
    Looks like the search worked..

The leather Bruce
    nice ride jdod.
    James Madison:
    If Congress can employ money indefinitely to the general welfare, and are the sole and supreme judges of the general welfare, they may take the care of religion into their own hands;they may appoint teachers in every State, county and parish and pay them out of their public treasury; they may take into their own hands the education of children, establishing in like manner schools throughout the Union; they may assume the provision of the poor; they may undertake the regulation of all roads other than post-roads; in short, everything, from the highest object of state legislation down to the most minute object of police, would be thrown under the power of Congress…. Were the power of Congress to be established in the latitude contended for, it would subvert the very foundations, and transmute the very nature of the limited Government established by the people of America.

I will never forget.

Shoulda got a blue one!

Here's 1 link....

Randy

Member # 5326
    03 BLACK ZRX - Sold
    02 GREEN ZRX - Sold
    05 DRZ400S /M Sold

Bitches Be Krazy....
    What the HELL!!!!

What kind of problems did you have with the shipping and border crossing ?
    Team Short

2010 KTM RC8r 1198
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX 1224r (Green) Rocket --- MAY 2015 BOTM
    2001 Kawasaki zrx 1200r (Black) KCR Cafe Bike--- JULY 2015 BOTM
    2003 Kawasaki ZRX 1200r (Red)
    2005 Kawasaki ZX10R Track Bike
    2000 Honda XR650R ( Plated ) Dual Sport

Sprich nicht mit mir, du verrückter Mann!

BadAss Hooligan
    Got good taste in KZ's

ZRXOA#4783

Shoulda got a blue one!
    DAYMM, that's C A LEAN!

nice one....
    Randy

Member # 5326
    03 BLACK ZRX - Sold
    02 GREEN ZRX - Sold
    05 DRZ400S /M Sold

BadAss Hooligan
    Camel lover

Beautful KZ....Right color too...

For Trigrnzrx (this is a little long)

Bringing the bike into the USA was stressful, and I did it by the book. It came from New Brunswick, Canada (North of Maine). The fact that they are having record snow storms every single day did not help either.

I worked with Roadway Trucking. The person who walked me through the process (sales of course) was the 'No Problem' type and he was in Ohio. I mentioned it was drained of all fluids (no gas, oil, etc) and of course 'No Problem'. Told him we had to get it across the border, and of course 'No Problem'. The seller did a great job crating and I sent him the Roadway Truck depot to drop off the crate. No Problem, right ??

Right out of the gate, the Roadway in Canada stated 'We do NOT ship motorcycles, under any condition. So I spent half the day getting the 'No Problem' sales guy on the phone with Miss 'We Got a Problem', and of course the seller was not happy smoking up his day at Roadway.

Then I find out I was supposed to fill out several forms in order to ship the product 'In Bond'. This means it comes thru customs at the border without inspection, but is held in sort of quarantine until more paperwork is processed in the states. Now to get these special forms I have to go to a website, download the forms, fill them out, FAX them back. Seller is still at the depot wasting time. Then she did not like my penmanship and wanted me to refill all the forms out, in type.

Then we finally got it all set and she inspected the crate and decided it was not sufficient, so then I get a call stating they are removing the $25,000.00 insurance I had placed on the product, since she could not guarantee safe deliver (because THEY should have crated it).
    So now she is telling me I should have had Roadway Canada crate a motorcycle they would NOT ship. Needless to say, I started to go into a slow boil and said a few things that she might have taken offense too.

So, now I had to sign ANOTHER form that absolved them of any insurance claims if the bike got damaged or disappeared along the way. NOW I AM PIZZED, and I am sure what came out of mouth at that time, did not endear me with this women any further. Back to the computer, back to downloading more forms, sign, fax, etc..

When it finally arrived in Montgomery, PA I had to go to Homeland Security (the old Customs) in Philadelphia, fill out 3 or 4 more forms, get the official red stamps and we picked up the bike, without issue. Well except they upped the shipping price by $100.00 since it weighed slightly more than we guessed when putting the deal together.

Anyway, I still have one more adventure and that will be to get a PA title. I was assured by the customs guy with the 3 forms he gave me, it will be no problem, and he gave me his direct phone number, in case there is.

The other thing that was in my favor, was the bikes age.Since it was a 72, no emission tests required or other inspections..Thank God since these old 2 strokes smoke like chimneys...

Anyway, probably more then you wanted to know, but I am certain I won't do this again..
    Member # 7591
    The Green One...